• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

allBlue

legendary cake lover
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    English for me, I want to enjoy every bit of this game, including dialogues and storyline :)

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I'm going to suffer and wait it out for the English version - good things come to those who wait right?

Also, gives me more time to decide on what starter I'll be picking x3

azuta

The Natural Trainer
    Years
  • English I wanna absorb in as much of the game as possible without having to stop and translate every verse of it. Much more enjoyable when its fluid and you have nothing to slow you down ^^

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Because I don't understand Japanese, not to mention I'm against importing (though I've got some imported games), chances are I'll probably buy Black / White when it's localized over in the UK.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Luckily I have a cousin in the Air Force stationed in Japan right now, so more than likely he will be able to pick up both copies in Japan and just ship em to me. I love having a family member stationed in Japan.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Luckily I have a cousin in the Air Force stationed in Japan right now, so more than likely he will be able to pick up both copies in Japan and just ship em to me. I love having a family member stationed in Japan.

Just remember that the DSi and DSiXL are region locked.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Yeah, that's my problem with the DSis -- region-locking sucks. It's basically a step backwards. <_< It's especially dumb because the DS and DS Lite aren't, but... I digress.

I've already pre-ordered my Japanese copy of White. =) I can read Japanese well enough to play with relative ease, so I'm pretty psyched. I'll probably buy Black in English so I can own both versions and so I can play through in my native language, which is more fun.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Just remember that the DSi and DSiXL are region locked.
    DSi never really got my attention, I already have an Original and DS lite so I see no need for me to get another DS especially if Region Locking comes into play. So thankfully I won't have to worry about that when I get B & W. I might get the English releases as well since there are some Wifi events that I really wanted but missed out on because they were only limited to Japanese copies of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HG, & SS.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I don't get what you can spoil? *Spoilers* You beat the elite four, your rival, a criminal organization and become the pokemon champion.

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
  • Oh isn't that simple?
    1. Somehow (*cough*) obtain a download version of PKMN Black.
    2. Play it, and wait for a fanmade english patch.
    (Yaymii's patch for Japanese HG/SS was pretty good)
    3. .....
    4. PROFIT!
    5. Then buy legal English Black Version to avoid probelms with copyright.
    *insert trollface*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've already pre-ordered my Japanese copy of White. =) I can read Japanese well enough to play with relative ease, so I'm pretty psyched. I'll probably buy Black in English so I can own both versions and so I can play through in my native language, which is more fun.
    Just flip Black and White each time and you've got my answer. xD

I know I already posted in this thread but that was back in June and I hadn't decided yet. But I placed my preorder for the Japanese Black version a few days ago because I realized I had the extra money aaaand that kanji feature definitely sealed the deal. :)

The Red Chain

I'll be pre-ordering a Japanese White version here within the next couple weeks.
    I've always wanted a Japanese version of a Pokemon game for the Japanese characters in Pokemon names when you transfer them. :D I'm not very fluent in Japanese yet, but I know it well enough to get through the game okay.

I hate region-locking.. I hope there isn't too much that will be missed out for not having a Japanese DSi. :/

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'll be buying the English versions. I just don't understand enough Japanese to justify importing.

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    English.

Japanese: Cant understand,pointless, Storyline is not understandable, Ruins the game, Even with a translation it wouldn't be accurate and would just be stupid in my opinion.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    So far B/W preorders are dominating japanese chart, I can easily predict 2million launch week in Japan alone.

Back