• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Isshu Daycare?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Hey I know a ton of people dont use it,except for breeding, but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to improve it?

I was thinkin you could set up an account with the day care people, and you can choose if pokemon you raise their learn moves or not, and if they could evolve or not, and maybe you could raise up to 4pokemon at a time that way breeding goes alot faster, and you dont have to worry about losing Egg Moves :D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I want to actually be able to go up to my Pokemon instead of being locked out from them in every other game. It isn't entirely useful but I'd just like that bit of freedom.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You should be able to store more Pokemon, but in separate rooms.

thats way i was thinkin with 4 pokemon or more :)

I want to actually be able to go up to my Pokemon instead of being locked out from them in every other game. It isn't entirely useful but I'd just like that bit of freedom.

that would be awesome :D

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i would love it if they could do something about pokemon learning new moves in the daycare. its a pain when you are trying to breed egg moves and the forget the move you want passed down. maybe just make it that you can choose if you want them to learn new moves or not.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • If they have some sort of phone function like in Johto, the day care people should call you if your Pokemon is about to learn a new move.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • I want to actually be able to go up to my Pokemon instead of being locked out from them in every other game. It isn't entirely useful but I'd just like that bit of freedom.

they had that in the original gold and silver games.
    i was a little depressed when they took that away in HG/SS.
    And they should bring it back for B/W

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • If they have some sort of phone function like in Johto, the day care people should call you if your Pokemon is about to learn a new move.
    This.

Like a few people have mentioned already, it would be nice if they could implement a system where you could store more Pokémon in separate rooms. With this, breeding Pokémon would be a bit more efficient and faster for the breeders out there.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • They could have a phone system, or more simply, when you turn them in you can lock certian moves to not be deleted. I also think it would be cool if your pokemon could interact with other pokemon in the daycare. So random pokemon would be placed in the daycare with your pokemon, and if compatable, they will breed, or teach your pokemon a new move (but they could be placed in there own room for breeding.)

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • My idea is that you can choose to "concentrate"on a specified move. Rather than learning moves, you just level up and after going up so many levels( e.g. 10 levels) the attack's base power gets stronger by however many points, but there would have to be a limitation of some sort to stop people spamming it and getting moves with a base power of 999.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
  • What would really be nice would be if you could access your PC boxes /while/ talking to the Daycare Lady, so when she asked you which Pokemon you wanted to store, you could go through your PC instead of having to put that Pokemon in your party, then re-withdrawing your original Pokemon. It would be so much more convenient. :3

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • What solastalgia said would be unbelievably good.

They could have some tutor moves that are like level-up moves, but are only taught when they are in the Day Care. It would make it have more good uses then just breeding.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    What would really be nice would be if you could access your PC boxes /while/ talking to the Daycare Lady, so when she asked you which Pokemon you wanted to store, you could go through your PC instead of having to put that Pokemon in your party, then re-withdrawing your original Pokemon. It would be so much more convenient. :3
    For everything holy, this. It didn't cross my mind when I first read the thread, but now that you mention it, I would love to see this. Nothing makes me drag myself to the Daycare to get my Pokemon back more than this. It's way too tedious, the system that they have now.

And I also agree that I'd like to see the return of going out to your Pokemon in the fields. They're your Pokemon, and you shouldn't be kept away from them.

Plus being able to add more than two, without the fear of unwanted eggs. It would make my task of completing the Pokedex if I could breed for baby Pokemon and have the Daycare raise another Pokemon that I just want leveled while I raise/EV train other Pokemon.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I love the ideas listed above.
    But, just one more thing:

HOW ABOUT THEY STOP PRETENDING LIKE THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOUR EGGS ARE COMING FROM. :D

That would be less annoying.
    I already know my Pokemon are getting jiggy with it.

I'm not saying tell me that my Pokemon are doing this everytime I pick up an egg, just stop lying to me. >.>"

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • What solstalgia said is probably the best idea so far...

Actually, it'd be cool if, in the main storyline, the bad team would have control over the DayCare Center, so they'd be actually stealing your Pokémon and you would have to enter the door where the "DayCare lady(which is actually a Commander in disguise)" is and you get to see a great room with tons of power-draining, cloning and stealing machines with tons of Pokémon in them; then you'll have to fight the grunts there just to discover that it's a little part of what the bad team is up to.

I'd love it if the Move Relearner would be in the DayCare Center. It'd make things easier. A phone system like the one mentioned above would be useful too.

Back