• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inner Demon OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    'Kay, finished my SU. But I didn't plan on making my character like that...it was like it wrote itself. O__o I mean, I was planning on making him a bad boy type with a hot smile like in the animes but he ended up...well, as you can see.

Btw, yay for my very first male character!

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    Ichiro, I see, I see. Well, mm, would it be too much of a bother to write in third person? x)
    It's just the style I suppose it's more typical to use here.

Neiko Star, did you change your bio entirely? xD

Eveelution, thanks for your opinion, I think we're going with that. I also, think that I just wanted to see an RP sample from you to be accepted, I wrote about it a couple of posts after yours. o:

For the colorful posts of my dearest friends above, I will read this shortly; this post is to be edited.GP, I'm really glad you've decided to join, I can't wait to see your bio. (:
    As far as Siren's bio goes, wow, talk about jailbait :P

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Adone <3! Hope it's satisfactory, I had fun creating this "cute" littler character.lright D I'm

Scratch that I needa add a few stuff xD

Now I'm done.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    I have pretty much finished my SU, i have just the personality to edit and it should be finished.
    Is everything else ok?
    and yeas, no problem, i can write in third person.

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    Posting this, will finish tomorrow. This will force me to do it :P

Well I started, I've got to head off. I will however, finish most probably tonight. Or I'll get another chunk done.

Another chunk down, but I have some things that need sorting out. Might have a shot tomorrow.

Just got Personality left. Also changed the font.

Done!

Name: Artemis Dallas Phoenix

History: Honour. Pride. Courage. The three traits that separate man from beast, and eternal peace from a never-ending restlessness. -Darius Lupus Phoenix.

The Phoenixes have a interesting lineage. Tracing back to ancient times, the family was a clan of the land's finest warriors and battlers alike. At the head stood Darius Lupus Phoenix. Born whilst the moon was at it's fullest, this young man was destined for greatness. As a child, his strength began to develop. His quick wits in battle allowed him to outsmart his other peers, winning Pokemon battles and fights with a mix of technique and brutal power. As he aged, it became evident who the next chief would be and, like the true leader he was, Darius took the job with open arms. At the young of of 18, he married and took control of the tribe, as a warrior cannot become a chieftain without a chieftainess. He married a lady by the name Winona Jane Ventus, a childhood friend. She was as cunning as he was strong, one of the many reasons he chose her specifically. The tribe flourished and was very successful.

The couple produced 3 children, heirs to the tribe; Incendia, Unda and Terra. Each specialized in their own form of battling. Incendia prefer the faster, fire-type Pokemon, hitting them quickly with a mixture of her techniques and knocking them out before they had a chance to react. Unda preferred the slower, water-type Pokemon, using special abilities and attacks to win her battles. Terra inherited his father's brutal strength, and used the heavier Grass-type Pokemon and fighting with power. Although they could never beat one another, they always believed they were stronger than the other one.

So when Darius's time on this world was up, there was no choice. Instead, squabbling and argument ensued. None of the three would submit to any of their siblings, they were just too proud. And so the tribe split. Each third of the tribe followed their chosen heir, the one they believed was the rightful leader. Winona, distraught and terrified at what would happen if she picked a child, committed Sepukku, throwing herself onto her sword to be with her husband.

The three attempted to each run their own tribe, but found themselves failing. Of course, they would never admit that the others could help them, No, they were far to proud for something like that. As the primal age of the Pokeverse came to an end, the Phoenix family stayed off the radar. Numerous tried to bring them back into the limelight, but failed miserably.

And then Artemis's father was born.

William Dallas Phoenix was a very much a Gary-Stu. He excelled at everything he did, whether it be sports, academia, he even had an aptitude for singing. A genius, a prodigy some would say. He graduated from the top of his class with honours, and was offered many prestigious career opportunities. But instead, he took a job no-one expected him to take. Working with some old friends, one Mr K. E. Darkrose and his wife, he took a teaching job at Cineris Titan Academy, a smaller school for Pokemon Trainers. He worked there for three years, before meeting Artemis's mother.

Fiona Amelia Centauris was a close friend of the Darkrose family. She meet the couple at Cineris Titan Academy, a job she took to replace some of the other teachers. Her love for Pokemon caring meant she had a strong connection with them, a bond instantly formed. After being set up with William by the couple, the two dated for a year, before marrying at the Academy. As the summer wound down for the year, both parents found themselves pregnant. Before the next summer, the young duo were born into the school, Artemis and a smaller girl; Haley Kaelyssa Jolicoeur-Darkrose.

