• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Trainers Association (T)

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos merely stared at the pokeball as he considered the two options presented. But why did it have to be only two? No one said anything about it being a simple gain one lose the other. She could have taken both, or lose both, too. The obvious win-win was taking both, but at the same time Rebecca didn't appear to be the kind of girl that would do that. And no one really wants the lose-lose situation, so that was out as well. So now it made sense why she only said two options.

Either way, Sethos was moved to know that she wanted his opinion on the matter. "If taking Geodude feels wrong to you, then I don't think you should keep it," the boy admitted, carefully picking the pokeball from the girl's hand and seemed to examine it through its container, "I'm sure this is a fine Geodude, but if you think you'll have to consider getting rid of Magikarp just to keep it then I would say no in your situation. It's not like this will be the last one you'll ever see. And I saw you catch Pikachu, Magikarp, and Jigglypuff with little trouble, so I'm sure catching your own Geodude, if you would still like one, will be an easy task for you. We'd be en route for Mt. Moon, anyhow, so we can step in for a minute during training and you could find one."

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Biting her lower lip as she listened to Seth, Rebecca watched him all the while, her gaze following the pokeball as he took it from her hand, flitting back up to his face. It was almost as though she was listening to his words but not really hearing them, opting instead to search out his face with her eyes, certain that there she would find the right path to take. It was infuriating...all these conflicting emotions as she took the Pokeball back from Seth and looked at it with furrowed brows.

On the one hand...she already felt some kind of bond with the pokemon in the sphere. In her hand. It was hers. She knew practically all there was to know about Geodude, since she as a young girl she had dreamed of having a Geodude to start her collection of Ground and Rock type Pokemon. She knew the various abilities of Geodude, the best movesets according to different stats, the most effective way to train the offensive of these naturally defensive Pokemon...and it was a reality now. The ball in her hand made it a reality.

But...was it really? If she had to sell her soul to her parents...yes, Magikarp was difficult and yes sometimes Rebecca wished she could leave him in some lake and walk away. But as much as he may resent her, he was hers. And she wouldn't just abandon him. Truing Magikarp...it would be hard, and it would be a major challenge with an uncertain outcome when he evolved...but that would give them a bond more powerful than ever when she did finally get through to him. And get through to him she would. Rebecca had always dreamt of starting her collection of Ground and Rock Pokemon with a Geodude...but not like this. She would go and capture her own Geodude. And she would raise it with her Magikarp.

Coming to this realisation, Rebecca looked up and met Seth's eye for a long moment not saying anything. She then turned and unlocked the door to her house, slipping into the front room and putting Geodude back on the table, swiping a piece of paper. When her parents returned, they would find the Pokeball seemingly untouched and a note that said Nice try, but I'll get my own Geodude and I will raise it with Magikarp. Thank you for got unwarranted concern.

Leaving the house with a deep sigh, she smiled at Seth and gripped the strap of her bag tighter. She hated how angsty his had all become with her trip home...so she inwardly resolved to be the Rebecca that Seth had actively wanted to travel with. to this end, she breezily slipped her arm through his and practically bounded along the road toward MtMoon, her grin wide.

"let's do this! And in the process, let's get me a Geodude!"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos blushed slightly as Rebecca joined arms with him and traveled out to Mt. Moon. He noticed the change in attitude. It wasn't a bad thing, but she just seemed a little happier than how she had been acting this morning. It was her parents still... Had she shifted attitudes for him? He hoped not. He didn't want to make her feel like she had to act a certain way for him. But he also didn't want to bring it up. Being correct or not, bringing it up might have hurt her feelings.

As predicted, a few trainers were hanging around and chatting along the path to Mt. Moon. A set of them were even having a battle. Sethos stopped them both so that they could watch. "Rebecca, let's watch for a bit," the boy said as he looked over at the battling Pokemon. A Spearow (not a sight for sore eyes, still) and a Bulbasaur were exchanging hits. Tackle for Peck, it seemed like Spearow had the advantage. And then Bulbasaur shot a seed from its bulb and it hit Spearow; draining some of its health gradually. With Leech Seed in place, Bulbasaur turned the tide of battle and managed to pull off the win.

