• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Justice For Caylee" - The Casey Anthony Trial

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Though I really think she should have been hit with some sort of child neglect/abuse charge. Nevermind that she should have reported her child missing same-day, how do you go a month without telling anyone your child is missing (assuming that's all it was <_<) and get off scott-free for it?
    That and the idea that the child died, uh, "accidentally", needs further investigation. With careful parenting a child should not die from unnatural causes. This on top of the fact that she failed to report the death immediately, as you said, is imo far too questionable to go ignored.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    As much as I hate that she didn't get a guilty verdict, I feel like the jury should be cut some slack. If you were given a bunch of evidence and told that you need to make a life or death decision for someone and if you were off even a little you could possibly be giving an innocent person a life sentence or the death penalty. Not that I think she's innocent, but that's a lot on someones shoulders.

Overall, this case has been really sad. I hate that she had her life ended so quickly and maybe one day she will get her justice.

Years
    Not guilty. Wow, totally unexpected imo. I disagree with this so much, kind of disgusted actually.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Personally I don't think there was enough evidence to call her guilty.

I'm not saying whether she was guilty or she wasn't, but I think the jury made the right choice. You can't sentence her to death without good evidence. Doesn't matter if you THINK she guilty or not. Show me the receipts.
    No cause, No time, and no hard evidence otherwise...

From what I've seen, it's likely they could get her on either abandonment or negligence, so I guess we'll have to settle for that. Sick.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Actually what if the verdict is right? All I know is that it's better this way because a death sentence will cause a whole other drama.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Actually what if the verdict is right? All I know is that it's better this way because a death sentence will cause a whole other drama.
    If the death sentence was the problem, then don't convict her of Murder 1. She could have at least got the child abuse one.

The state overcharged her though. Manslaughter and neglect she could have been found on for sure

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
    HOW DO I KEEP MISSING THREADS GHJHGVGHJKJBHGKCUTCUYGVGHICYDJ
    I am still mixed on whether she was killed by her mom... But I do think that LYING SHOULD BE MORE PUNISHABLE. Therefor-OBAMA GO TO JAIL
    XD
    But yea, they undercharged her, but they were right to not give death.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    As much as I hate the verdict (and I really, really hate the verdict) no one did prove she was the murderer. And you know what? We're probably never going to know. I'm almost positive there are things that family did not say on the stand, and I'm sure others feel the same way. While I don't know for sure, all I can say is that even if Casey isn't the murderer, she did have a part in this. That's the obvious statement, and I don't think anyone can deny she had something to do with it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    As much as I hate the verdict (and I really, really hate the verdict) no one did prove she was the murderer.
    But you can find people guilty based on circumstantial evidence. They did with Scott Peterson.

Not reporting her missing for a month (and even then, she still didn't report it, her mom did), clearly happy her child was gone because she went out partying, looking up chloroform and neck breaking on the Internet, blaming her dad, blaming her brother, blaming the nonexistent nanny named Zanny, chloroform found in her car, "death smell" in her car.

She could have been found on something, anything other than lying.

Even if her story was true about her drowning... wouldn't that be neglect?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

But you can find people guilty based on circumstantial evidence. They did with Scott Peterson.

Not reporting her missing for a month (and even then, she still didn't report it, her mom did), clearly happy her child was gone because she went out partying, looking up chloroform and neck breaking on the Internet, blaming her dad, blaming her brother, blaming the nonexistent nanny named Zanny, chloroform found in her car, "death smell" in her car.

I agree completely. In my mind, I still find her guilty. No jury or official ruling will cut it for me in saying that she's not. Unfortunately though, the prosecution was just weak and didn't present itself the way it should, and the defense just poked right through it. There were even bugs in the car that only appear when decomposition is present. And wasn't there a time when she had to get something out of the trunk, and her boyfriend offered to get it, but she wouldn't let him do so? And she told him to stay in the car? Ahem!

The accidental drowning case is just ridiculous. Never bought that for a second.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years

True... But there is still no proof. I think that she shoula been guilty everywhere but the first degree murder.

Years

In no way, shape or form was this the right verdict. A guily verdict doesn't necessarily equate the death sentence. yet, Murder 1 is eligible for Capital punishment. So what happened to Caylee then? Then kid just up and walked away? Our justice system disgusts me, once again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    The jury was surely sequestered. Had they had access to the media they would have seen through the act.

Years
    Sorry there LiveWire. What I mean to say was that in regards to the celebration comment; they have every right to do so. If I were on the defense, I would be jumpin' for joy. Especially after putting my heart and soul into a case for many years and it payed off.

But what makes this even more touching to the heart was that when the main defense attorney said "now when my kids ask me 'dad, what did you do today?' I'll say... I just saved a life". I felt so happy for them and their client. She kinda made me cry :[

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    But what makes this even more touching to the heart was that when the main defense attorney said "now when my kids ask me 'dad, what did you do today?' I'll say... I just saved a life". I felt so happy for them and their client. She kinda made me cry :[
    Until she goes and gets pregnant again and decides she no longer wants that one too...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If she had some much love for kids why was she out partying for a month before the police were even informed? Or how Caylee body end up in a swampy area which last I checked wasn't a swimming pool which apparently the "accident" took place. Oh that's right she was with her made up nanny -_-.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    My sister said that is it was murder, why's she but a heart n the duct tape? it might have been the accident and she really missed her daughter. Seeing as she's sane, that might be what happened.

Is it true that she was put in a cell with someone who's daughter drowned and then changed her story accordingly?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think that she loves kids. Everyone says that she adored the one she had. But then a accident occurred that snowballed out of control.

You buy that bull crap? Honestly, what kind of person lets an accident slip into that? Who tries to cover it up making it look like homicide? If my child accidentally drowned, the last thing I'm going to do is put duct tape on his/her mouth, put her in a bag in my trunk, etc. I wouldn't try to cover it up like a homicide, else you get this situation, hence why the whole "accidental drowning" stuff the defense claimed happened is just utter and complete bull. You just directly quoted them too.

And if she loves kids, well, Kenshin5 beat me to the punch here. Why go out and party after your child's death? Why wait a month to report her missing, when she's not really missing? And it was Casey's mother that reported her missing, not Casey herself. You've pretty much let that drowning claim brainwash you. I don't know anyone that believes it. You're honestly the first.

Until she goes and gets pregnant again and decides she no longer wants that one too...

She doesn't deserve the title of "mother."

Back