• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPad, the most over-rated thing since...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The only thing the ipad is better than is a ipod touch.(i love ipod touches)
    If a HUGE ipod touch appeals to you,the ipad is it, though your'e better of with a netbook or one of those funky fujitsu laptops with a rotating screen.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • This thing is still active?? I'm tired fromr eading the posts lol. Anyway, I don't mind getting one as I mentioned earlier, since it has Multi-tasking now(or soon). But I want a Mac, but is there one with a touch-screen? I want a HP Slate... I wanna do digital art without scanning. I'm tired.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I tried one at the campus store yesterday, and I detected nothing special. It's basically an oversized Touch or a neutered Netbook (both of which are hundreds of dollars cheaper).

I'll keep my portability or real keyboard and exponential level of usefulness, thanks.

Now, if it had Photoshop, that would be a different story.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • It's a tablet, which is basically a compromise between the stuff you mentioned. It actually does have considerable multi task abilities. It's kind of like a flat computer that is worked with applications for really easy access.

The software has no resemblance to that of any computer operating system I can think of. It's completely proprietary. I don't see anything worthy of calling this toy a computer.

Pokemafia

no no no no, the ipad is brilliant, believe me! It is easier to use and better than my pc and is so cool to play mega hd games on!

Dawn

Years
  • no no no no, the ipad is brilliant, believe me! It is easier to use and better than my pc and is so cool to play mega hd games on!

...HD games require a 22 inch screen, something I promise you the iPad does not have.

By easy to use, you mean crippled to the point where the only things you can do are very simple.

Zet

Years
  • no no no no, the ipad is brilliant, believe me! It is easier to use and better than my pc and is so cool to play mega hd games on!

yeah it's a shame that a lot of apps are going to die soon when Jobs kills every connection to flash and adobe. So so much for "mega HD" gaming.... but HD gaming on an iproduct is silly.

Pokemafia

....Well they sure look as good as HD Games, so I'm gonna class them as being hd, ad yeah I'm pretty annoyed of no flash support,There are other,methods, of getting flash on the ipad, so I'm alright for it.

Dawn

Years
  • With Apple you know they're going to do this stuff. The next model will be slightly better than the current one with a lot of space, so you just wait for that one.

Fixed. Apple is worse. =/ I'm sorry but they are WAY worse. Expecting it doesn't make it better.

The DS lite was a lousy upgrade. HOWEVER, after being a skeptic about the DSi, getting a DSi, and trying a DSi. I have concluded that the DSi is a large jump from DS lite.

DS phat to DSi would not have been complained about is the funny thing. The DS lite is the thing that makes it look like they're releasing it too soon. It had nothing really worth upgrading.

The DSi however has a LOT worth upgrading. Big difference. I think we should be supporting Nintendo after their SUCCESS with the DSi. They did the upgrade to the DSi right. It was the lite they did wrong.

The only thing hindering the DSi is that there are no games being made in the upgraded DSi format, which would allow, among other things, games to support the WAP/WAP2 encryption that the DS lite and below didn't.

It's really an under-appreciated system.

....Well they sure look as good as HD Games, so I'm gonna class them as being hd, ad yeah I'm pretty annoyed of no flash support,There are other,methods, of getting flash on the ipad, so I'm alright for it.

Allow me to show you Crysis sir, so that you are no longer fooled by such things.
    https://resources.vr-zone.com/Firefox/Radeon%20HD3000/Crysis_8800gt_new.png Warning, image is huge, so I just used a regular link. THIS is HD. Look to the left of... that weapon. You can see some rocks/coral/whatever that is through the water. Look to the right, at the forest. Do you see the HUGE, difference in a couple year old HD game and whatever you're playing? It's like, humongous.

Also, kicking Flash is going to come back to bite Apple. Android is taking full advantage.

Last edited:
    Back