"Wow, that was an interesting battle. What do you think, Rebecca? Let's start this training off right," Sethos said before addressing two trainers that were also watching the battle, "Hey, let's double battle! You two versus us!" The two trainers seemed confused at first, but then they nodded and stood together. They each raised a pokeball as their pick. Sethos returned the gesture by choosing a pokeball of his own with his free hand.

"So, are you ready?" Sethos asked Rebecca.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Having made their way to Mt. Moon, they chanced upon two trainers battling a Spearow and a Bulbasaur, and Seth suggested watching them. Rebecca agreed, settling down beside Seth to watch as the two went for it, fully expecting the Spearow to Peck the Bulbasaur into submission as she was sure anybody else would. That Spearow had one vicious Peck, more so even than other Spearow who were after all famed for their vicious attitude and powerful beaks. But no, ultimately the Bulbasaur could win through...Rebecca wondered if this was some kind of sign sent from above, that type disadvantages didn't matter when paired with real determination and passion...

"It was very interesting, I didn't expe-WHAT?!" she exclaimed loudly as Seth volunteered them both for a double battle. Rebecca paled. She shook slightly. Sure these were only two poxy trainers who didn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things, and their Pokemon didn't seem particularly powerful...but she wasn't sure that she was ready to battle any other trainers yet! The trainers stood opposite them, PokeBalls raised and Rebecca grimaced, shooting a glare at Seth before she pushed herself to her feet and stood by him, taking a Pokeball from her belt.

Yes, this would be good training, and yes she did need to experience trainer battles...but still...oh hell, this was not doing much good for her sickly stomach...one of the trainers noticed that she looked a little less than confident and smirked at her, trying clearly to psyche her out so she performed poorly in the battle.

"You okay there doll? Want to go running back home to Mummy and Daddy?" he called to her, his companion cat-calling somewhat irritatingly and Rebecca's shaking form stilled, her face going from pale to flushed with anger, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Come again?" she asked angrily, expanding the PokeBall in her hand. "Never. Call me. Doll." she warned quietly, before sending out Hoppip, who floated in between the two sets of Trainers, gazing placidly at the other two, not really sensing the anger radiating from both sides.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Snickering to himself, Sethos couldn't help but smile as he witnessed Rebecca's anger in a different focus. Oh, he knew that those were in for it now. He even felt weary of that glare she shot at him the moment before. In any case, Sethos summoned his own Pokemon; Mankey. Mankey appeared with a flip as it joined Hoppip's side. "Combat time, Mankey! These guys are in for it!" Sethos laughed as he looked over to Rebecca with a smile. It might have killed him right now, but he couldn't help it; he was like another person when he got into a battle. "We'll beat them in record time!" Of course, it would be their first trainer battle, so the record will be easy to make. But details.

"Go!" both trainers said, throwing their pokeballs at the same time. One had a Beedrill, and the other had an Aron. Both pokemon looked like they had seen quite a bit of action, but Sethos wasn't interested in that. All he saw was strategy.

"Easy pickings," Sethos taunted, pretending to stretch out by moving his hands behind his back, "Beedrill's yours, I've got Aron." Luckily for them, the kid who called her "Doll" was the one with the Beedrill, so hopefully she'd be more than focused on Beedrill as he worked on Aron.

"Don't mock us! You saw that last battle!" the other boy exclaimed, pointing at Mankey, "Aron! Headbutt!" Aron reacted immediately and charged at Mankey. Admittedly it was pretty zippy as far as Aron went. Even so, Sethos didn't show any worry. In fact, he seemed more than confident.