Fiona, William and young Artie lived along side the Darkroses on the island-school, working part time classes as the family took turns to look after the kids. For 11 years, the families grew up together. The children loved it, as they ran wild around the island. They learnt all the things the parents knew about pokemon, whether it be the technicality of Pokemon Battling from Minnie and William, or the tips and tricks of caring for pokemon from Kenji and Fiona.

And then the war began. The war that would tear apart their lives.

As the regions clashed, the small island was caught between Johto and Hoenn. The island itself was evacuated immediately, but not everyone could escape in time. As Artemis's family flew away from the island, a Draconic Meteor Shower hit the island, catching the fleeing Darkroses in the blast. The Phoenixes feared the worst for their close friends, but a call came a few days later. The parents had survived without a problem, but Haley hadn't faired as well. She'd been struck head on by a meteor, and died in her parents arms. The parents were hysterical, of course. But there was nothing they could do.

Artemis's reaction was an uncommon one. He didn't cry, in fact, he didn't do anything remotely emotional. Instead, he worked. He grabbed some metal and a hammer. Using the flames of his parents Pokemon, he forged a horse-shoe ring, and placed it upon his finger. He winced at the pain of the burning steel to begin with, but the ring left it's mark. Haley had always to own her own ranch, just like her parents. The symbol would become his only recognition of her, as she slowly faded from his life. Gone, but never forgotten.

So the family hid for 5 years. Artemis was schooled by his father everyday, learning things he'd never been taught at school. Artie spent these five years training his body and mind. He learnt to use firearms; smaller ones such as pistols, and swords, including the noblest of the blades; the katana. He chose the blade, an unlikely weapon indeed, because it represented his ancestors. The Blood, the Pride of Darius Lupus Phoenix flowed through his veins. He would return his family from the ashes, like his namesake, the mighty Phoenix.

And then his father heard about the new school. After a brief exchange of letters between William and the principal of the school, Artemis was accepted into the school. Vowing to bring the Phoenixes back from the brink, he embarked for the school.

The Phoenix always rises from the ashes.

Appearance: Artemis isn't what someone regard as 'classically handsome'. Standing at around 170cm tall, he is only just above average height for his age. His build is muscular, from the physical aspects of his training, but not as muscular as one might think. His "rock-hard" abs barely show through his skin, his toned legs showing the muscles only when flexed. Long, black hair frames his face, resting peacefully upon his neck. His slightly larger than normal deep blue eyes afflict his piercing gaze. His cheekbones seem soft, giving his face a gentler look to match his quiet side. His shoulders are broad, making him seem larger than he actually is. His arms can lift much more than they appear to be capable of, ending in a hand with long slender "musician's" fingers.

Outfit wise, Artie has two practical clothing samples. His usual attire includes a blue shirt, with the words Escape the Darkness, embraced the Light and a pair of black denim jeans held up with a Heatran's head themed buckle. His feet are covered in black socks, inside of blank white running shoes. As well as the ring, he has a small chain around his right wrist, made from balls of pure metal. To top this outfit off, he also carries a dual pair of Katanas, one slightly longer than the other, sheathed. The sheathes are attached sideways to the back of his belt.

If the situation would require it, he also has some very formal clothes. A plain black dress-shirt lies beneath an otherwise pure white suit. A pair of sunglasses add to the outfit, all topped off with a striped white fedora.

Personality: Artemis Dallas Phoenix is a proud man. Reputation, Integrity; these mean a lot to him. With the noblest of intentions, Artemis proceeds through his way of life. He's a very trusting person to those who've earned it, but be warned. If anyone were to break said trust, they may never earn it back. And if one pushed him too far, they might find themselves on the end of his blades. Reputation means a lot to Artemis.

Aside from that particular quirk, Artemis is a generally nice guy. Blunt, but kind. He won't beat around the bush, but he's not a total arsehole. His gentler side has been shown, but only at the best of times. He is perfectly capable of normal human interaction, and enjoys the company of others thoroughly. His calm demeanour allows him to take control of any situation, as well as a kind of commanding presence he holds.

Negative Trait: Pride
    Power: He can shoot ancient Egyptian laser beams out of his face. Alchemical Manipulation: Metal. Artemis can mold objects made from metal into different forms. This is limited to the object becoming roughly the same size as it is normally. So he can't turn a ring into a broadsword.

