• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I too hope they give us the choice of choosing one Kanto starter for the lease. Something like how they did it in Emerald.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The league I'm fine with in Kanto, but the Battle Frontier not so much as we've had it already in Platinum. Oriange Islands however is another story.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I think requesting the Sevii Islands is going a little too far, and asking for even more islands is pushing the limit. That would almost be like a triple region game.

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
  • I want more Misty.
    Just not at the cape with that guy again (for those that remember)
    >.>;;

I'd rather not have another battle frontier. Personally, I find them boring. :/

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • - More references to the manga characters other than just Red and Green (stated before)
    As much as I love PokeSpe, I don't think those are references to PokeSpe, they're more references to the game's Red & Green. They have different personalities than PokeSpe's Red & Green. They also look different. Red wears his hat backwards until the FR/LG arc and Green wears a cape/cloak. They have the same names as the PokeSpe characters because Nintendo named the playable characters after the versions until Ruby & Sapphire. The only possible PokeSpe reference I've seen in a game was when a Rocket said that Giovanni's kid had red hair, an obvious reference to Silver, although they may have had that planned at some point, much like Blue is based on a cut female trainer seen in Red & Blue concept art. Much like how the anime is a different entity to the game's, as is PokeSpe.

I want to go into the Safari Zone, since it was meant to be in the original games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Okay, this is what they should do: KEEP EVERYTHING THE SAME AS IT WAS

Doing anything else would just be retarded and defeat the purpose of a remake, and what it meant to play a second generation game.

Get Kanto starters? Stupid. The point of a starter is you START with them. You can't get anymore.

Re-open the Safari Zone? Stupid. The Safari Zone was one of the worst aspects of R/G/B/Y. Besides, they made it possible to get every Safari Zone-exclusive Pokemon through in-game or inter-player trade. Good enough for me.

Re-built Cinnabar Island? Stupid. The volcano blowing was a HUGE part of the storyline, and a great realization of what can really happen in three years.

Team Rocket in Kanto? Stupid. You kicked their ass in the first game and they LEFT. There's no reason to be there anymore. They have no power whatsoever, which is clearly evident in Johto: a bunch of people trying to pick up the pieces and return to their glory.

Giovanni? Smart, but only if done right. He should be a hermit in some mountain somewhere, meditating to find himself. A very conflicted man, but NOT the leader of Team Rocket. It was firmly established at the end of the first game that he was redeemed.

And finally, a different League. Utterly retarded beyond all belief. Get over it, it's not gonna happen.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Re-open the Safari Zone? Stupid. The Safari Zone was one of the worst aspects of R/G/B/Y. Besides, they made it possible to get every Safari Zone-exclusive Pokemon through in-game or inter-player trade. Good enough for me.
    The reason its wanted is because it was originally implemented. It was found, incomplete, in G/S's code.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I want more Misty.
    Just not at the cape with that guy again (for those that remember)
    I actually hope they expand on that little plot loop. Is it Red? Or some other guy. Its kinda the thing that will driver shippers nuts unless its explained.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    The reason its wanted is because it was originally implemented. It was found, incomplete, in G/S's code.
    I'm not stupid. I hack. First and second generation.

Just because it was considered, doesn't mean it would make the final cut. And as it turns out, it didn't. So it wasn't really necessary. It's like saying "But Prof. Oak was intended to be the Champion in gen 1!" Maybe, but that was removed. Gary, as your rival, made much more sense. Removing the Safari Zone made sense. Simple as that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay, this is what they should do: KEEP EVERYTHING THE SAME AS IT WAS

Doing anything else would just be retarded and defeat the purpose of a remake, and what it meant to play a second generation game.

- Okay, changing things in Kanto, wouldn't mess the game up as Kanto was pretty miuch a dead zone in the original GS games.

Get Kanto starters? Stupid. The point of a starter is you START with them. You can't get anymore.

- Why can't they allow us to get the starters? They did it in Emerald and it wasn't a terrible idea. Plus, for those who never got FRLG as yet, and cannot migrate them, getting a choice of the starters would be a good addition.

Re-open the Safari Zone? Stupid. The Safari Zone was one of the worst aspects of R/G/B/Y. Besides, they made it possible to get every Safari Zone-exclusive Pokemon through in-game or inter-player trade. Good enough for me.

- Like said, the Safari Zone was part of the original RBGY and therefore should be brought back. A lot of people were in dismay when they saw it closed, and having it back will bring in more sales for the game. In addition, it wouldn't mess anything up with the game and would be a perfect place to catch the newer Gen Pokémon as well.