"Low Kick, Mankey!" Sethos commanded. Mankey did as instructed and made a sweeping kick as Aron came close. The kick made contact; making Aron falter and continue tumbling forward instead of running. Aron stopped short of the boy as he smirked. "Yeah, I saw it. Doesn't mean you two have a chance!"

Years
  • Dylan didn't even notice that Sherry had left with Nurse Joy, he was dead tired. The only part he remembered, was a Chansey handing him a glass of water, and forcing him to his feet. The Pokemon Center looked very different to him now, it didn't seem so homey. It almost felt like a prison to him, but a comfortable prison to say the least. He sat down in one of the waiting chair's, Vulpix rubbing up against his leg every now and then. He eventually picked up the pokemon, it seemed to nervous to him to be left wandering around. Sherry came out right as the fox started to relax a little more. Problem was, she was on crutches. She walked over to them, not gracefully at all. Vulpix jumped off his lap, running for her own trainer right as Sherry spoke. "Nurse Joy said I can go to Azelea Town. I just have to be really careful."

Good thing we're not leaving tonight... He thought, going to write that down, but he didn't have his backpack. His room had escaped his mind until he thought about staying in Violet City. Still being pretty tired (He had never had great stamina) he started power walking to his room. The open door came into veiw, then he started running. He stepped in his room, looking around. Notepad on bed, Check. Food in fridge/cupboards, Check. Backpack, Check. Pictures, Check. Supplies, Missing 2 Potions. Money, What the... why is it all here? Stuff brought from home, Check, as far as I can tell. His mental checklist went great. He was only missing a couple things, but the money thing really bothered him. Not that he wanted it to be gone, he just wondered what they took instead of the money, it had to be something.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shirona saw Dylan run to his room. She heaved a sigh and followed, much slower. She took a few steps into the room and looked around carefully. "Hnmmmm", she said softly to herself. Nothing was stolen except some potions. "Who would steal only potions and not the money? Either they weren't very good theives, or they were just trying to confuse us....", she said, trailing off. She was now visably nervous, stroking Amphy's pokeball. She awkwardly bent down and tried to pick up Vulpix. Her left crutch slipped out and she fell. She landed on the floor, and just looked up with a confused expression. She made a stupid choice, standing up without her crutches. She quickly grabbed them when she started to fall again. She hung her head. "Oh for Arceus's sake.", she muttered. "I'll be in my, uh, room. Soooo, yeah.", she said, limping out to her room across the hall. She laid on her bed and sighed. Vulpix jumped up and curled up on her lap. She let out her other pokemon. Fluff settled onto a pillow on the floor, James curled up on the desk, Amphy laid down next to Shirona, Sentret curled up around Shirona's head, and Misdreavus left to talk to Jem. Shirona fell asleep, curled up with Vulpix and her other pokemon.

Years
  • Dylan looked around the room, trying to figure why there was no money stolen. "I really think you're over-thinking it. Maybe a pokemon got into here and recognized the potions, but didn't care about money. Or maybe they just didn't see it. A lot of things could've happened. So stop worrying, and just start cooking dinner. You're hungry, I know it."

Yeah I know, but the whole thing is just well, weird. I guess I am kind of hungry though... His stomach growled at the thought of food. Sherry running away hadn't been a quick little stop. It was getting pretty late out. He went over to the fridge and got out the steaks he bought earlier that day. The room didn't have a grill in it, which wasn't a surprise, so he put the steaks in a marinade of the honey and cayenne. The front desk was empty when he walked down, so he wrote out his speech during the wait. The nurse popped up front from the back, holding someone's pokemon. They were a Sneasel and a Munchlax. The trainer looked to be a little older than him, maybe 17 at the most. He walked over to Dylan, walking like he owned the place. "Hey there little boy. What are you staring at? At least I have strong pokemon, someting you don't. How many badges do you have? None? That's what I'd expect from someone that looks like you! Now get lost!"

