• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon Anime Ruined

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Worst than the original? In terms of writing and plot I find DP and XY so much better myself Battles are better too

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    DP wasn't any better then the Original series, but the XY anime has been perfect.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • In comparison to some of the newer series in regards to the battles in particular, I'd definitely say it's improved in general from the original series. However, I'll always hold the view that the DP Saga was the last really great series. The battles were dynamic, the tactics were logical and the explanation of these tactics was well weaved throughout the dialogue and battle scenes; not choppily inserted like in BW. BW was atrocious. I do have to say though, XY has picked up the anime.

The storyline in general for pretty much every series has always been kind of lame and repetitive, but that's not as annoying as the dip in quality of the battle scenes in series such as BW.

Back