Re-built Cinnabar Island? Stupid. The volcano blowing was a HUGE part of the storyline, and a great realization of what can really happen in three years.

- Fine

Team Rocket in Kanto? Stupid. You kicked their ass in the first game and they LEFT. There's no reason to be there anymore. They have no power whatsoever, which is clearly evident in Johto: a bunch of people trying to pick up the pieces and return to their glory.

- They can simply just do random criminal acts in the Kanto as well, I mean just to give the place some life.

Giovanni? Smart, but only if done right. He should be a hermit in some mountain somewhere, meditating to find himself. A very conflicted man, but NOT the leader of Team Rocket. It was firmly established at the end of the first game that he was redeemed.

- fine

And finally, a different League. Utterly retarded beyond all belief. Get over it, it's not gonna happen.

- Um, why not have a new league, unless you're too lazy for another challenge. Again, Kanto is its own region and deserves that Elite Four and Champion once more.

Everything I needed to say is in bold.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What is wrong with having the two regions having their won league though? Anyway, it wouldn't matter to me, I'm just at least hoping more over that Kanto is not as unlively as it was before. At least bring in some new features to the place and spruce it up to keep it interesting like the Johto would be.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    True, that is true. Though, bringing back the Safari Zone is still a good idea to bring back than closing it again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Okay, this is what they should do: KEEP EVERYTHING THE SAME AS IT WAS

Part of the reason on why it is smaller is apparently due to lack of memory, taken up but a lot of beta maps and the 2nd region wand whatnot - but basically, I feel this is really down to opinion. Myself, the bare parts of Kanto felt...well, bare, and lacking. And that was both before and after I had played RBY as well. There was something missing from that, and I'd like to see them expand on parts that felt like the should have been in, really (The Safari zone, for instance, with the Warden having moved to Johto and making the bug catching comp instead, led me to believe way back then that there was a side quest to unlock the Safari zone, when I read a sign in the National Park signed by 'The Warden'. XD). But each to his/her own - but this is one part I'd like to see change from GSC, in at least some aspects. (As in, the Rock Tunnel being the actual size that it was, for instance). Heck, stuff like Vermillion's gym's traps convinently not working is a bit iffy.

I'd agree though that besides going over a few places that were downsized and putting them back to the size they were in other games at least, I would like to see Kanto stay more or less the same, especially in terms of events and all. But there probably willy be a change or two, IMO - what those changes are though will be interesting to see (could by just super-minor stuff, for instance).

I don't really see a need for them to give us Kanto Starters, certainly. But note that in 3rd gen games you could get a Johto Starter as a reward for completing the dex, and in Colosseum/XD: GoD, you could also get them, but not as your starter Pokemon.

Part of the reason they closed it is apparently due to the infamous Glitch City glitch in RBY. They simply closed it, not willing to allow such things to be replciated and so forth. IMO though, it's not that bad if they re-introduce it...
    I don't really thing this should change either. Although maybe showing some more of the destruction following said volcanic eruption would be nice. XD
    Well, they are in Kanto in GSC - in the form of one person who speaks broken english. Don't see much need for them to be in Kanto beyond that though.
    It's also established that he doesn't return in GSC in Johto as well, might I add, despite the fact that they kinda took over Goldenrod City and pleaded for him back via the Radio Tower. I wouldn't mind maybe seeing him somewhere, but not as the leader of Team Rocket all of a sudden.
    It could happen, but personally I doubt it. Amusing that Johto gets no league for itself, but IMO it should stay the same.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they at least re-introduce the Safari Zone at leeast we won't be seeing a ton of 3rd and 4th Gen Pokémon running wild in random places, where most or some can be placed in the Safari keeping the game not so clustered with wild Pokémon and keeping it a bit simplier too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    - Trainers in Victory Road. I mean, there's your rival, but that's it. I was a little disappointed when there wasn't any.
    - White Rock somewhere in Kanto. Oak told us there was one in DPPt if you did the Oak's Letter event.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im tired of Kanto really. I would muck rathe instead of having a big Kanto have a small one and Hoenn too.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Im tired of Kanto really. I would muck rathe instead of having a big Kanto have a small one and Hoenn too.
    Big dreams with no hope of being done. You haza'm(bad pun XD). Anyway The kanto I want would be with major things like a virdian forest and a proper rock tunnel but without a cinnabar island and safari zone. I also want a kanto underground tunnel that is old and deserted. You know to really emphasize that in 3 years Kanto has been in bad shape. Maybe add a plot to the rocket thing making them more evil by taking advantage of Kanto and having you stop them from taking it over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back