Dylan looked at the guy, then just walked up to the counter, ignoring him. He didn't want any fights today, it was already eventful. The nurse at the counter smiled at him, just like they did everytime. "Hello! Sorry about that, he just lost to Falkner, he's upset now. Anyways! What can I help you with?"

Dylan showed her the paper, and she read, at lightning speed it seemed. "Oh yes! We have a grill out back that you can use. Just keep walking down your hallway to the door at the end. There's a little patio area out there. Hope you food's great!"

He nodded and smiled as he walked away, the other boy not noticing him slip down the hall. His room was left open again when he got there. Dangit! I need to stop doing that! Jem? Remind me next time?

"Well I was here, so you weren't completely defenseless. Oh and Misdreavius is here. Sherry fell asleep, again..."

Haha alright, I'm going to go grill these steaks, I'll be back soon. Oh! And I won't forget the door this time! He thought, walking out the door with the steaks, and forgetting to close it. "Really... Misdreavius, be thankful you're trainer can at least shut a door." Jem said walking over to pull the door closed. Jem walked over to the berry platter that was still on the table, grabbing a few of the remaining berries. Some of them had been taken, along with all of the human food on the plate. She handed one to Misdreavius and starting eating herself.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Misdreavus ate her berry slowly. "Tell me about it. Although it is quite amusing.", she said in between bites. After finishing her berry she looked around. She spotted the flowers on Dylan's bed. "Good Arceus, is he always so forgetful? Looks like if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself", she said, picking up the flowers. She floated over to Shirona's room and laid the flowers on her bed next to her. She looked at the pen and paper and decided to try and write. After failing, she just hoped her trainer would recognize them and know who sent them. She went back to Jem. "Males are useless at times....I just hope he doesn't burn the steaks", Misdreavus said.

Years
  • "I doubt he will, that's all that's been on his mind all day. He really wants to get this one perfect, which I hope he does. Things haven't really gone well for him, or Sherry, today." Jem stated, walking into the hall to see if he was coming. Sure enough, there he was, carrying a plate that was steaming. She walked back into the room, and sat down on the bed, yawning immensely.

Hey! Don't fall asleep on me yet! I need your help setting up real quick.

"Ugh... I don't wanna help him, I wanna sleep. But like you said, males can be useless sometimes," she said directed towards Misdreavius. "Alright! What do you need? I'm tired!" this time talking to Dylan.

Do you think you could be our "waitress" for the night? If you don't could you ask Misdreavius? I'll be on the patio, setting up a table.

"Hey Misdreavius? Do you think you could help me be their "waitress"? I'll be of help for the first part, then I'm out."

Dylan walked back out to the patio. It wasn't a very big place, a grill on each corner of the cement slab, some pokemon shaped lanturns hanging off of wooden beams above the cement. The beams provided a slight roof, but it was more for decoration. In the middle of the slab, there were a couple picnic tables, 2 of them being occupied by other trainers. He walked over to one of the empty ones and laid down a white tablecloth found right inside the door. He brought out dishes from his room and set them down, a wine glass, plate, and silverware, for each of them. He had bought sparkling white grape juice, the closest thing he could find to wine, earlier that day at the small mart. He grabbed a Roselia lamp of the ceiling and set it in the middle of the table. At this point, the other trainers were staring at him, wondering what was going on. He couldn't think of anything else, so he walked over to the other trainers and pointed to the table. His notepad wasn't on him so he just pointed to his eyes, then the table. The walk back to his room was utterly silent. Usually there was some kind of noise, but nothing this time. His room was just as he left it, not even the pokemon had moved. Alright, it's all set up. Just follow us out of the room, not being seen, and stand outside the door with the food and the bottle of "wine". I'll tell you when to come in with it, then you can sleep. Got it? Jem forwarded Dylan's thoughts on to Misdreavius, even though she hadn't replied yet.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Misdreavus sighed. "Too true, Jem.", she said. She agreed to help be the 'waitress'. "I gotta go get Shirona up.", she said, drifting back to her trainer's room. She pulled a nice, silky, long blue dress out of her trainer's closet, and then woke her up, pointing to the dress, then the door.
    ------------------------
    Shirona woke up and yawned. She saw Misdreavus pointing to her long blue dress, then the door. Shrugging, she changed and let her hair down. It was wavy, being in a ponytail all day. She grabbed her crutches and limped out, following a very enthused Vulpix. Misdreavus disappeared, but Shirona knew she wasn't far away. She limped to Dylan's room. "My pokemon are acting up. Is something wrong?", she asked. She didn't see Jem either, but she again shrugged it off. "Misdreavus insisted I wear this, although the why still eludes me. Perhaps you might know?", she said. Misdreavus also pointed to her blue heels, but Shirona declined, going for the safer sneaker option. She felt sort of self-concious, so she started playing with a strand of hair.
    -----------------------
    Misdreavus appeared next to Jem. "Ok, part one, done. She's in his room with him. Now we wait", the ghost type said.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ((OOC: On my iPod, I apologize in advance for any major errors. :) ))