Schedule:
    Homeroom
    1st period: Mathematics: Fourth Core
    2nd period: Spanish and Dead Languages
    Lunch
    3rd period: History/Mythology
    4th period: Pokemon Battling: 101

Pokemon:
    Inner Demon OOC

Species: Machop
    Nickname: Achilles

RP Sample: I've been in practically every RP you've been in Diego... but I'll do it anyway :P. Tis a short one, but Quality>Quantity right?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (I... Think this covers everything... >.>')

Neiko Star: Wow, I can really tell that you put a lot of work into your SU! I have no problem accepting you ^.^

TAGP (not going to write out the whole thing, GhostPrincess :P): *blinks* o.o'
    Uhm, I really like it... Just make sure to keep the violence and bloodlust at PG-15... But other than that, I can't wait to see how your character goes~ (oh, and the choice of math is between the four cores... Unless she's talking advanced Calc or AP Stats or something like that...)

Honey & Clover: Oh boy... >.>'

Ichiro: I don't have time to read your SU right now. Will do later :3

Umbreongirl: Well, I read some of it... But then my eyes fell out...
    14? |3
    Just remember to keep it on a suggestive level, okay? xD
    And the only battling class is "Battling 101"

Wolf: Pshaw, like I'd reserve you...
    Fine, you're reserved.

Eletj: Um... Looks good so far? ;P

--

I'm genuinely surprised that nobody chose the ability to heal for the irony of it xP

GAH! TOO MANY PEOPLE I KNOW ARE SIGNING UP!

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    I am finally done with my SU! Here it is!

Name: Nicholas Lorren

Appearance: Nicholas has the scowl that is so commonly seen during these hard times. Despite his harsh look, he is actually quite a wimp and dons a thin stick-like figure as if to prove it. One would expect him to wear the trade mark wimpy glasses, but no, his eyesight is actually quite sharp. He is of average height, around 5' 6", and his skin is a bit pasty from holing himself away from the outside world, though he has a slight browning that one gets from simply living in Sunnyshore City. Despite the initial unattractive appearance, a closer look reveals rather strong cheek bones, and they compliment well with Nicholas's rounded, oval shaped eyes. Sadly, his muddy brown eyes and straight sun yellow hair clash like ketchup and syrup.

He has no like for the water but wears a digital waterproof watch; yet he continually whines about it, saying that olive green is to disgusting a color, and that it is a few minutes too slow. He usually wears a polo shirt of either red or green, though it sometimes has white stripes in the classic polo design (though it is an off brand copy.) His blue jeans are two sizes too big in an attempt to be "cool", but it means that he has to wear a belt and roll up his pants in a way that makes him look like a nerd. When the wind brings in the cold air from the marshes or it's raining, Nicholas wears a red and white scarf that is just a bit too long and hangs down to his belt. It may seem a bit odd since there never really is a need for a scarf in Sunnyshore City. Growing up in Sunnyshore City means that Nicholas doesn't have many warmer clothes, though he does have a nice blue windbreaker he was given during a three day storm.

Personality: Unfortunately, Nicholas is a spoiled brat. He is ungrateful for all the stuff he gets, and in these times, he's lucky to be getting anything. It doesn't matter what happens to him, or what he gets, he can find a way to complain about it.

Despite his character flaws, he does have his good points, like the fact that he will keep his promises, and is used to taking care of himself. Granted, that usually means a cup of noodles and a pile of books, but still he does survive. Nicholas finds an escape in the books he reads, often lusting for the happiness and peace that the heroes in the book end up discovering. When he reads these books, the inner good inside of him plans to take action to find that happiness and peace. He never does get past the reading and planning.

Unfortunately, he is a terrible leader, losing confidence when it is needed most. Maybe someday he will learn how to be understanding and learn empathy to others. He tries to be bossy, but the sad truth is that nobody really listens to him. Because Nicholas is a total wimp his over the top cautiousness can be a bit annoying to others. He is terribly afraid of CLEFAIRYS! He should have never read that book about space clefairys.

