• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jurassic Land - Prehistoric Pokemon Club

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    There is the whole disease theory, where a single disease wiped out a huge mass of land creatures, ocean dwellers, and plant life. I find that pretty hard to believe. I think the Volcanic Theory is pretty reasonable, though.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • What's your favorite of all the pokemon
    Rotom, Typhlosion and Glalie
    How do you think thr Dinosaurs died out?
    They were too old and had several health problems.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    How do you think the Dinosaurs died out?
    I think its because of the meteors. Though, its still a mystery. :/

Years
  • Yams said:
    I'm going to be unoriginal and say that a Meteor hit the earth, making dust/ash go into the sky and block out the sun, effectively destroying the food chain.

How do you think the Dinosaurs died out?
    I agree with Yams answer, because that's what most scientists seem to agree on [well, at least the ones on Discovery Channel!!]. Another theory is that the earth's orbit changed, causing the climate to cool rapidly [Ice Age], which killed off the species that couldn't survive in that kind of enviroment.

Years
  • poopnoodle said:
    Yams hasn't asked any questions in awhile... ;3;
    Well, I guess I'll have to come up with a question since our leader is absent! =]

New Topic: Do you think scientists will ever be able to 'bring back' any prehistoric creatures?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    New Topic: Do you think scientists will ever be able to 'bring back' any prehistoric creatures?

They would have to find dinosaur DNA for cloning to be possible, I'd be shocked if they found DNA that has survived for 65 million years. That would certainly be interesting, though.

Years
  • poopnoodle said:
    They would have to find dinosaur DNA for cloning to be possible, I'd be shocked if they found DNA that has survived for 65 million years. That would certainly be interesting, though.
    They don't have dinosaur DNA that I know of, but they do have woolly mammoth DNA! Some scientists are trying to resurrect the species by mapping the mammoth's genome and then using an elephant as a surrogate mother.

Click Here for Info!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    They don't have dinosaur DNA that I know of, but they do have woolly mammoth DNA! Some scientists are trying to resurrect the species by mapping the mammoth's genome and then using an elephant as a surrogate mother.

Awesome to see they found preserved DNA, I didn't read the whole article (lazy) but hopefully it's intact. I'd love to see the result of this. ^3^

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
  • New Topic: Do you think scientists will ever be able to 'bring back' any prehistoric creatures?

Yes and No, Yes one day they might find a way to bring back dinosaurs. No i dont want them to bring dinosaurs back to life.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013

Well, I guess I'll have to come up with a question since our leader is absent! =]

Sorry about that, school and homework take up a lot of my time.

I think they may be able to bring back prehistoric animals, but I don't think they should, I feel like something bad would happen.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    New Topic: Have you ever collected fossils? And in what ways were you interested by prehistoric animals when you were younger?
    Suggested by poopnoodle

I myself have never collected fossils, I was never a collector. I remember always going to museums, and I would love going to the dinosaur exhibit the most.

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
  • New Topic: Have you ever collected fossils? And in what ways were you interested by prehistoric animals when you were younger?

I did use to dig bones from my backyard but then i found out they were dead animal bones that my dad buried in the dirt :( it was fun at the time though

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    New Topic: Have you ever collected fossils? And in what ways were you interested by prehistoric animals when you were younger?
    :3 Indeed I have. My dad found a rather large ammonite fossil when I was little and gave it to me, which is what initially sparked my interest in prehistoric animals.

Years
  • Have you ever collected fossils? And in what ways were you interested by prehistoric animals when you were younger?
    No. I've never collected fossils, but I think it would be really cool to do!!
    I watched 'The Land Before Time' movies ALL the time as a kid, so I went through a complete dinosaur craze for months!! =D

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I used to watch those movies all the time also, it may have been what sparked my interest as a kid.

I'll be creating a vote system for anything that may be added.

First Vote: Should we create a Social Group for this?
    It may be useful for the group, but on the other hand I have seen other social groups being created without any activity. So do you think it is a good thing to do, or a waste of time?

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
  • First Vote: Should we create a Social Group for this?

i think we should have a social group if you did create one i would join it and post stuff regularly

And in what ways were you interested by prehistoric animals when you were younger?

when i was little i played a video game and there was a dinosaur lvl and i think thats what got me in dinosaurs

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Why do you want to join?: It Looks Fun
    How active will you be?: I'll try to be here everyday,if not every other day because of school
    Partner Pokémon: Cradily
    Partners Nickname [Optional]: Evil Moss
    Password Prehistoric

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Why do i wanna join? Cause i really like mamoswine and dinos and Fossils
    How active will u be? Nearly every Day unless i have school work
    Patner: Mamoswine
    Nickname:
    PAssword: Prehistoric ( im not a good speller i spelt it wrong thats why i compied and pasted and had to edit)

Back