Dylan changed into more appropriate clothing while Misdreavius got Sherry. He put on some khaki shorts, a purple button up shirt, and his leather and cloth flip flops. He first hear Sherry, so he acted casual, even though they both were dressed up. She walked into the room and his jaw dropped. Wow, she looks amazing! she was asking something, but he wasn't paying attention. Instead, he bent over and picked her up. This time wasn't near as far, so it would go a little smoother. He carried her out to the patio, then set her down at the table. He signaled Jem and Misdreavius in, they came holding the food and "wine". The food was set down, and the drink poured. He hadn't planned anything to happen tonight, but he hadn't planned anything that day.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Jem walked back inside, heading straight for Dylan's bed. Conversation couldn't be avoided though, "How do you think it'll go? He put a lot of thought into it, and I hope it pays out well."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shirona let out a gasp of surprise when Dylan picked her up and carried her outside to the patio. After he set her in a chair at a table, Misdreavus and Jem both appeared. After setting everything down then disappearing. Shirona looked around, a surprised smile on her face. "When did you do this?", she asked. Not giving him a chance to reply, she smiled again. "Because everything is so beautiful.....thank you", she said, her voice softer and her eyes bright. "This is the single most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me. This is so amazing.", she said, looking up at the stars. "They seem brighter than I remember. So pretty and bright.....", she said, trailing off and simply watching the stars. A shooting star appeared, and Shirona smiled, closing her eyes for a second. "A shooting star. So rarely seen. Beautiful, isn't it?", she said. The food smelled wonderful, but she was being polite and waiting until he started eating.
    --------------------------------
    Misdreavus peaked out the door to the patio, then went back to Jem. Grabbing a berry, she floated next to the bed. "Oh I think everything is going to go just fine Jem. She looks like she's having the time of her life.....do you think they'll, you know, kiss or anything?", the ghost type said, eating her berry.

Years
  • Dylan let a smile creep on his face, Finally, something is going right today! He looked up at the stars, they did seem exceptionally bright, but it was his first starry night in Johto. He looked over at Sherry, hoping he didn't look too overly creepy, so he looked at the steak. The food looked great, and smelled great for that matter, but Sherry hadn't touched her food yet. Still, it looked great, so he cut off a little peice and ate it. His face lit up, Perfect! Just Perfect!! He thought to himself, cutting off another bite. He glanced over at Sherry, looking to see if she had touched her's yet. Oh shoot! Maybe she's a vegetarian! Dammit!

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shirona relaxed and took a bite of her steak. After swallowing, she smiled. "It's perfect. Don't look so nervous Dylan", she said, touching his arm. This is so incredible....he must really care, she thought to herself. She took a sip of the grape juice, and noticed Dylan watching her. She smiled shyly. "Why are you so jumpy and nervous?", she asked. She took another bite of her steak. Her hair had fallen into her face, so she put her hair up in a bun with a hair tie she had around her wrist. A few shorter pieces framed her face. "Thank you again Dylan. This is really nice", she said.
    ---------------------
    Misdreavus was watching through the door window. Smiling to herself, she floated back to Jem. "Yep. Smooth sailing. We did good. They'll thank us one day", she said.