History: He grew up under his smothering mother, who was so excited to have a child that she treats him like an angel and tells him he is perfect. His father works at the stock market and owns a side business (selling deodorant). He expects Nicholas to take up the family deodorant business and to eventually try his luck at the stock market. Amazingly, Nicholas actually fantasizes about taking over the family business. Nicholas actually doesn't know much about the stock market or how run a business, but he thinks he deserves to get the business. During these hard times, Nicholas's father had to cut his expenses, and his mother was forced to start working as a secretary for a high government official to make ends meet. Apparently, Sunnyshore is the most technologically advanced city and has easy port access, which makes it a good place for a government official. Nicholas's mother found out about the Hope High School, and thinking that it would be a chance for Nicholas to live in a happier environment, snuck his name onto the "randomly" selected roster of kids to get an invitation.

When he got a letter inviting him to a state of the art high school, Nicholas immediately took the offer; sadly, he still thought that he should have been given a fancier letter, and that it was terribly rude not to have an official present it to him. But an opportunity is an opportunity, and Nicholas took it. He immediately took a train to Snowpoint City, and this is where his adventure begins.

Negative Trait: Ungratefulness

Power: Levitation

Schedule:
    Homeroom
    1st period: Core 3
    2nd period: Latin
    Lunch
    4th period: Pokemon Care and Breeding

Pokemon: Nicholas has a spinirak that was given to him by the pokemon handler at Hope High School. The young, male, spider pokemon is a bit quirky and likes to read over Nicholas's shoulder while hanging upside down from the rafters. Sadly, Nicholas accidentally called him Spinner once, and the spinirak now refuses to be called anything else.

RP Sample: Nicholas was concentrating solely on the book he held in his hands. He didn't notice that this was the one shadowed part of the giant walkway of solar panels that Sunnyshore City was known for. The dangerous part of the way home. He wasn't expecting what was going to happen next. Sadly, fate turned its hand and the next thing Nicholas knew, his face was smashed against a solar panel, and his book was somewhere beneath him, probably bent and bruised.

Nicholas lay there for a moment, his eyes watering. Then he got up and wiped his eyes clean, telling himself he hadn't liked the book much anyway. Besides, it was the last day of school, and tomorrow would be the first day of summer. Tonight he could curl up on the bean bag in the corner of his room, get some weak, milky, coffee and read to his hearts content. Then Nicholas put on a scowl, adjusted the heavy backpack he wore and trudged down the path in an irritable way. One might even hear his voice, slightly grumbling, "The stupid watch stopped from a simple fall. It wasn't even that bad..."

Nicholas sharply inhaled as he dabbed his scrapes with disinfectant. He was in the dining room and a bottle of disinfectant and a mug a milky brown coffee was sitting on the formal square dining room table. Nicholas had turned the chair around so that his elbow was in the light of the lamp and he was using a small, folded, napkin to dab the disinfectant on his scrape. His jeans had been replaced with red, cotton, pajama pants, but he was still wearing his green polo shirt.

Soon afterwards, Nicholas had put away the bottle, thrown the napkin away, and had three books with the coffee perched on top of the in his room. The small, enclosed, space had a little corner with a bean bag, a wall with a giant bookcase bursting at the seams with books, and a bed that had neatly made, navy blue covers and pillows with red pillow cases. Nicholas stopped at the door of his room, saying the same thing he always said, "I should get a bigger room, and my mother should be here to make me coffee, but no!" He leered at the room in general and then resigned himself to his books, his entire being focused on what he was reading.

Yet again he felt it. That burning desire to do something for someone else and to be happy and laugh at the littlest thing. Then his mother walked in, saying "I have a surprise for you in the morning." The trance was broken, and Nicholas lost the sensation he felt when he was reading about people in the stories, and their amazing ability to overcome the bad and to be good.

Nicholas blearily walked out of his room, his hair sticking up into the air. His eyes were half closed, Nicholas was grumbling about the starlys and pidgeys being unable to sing at a respectful time. They actually sounded quite annoying. Nicholas quietly made a bowl of Steelix Crunch, loudly spooning the breakfast cereal into his mouth. Suddenly his mother walked in, dressed conservatively for her job. "This is for you, my little angel," she crooned, setting a plain white letter on the table before walking to the door. Nicholas grunted in reply, and sat for a few minutes to listen as the cheap, used, car his mother drove started up. The letter sat there innocently, and Nicholas felt his curiosity take over.

Nicholas quickly found the letter opener, and sheared the white letter open. It was addressed formally to Nicholas Lorren, and there was a single piece of paper inside. In neat print it read,

Dear Nicholas Lorren,

You have been randomly selected to partake in a government run High School, to improve the over all civilization in the future. This school, called Hope High School (or HHS) is secluded from the world's current political situation, and you are to be admitted into the school. If you wish to enroll, then please travel to Snowpoint City by the next school year, and take a specially arranged train to HHS. This letter will act as your boarding pass. We will handle transfer from your current school, and will provide you with a pokemon at the school gates if one is not already in your possession.

