• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Islands of the Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Alaina practically leapt off the ship. She wanted to get as far away from the mist as possible. But, that's when she realized that the mist was covering the island as well, and there seemed to be no one around. She was quite worried.

Years
    I got out a device, and tested the air quality... I noticed that there were several sleeping gases in the air, and when I checked them on my computer, I found that they only worked once.. "odd.. I can say one thing, this mist isn't natural, that's for sure."

Years
    I let Flareon come out, hoping that she would offer support, and maybe defence ... if needed. I decided not to think about that, for the very thought of something attacking us brought a shiver up my spine. Although I tried not to think about it, the thought was now lodged in my head. I was turning at every noise, and knew that I looked like a parnoid freak, but I couldn't care less. After all, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Years
    I saw that it seemed thicker closer to the ground, and placed the tester at that level. a let light on it blinked, and I checked the results. "Whatever you do, don't fall. the layer of air near the ground is filled with carbon Monoxide, more than enough to kill a human. get that Flareon off the ground, unless you want it to be poisoned to death." I said. I was feeling slightly woosy from the gas, but I knew that of all points to go unconcous, now was not the time..

Years
    I grabbed Flareon quicky and hugged her to my chest. "So if I trip, thats the end of me..." I asked in a panic. It was horryfing for me, after all, I wasn't exactly the most graceful person in the world, and if I fell, my favorite Flareon would go with me...

Years
    "if you can get back up withen about 3 seconds, you'll only feel exausted and dizzy, but any more than that, and you're as good as dead unless I get you out of the gas layer in 10 seconds. past that, and it's way too late." I said. darkness was starting to creep into my vision, but I knew I couldn't afford to be knocked out now...

Years
    "Oh god..." I said, leaning up against a tree to stedy the swirling ground beneith me. It was all too much for me, but I decided that I might as well go on, for the good of me and all other people.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    Name: Lynette Hemmings
    Pokemon: Pichu (Pax), Dratini (Solina), Pidgeotto (Pidga), and a Butterfree (Moondust)
    Appearance: Curly blonde hair pulled half way up, white t-shirt with blue waves on the edges of the sleaves and collar and blue jeans, a black pokeball strap with two pokeballs on it, and wears a thin, gold necklace with a flat, gold pendant.

Years
    "If we can get to higher ground, we can afford to lose concousness, unless we get attacked while we're knocked out, but I don't think that's likley" I said moving toward her, "If you need to, lean on me, I can support both of us." I said calmly...

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    Lynette heard a mans voice on the ground, fading in the distance as she stood, confused and light headed on the ship. Confused to why this mist was here and, why she'd blacked out momentarily in her room only moments ago, she was unsure wither to leave the ship or stay. A Pichu with a colorful bead bracelet on her right ear muttered something in an unsettled tone, looking out at the mist with fearful eyes. Solina, her dratini, rocked a little in her arms, as though having a hard time staying awake. Lynette suddenly realized that it must have been the mist that had effected her...and was now starting to effect her pokemon! Fearful, she , put her pokemon on her shoulder, noticing a definite change in her movements as the pokemon's eyes refocused, the glossiness leaving it's eyes.

"This is ridiculous," she mummured to herself as uncertainty filled her whole being as she stared at Valencia Island with dread. "The Captain is crazy if he thinks that this is just a normal mist."

As she said it, she could tell from the other trainers and pokemon on board that the mist was affecting them the same way as it had affected her.

"This is no ordinary mist," she said in an awful, calm voice, completely opposite of what she was feeling.

Years
    I brought out Flygon, and without a word, put the girl and her Flareon on Flygon's back. "Flygon, get these two high into the air" I hissed under my breath.. with a couple flaps, Flygon had flown above the gas layer. I knew she would be safe up there, but the story had changed for me... the flapping of Flygon's wings had mixed the air, making the poisonous fumes to my head level. covering my mouth and nose, I dashed out of the vicinity, until I got out of the mixed air... the sleeping gas nearly had me down, and I knew I was dead if I fell..

Years
    I was confused about why she was doing this, but I figured she knew what she was doing. The Flygon's movements became more steady, and graceful as we got higher and further away. The Flygon flew me to the top of a mountain. The Pokemon struggled against my hold on it, wanting to get back to its trainer.

"Your going to have to stay up here ... for now anyways. Taking off hurt her enough, so coming back down might cause more harm then good," I said in a shaky voice.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    Lynette gasped as a thick cloud of mist suddenly billowed towards the ship, the cause soon becoming clear as a flygon soared above the mist, than disappeared from view.

"We need to leave," she muttered to my pokemon as I made my way to the game plank, but a crew member stopped her.

"Halt!" he said as he blocked my way. "No one is allowed to leave the ship without the captain's consent!

"What?!" she exclaimed, trying to get past the annoying sailor, but it was no use. "We've got to get down there! I was supposed to meet a good friend of mine here. If he's in the mist, I've got to find him!"

Years
    So long as she was safe, I didn't really care.. I heard an odd hissing sound that I immediatly identified as a volcanic vent. that explained where the poison layer came from.. I noticed the closer to the center of the island I got, the thicker the mist became...So whatever is making this mist is at or near the center of the island I thought.. before I managed to take off, noticed a human form in the mist... the next few moments were a blur, but I knew I had been kidnapped...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back