Years
  • Dylan relaxed a little when she said she liked the steak. It was his his first real date, being known as the weird silent kid back at home. He held up a one on his finger, his very shaky finger, hoping that his nervousness and the finger got the message across. Of course, he didn't think of it as a date date, but it was pretty close to the real deal. His steak was halfway gone at this point, and decreasing fast. The moment was one he wanted to last forever, but that didn't seem to be the case. You can only talk so much after a meal, and well, he couldn't talk, so that eliminated the after meal conversation. Subconciously, his hand reached over and landed on Sherry's. He was going to pull away, but wanted to see her reaction first.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Jem looked over at Misdreaius. "He's too focused on making it perfect, unless he stops worrying, it'll go downhill. I think. If it doesn't, then yeah, we'll be the heroes of the day."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shirona looked at him for a moment, before her expression changed to understanding. "Oohhhh. Ok, I get it now. That would make anyone nervous. Believe it or not, I have only been on two dates my entire life. Neither ended well. I walked home on the first one, second one I had my friend teleport me home via her Gardevior. The guys were jerks anyways", she said. Just as she was going to take a drink, Dylan put his hand on hers. She looked at his hand a moment, before placing her other hand on top of his. "Relax, Dylan. Breath. I'm not going to bite you, I promise.", she said. She had finished her steak. She saw a few other trainers watching them. She leaned over the table and whispered, "Lets get out of here. Too many people. We can go to my room, since Jem is sleeping in yours". She smiled. "Remember, I won't bite you.", she said gently.

Years
  • Dylan nodded, relieved that she made the first move to leave. He took a quick drink of his grape juice and stood up. Before getting Sherry, he walked to the other trainers. He didn't do anything, just stood there, then shook his head and walked back to his table. There was one more thing he needed to do before leaving. It was only to put the lanturn back, but he wanted to make a joke. He got down on one knee and reached into his pocket, producing a small box. There was nothing in it, but it looked pretty realistic. He couldn't hold in his laughter any longer, so he put the box back in his pocket and hung up the lanturn. He would clean up the rest in the morning, so he just walked over to Sherry, and extended his arms, as to lift her up, but not exactly just doing it.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shirona's eyes went wide when Dylan went down on one knee. After a few moments, she realized it was a joke. She smiled and took a last sip of her drink before Dylan came over. He had his arms extended, almost like he was going to pick her up like he had earlier. She noticed he seemed to be waiting this time, instead of just picking her up like he had before. "Very gentleman-like Dylan. I appreciate not being randomly picked up.", she said. To show him that she was joking, she smiled. She placed her hands on his arms. "Ok, I'm gonna try and get up. Pray that it works, cause I really don't want to do a faceplant into the ground this evening", she said. She managed to get up, after a few tries. She tried to take a step, but her shoelace caught the edge of the chair, making her fall forward...right into Dylan. In an automatic self-preservation act, she hugged him, keeping herself upright. She looked up, her face on fire. "S-sorry Dylan. I almost f-fell, so um...", she trailed off.

Years
  • Dylan carefully watched as Sherry tried to stand up. It took a little bit, but it eventually happened. Tragedy occurred when she tried to take a step. He saw her shoelace on the chair, but at that point it was too late. She fell into him, but hugging him before she hit the ground. He let out a little laugh at her clumsiness, but quickly stopped, knowing she wouldn't like that very much. He hoped his face wasn't as red as hers, but it sure felt like it. Sherry tried to spit out a sentence that made sense, but it didn't exactly work. He got what she meant thought. Dylan reached down and helped her stand up again, but being sure to hold on so she didn't biff it. Like he had done before, he waved his hand in an "After you" fashion.

Back