Sincerely,

Your Hard Working Government

Nicholas displayed his signature scowl, silently thinking to himself, if I'm that important, don't I deserve a fancier letter. But, he never thought once when he got on the train to Snowpoint City, where he would then take a train to this Hope High School.

Hold the applause!

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    TAGP (not going to write out the whole thing, GhostPrincess :P): *blinks* o.o'
    Uhm, I really like it... Just make sure to keep the violence and bloodlust at PG-15... But other than that, I can't wait to see how your character goes~ (oh, and the choice of math is between the four cores... Unless she's talking advanced Calc or AP Stats or something like that...)

Do not worry Mira o; I only made her history so bloody because of the history.

I'll keep all the gory and stuffz I'll keep it to a pg-15 level (and not go totally shion)

And I'm thinking Alyssa is probably Sophmore year and wear i'm from that usualyl means gemoetry as a math course o;

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Okay, just making sure ^.^

Well, I just set up the math courses as they are so that people could be in more classes together...

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
    Years
    Should I stand amid the breakers?

Jailbait? Hardly. >P As Diego and GP were fully aware, I plucked Siren out of an existing RP. I just put so much detail into her, and saw so much potential for her personality to evolve into lust, that I had to use her. So the latter half of the personality and the history were written exclusively for this Roleplay. So the age was meant to be a tad bit higher, not that it would matter in regards to her trait; I just want her to be closer in age to the others.

As for suggestiveness, i'll try to keep it PG15, and not go off on a sex tangent worthy of making a trashy novel. Any description won't involve any genitals; promise. :P

Also, when does this begin? I probably won't be on all weekend, but will check back up on Sunday night. <3Ciao.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Yay, I was accepted~ Lol, as soon as I started typing, my fingers moved like crazy and it was like the whole bio wrote itself without me even thinking about it. It's been a long time since I've written, and my skills had gone extremely rusty, but it seems like this RP brought them back! ^__^ Yay...can't wait to start. XD

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    ok, scratch my last post, i have finished my SU.
    And I agreee woth the others, it would be best to start on the train.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    ^I agree with previous statement. It would make a nice beginning, and everyone could meet each other and stuff.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    Gah, got some editing to do :P
    So, pretty much, everyone that's still here and signed up is accepted, right? xD
    I've read through the bios already. Good job everyone :D I'm really liking the mix of Inner Demons, this will be fun.

For Miranda's bio, I have to say the same thing happened to me, from what Mira said. xD It's sixteen now, though, so, ok :P And Tiff, that was bat-sh** crazy x) Any bio that depicts the opening of a Meowth is welcome.
    Eveelution, Ichiro, and Neiko Star are in. And Eletj, you're doin' very good. Nice font, too. But... You know, I'm not the guy to run to when it comes to mythology, but wasn't Artemis a chick? xD Apollos twin sister, no?

Hm, were quite a few already. I suppose we should be starting the RP shortly?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    xD No we didn't, eeveelution.

On a side note, I'm thinking of changing my character's Pokemon, but I'm really bad at taking decisions and stuff (my negative trait?), so anyone have any suggestions that would match my charrie?

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (OOC: Sorry, guys. It'll be kind of difficult to track down specific details in my SU as it's really all over the place... >.>')

Name: Elizabeth Serene Lake

Appearance: Elizabeth isn't somebody you'd see as an... intimidating person. Standing an unimpressive 5'5" in height and having a rather slender figure, she's probably the last person you'd expect to pull a knife on you, though finding the switchblade that she always carries in her pocket would inform you otherwise. Her face is heart-shaped and features soft, automatically giving others a false assumption of her disposition that is only hinted to be false by her ice-blue eyes and starkly black hair with red stripes. Genetics have left Elizabeth with pale skin that doesn't easily tan, but she spends so much time in the sun during the summer that maintaining a sun-kissed skin tone isn't a difficult task for her, which is yet another difference between her and her family members that she is more than happy to cultivate. She has no birth marks, freckles or acne (one of the few things she doesn't complain about inheriting), though a large, dark purple C-shaped scar is prominently displayed in her left calf, which she keeps hidden beneath her typical baggy jeans. In the way of footwear, Elizabeth has resorted to the classic black steel-toed boots. She wears a short, sleeveless (not strapless) red dress with a thick leather belt around her waist where a metal clasp has been set in the side in order to hold her PokeBall. Over this, Elizabeth typically dons a black zip-up hoodie that's become somewhat frayed at the sleeves from use. She carries everything she needs at hand in a shoulder bag made out of various colors of thread. The only sign of her family's wealth whatsoever that she displays rests around her neck in the form of a small heart-shaped ruby pendant on a silver chain. All of these layers of clothing make her appear even more slight in stature than she truly is, hiding the muscles on her arms and legs that have been toned through years of various forms of training she has put herself through.

Personality: One major aspect of Elizabeth's personality is that she is a very contradictory person, and she does absolutely nothing to hide that fact and almost seems to flaunt it at times. If she is told to do something, she will often go out of her way to do the exact opposite if she for some reason or another doesn't think this person is important enough to be telling her to do much of anything or simply feels like not doing whatever that task was. In fact, many of the everyday choices she makes revolve completely around trying to go against everything her family expects of her to do, though that is a whole other story. Elizabeth is also a rather brave person by nature, throwing caution to the wind if it means gaining something she desires or protecting someone she cares about and seldom thinking her actions through in those situations. She is a rather sarcastic young girl and tends to be harsh and tactless when she speaks, though she will occasionally make an effort to be nice to a particular person in some situations if she has something to gain from it or for some strange reason actually cares about said person's feelings. It's not that Elizabeth is a mean person (though her actions may say the contrary) so much as she hasn't learned how to interact with other people in a positive manner consistently, or she is oblivious. She is rather intelligent, however, and is ahead a year in math, though even then she is bored out of her wits and doesn't always do the assignments, preferring to utilize her abilities for something she sees to be more practical, such as planning her next action against her current enemy (or friend, for that matter) or concocting some sort of prank that she would probably never go through with. She also has a short attention span, though, so chances are she would find herself thinking of such things whether she tried to work or not. Elizabeth dislikes having to sit still for long periods of time and will quickly become jittery with unused energy when forced to do so, needing to go out and run or do training of some sort every few hours to keep her sanity unless she is utterly exhausted. Elizabeth is very cautious around others if she's put into an uncomfortably new situation, constantly calculating the movements of anyone she sees as perhaps being a threat to her. The two things Elizabeth hates the most are being defenseless and being in the dark, and she adjusts all of her actions accordingly. There are really only a few things that gain Elizabeth's attention for a considerable amount of time: things that relate to battling, the status of the war, fighting techniques and anything that she knows her family wouldn't approve of. As stated before, Elizabeth invests a considerable amount of time and energy into working against her family's prim and proper legacy, though this isn't to say that she doesn't have her own set of morals. She would never dream of doing anything she sees as senseless that would be damaging to her body. After all, how can one defend herself if she has to stop and hack up a lung every seventeen feet? Now Elizabeth's temper... is a different thing entirely. There isn't a whole lot of logic or consistency behind the specific things that set her off, as her mood and the circumstances greatly influence how she interprets things around her, but it's best to try not to upset her. Elizabeth's judgment gets more than a little bit fuzzy when she gets angry, so there's really no telling whether she'll bite your head off in the figurative sense, or end up doing something more similar to the literal interpretation of that phrase. She really doesn't see a huge problem with her temper, figuring that it helped keep the people around her in line or further away from her. The more defense, the better, right?

History: Elizabeth was raised in one of the wealthiest, most prestigious neighborhoods reserved only for families of a similar standard in the Hoenn Region. The Lakes were a family of famous Coordinators, known for being able to turn any Pokemon into a marvel of grace and a delight to watch. Elizabeth's parents as well as her older sister, Kristen, had their own routine with one another, capturing the hearts of millions with not only the entertainment of a joint Coordinating show, but with the intriguing idea of having an entire family being involved in creating this amazing spectacle. The only problem with this little family show? Elizabeth was one Lake who refused to have anything to do with all things Coordinating. This became evident even when she was a small child and would fall asleep whenever forced to watch the family practice together. Her sister was immediately disgusted with Elizabeth and simply began to ignore her and move forward with her own career, but her parents hoped to convert their daughter, though Elizabeth had other plans. One of their neighbors, a ridiculously wealthy man with a house that properly displayed such wealth. When Elizabeth was seven years old, the man finally died, leaving everything he owned to his only son. Naturally their old neighbor's: a man in his mid-thirties who was a successful martial artist and had an impressive collection of fighting-type Pokemon with whom he trained often in his new yard. Elizabeth overheard her parents discussing how this freeloader was lowering real estate values and drawing in the "wrong crowd", not willing to realize that it was the region itself that was decaying. Elizabeth would pass many uneventful days watching the man and his Pokemon at work, though never daring to venture over because of her parents' disapproval. Elizabeth's parents had long since given up on turning her into the model Coordinator, leaving her at home when they went out for meetings with the press or other such occasions that they wouldn't force her to go along to. They left her with their prized Pokemon when they couldn't get a babysitter on time, of course, as they would never dream of leaving her home alone without protection. Unfortunately, such protection eventually proved to be much too little when the robber broke into the Lake household. As the Lake family lived in an area with an incredibly low crime rate due to the strict police force that roamed through the area and the relatively close vicinity between houses, which explains the relatively lax behavior Elizabeth's parents had as to the arrangement of her care for a few hours every so often. Well, the horror stories that some of her past babysitters told didn't really help the cause, either. But one night when Elizabeth's family went for an interview with the news station in response to some speculation about the originality of their routines, Elizabeth was eating her dinner when she heard the front door blow open and slam against the wall in the living room. She jumped to her feet, not completely comprehending what was going on, but realizing that something was seriously wrong. She smelled smoke and the fire alarm went off, the piercing chirp slicing through the air. She heard the bark and snarl of a dog as well as the shout of a man. Acting only on instinct and adrenaline, Elizabeth grabbed a large chopping knife from the kitchen table and hid behind a doorway. She listened helplessly as the man began to throw open the cabinets and knock items off the shelves in pursuit of finding something of value, not daring to breathe for fear of giving herself away. She heard one of her parents' Pokemon attempt to drive them away, only to flee after an explosion of fire. The man cleared the first few rooms within minutes and moved on, passing Elizabeth's hiding place and moving the door behind which she was crouched. Elizabeth had an instant to react and took full advantage of it, springing forward and attacking the robber, wrapping her arm around his neck and stabbing the knife into his shoulder. It was all a blur from there, but the man's Houndoom ended up sinking its teeth into Elizabeth's leg in order to pull her off of its master. She ended up lying on the floor bleeding and in terrible pain as the fire dog loomed over her, fire dripping from its jaws. It was only then that her neighbor appeared, his Lucario at his side, having reacted quickly to all the commotion. Elizabeth was already beginning to fade away as the Lucario easily tossed aside the Houndoom, sending the dog and its owner scampering away into the night with a few deliberate strikes and she fell unconscious almost immediately after. She awoke in the hospital with a seemingly infinite number of stitches in her leg. After being released, Elizabeth wasn't expected to be able to do much strenuous activity on account of her leg, but one of the first things she did was go over to her neighbor's house and ask for martial arts lessons. And so it went on from there: Elizabeth made a full recovery, she submerged herself in anything and everything that she could possibly do in order to better her ability to defend herself, and slowly but surely continued to grow more angry. At first she considered the robbery to be an isolated incident, but as she grew older, she realized just how rapidly humans were tearing themselves apart. She began to resent people for their weaknesses that were causing the war, not realizing just how firmly her own weakness had taken shape and would soon become her Inner Demon. She grew ever more distant from her family as she attempted to turn herself into a fighting machine, but it wasn't until her sister brought home an especially difficult Vulpix that Elizabeth discovered her true partner in crime. This Vulpix wasn't exactly what one would call very good at Contests, not seeming to grasp the concept of beauty over strength. Naturally, Elizabeth fell in love and took her in as her future Battling partner. When Elizabeth discovered that she had been invited to go to Hope High School, she jumped on the opportunity without a second thought, wishing not only for an excuse to remove herself from her family, but to hopefully maybe even find another human her age who would accept her for who she was.

Negative Trait: Anger

Power: Fire- the ability to create and manipulate flames and heat, though this ability starts out merely as the occasional flicker of any fire near her and the temperature increasing when she gets angry

Schedule:
    Homeroom
    1st period: Core 3 (a year ahead)
    2nd period: Spanish and Dead Languages
    Lunch
    4th period: Battling 101

Pokemon: Female Vulpix

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    It is true that Artemis is the twin sister of the greek god Apollo however, Artemis is also a male name, most notebly, Artemis Fowl, Eoin Colfers novel series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back