• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kinder "Hookers"

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Kinda had a feeling it was that (and the font). Sorry if I set some confusion.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Syrex: Same. O.O()

But dear lord, what the heck are these people thinking? Obviously younger children take after the older (and they take after adults... the casualness of such things is appalling), so if the high schoolers are all shacking up the 5th graders are going to take what they know about such things and exemplify them. It's irresponsible and dangerous, and I don't think offering condoms at most public schools is helping. It's just encouraging that sort of behavior. If they stopped sleeping with each other, I bet more modest clothing would indeed come back into style.

EDIT: Didn't see the 3 posts between here and there. xD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    It's a shame that most children want to be adults and most adults want to be children. It pains me to see the innocence of childhood being corrupted by society's warped ideas about sexuality. :/

On the other hand, I do disagree with arbitrary lines being drawn on the basis of age. I know some adults that should never, NEVER have children, and I know some surprisingly mature kids who are under the legal age in any state. What we really need is to judge more on the basis of character. Good parents will usually understand when their child is ready to start making decisions about how they look, for instance. If they start dressing like hookers, you've obviously misjudged their character and should reconsider letting them make such decisions.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Urgh, people who allow their daughters to go around like that sicken me. I've heard arguments that they're copying what they see around them/what's on the telly/what their friends wear/etc., but where are their parents telling them that things like that are wrong at that age?! -.-

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Are we supposed to read the title as kinder like kind or kinder like the chocolate eggs? Just wondering cause I can't make sense of it at all.
    But seriously things like this make me sick. I hear about it a lot and thank god I do not see it a lot. People still are sane here with this stuff. Only after 15-16 like mentioned things start going towards that.

Years
    Are we supposed to read the title as kinder like kind or kinder like the chocolate eggs? Just wondering cause I can't make sense of it at all.
    But seriously things like this make me sick. I hear about it a lot and thank god I do not see it a lot. People still are sane here with this stuff. Only after 15-16 like mentioned things start going towards that.

Kinder as in how you say it in "kindergarten" (since I don't know how "kinder" for the chocolate eggs is pronounced).

I think this whole societal trend is appalling.

It's not just 12 and 13 year olds whose clothing has gotten less wholesome... even some clothing made for five year old girls is something that I don't think five year olds should be wearing. I can think of several outfits I've seen on store shelves that I wouldn't want my sister wearing.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Kinder as in how you say it in "kindergarten" (since I don't know how "kinder" for the chocolate eggs is pronounced).

It's not just 12 and 13 year olds whose clothing has gotten less wholesome... even some clothing made for five year old girls is something that I don't think five year olds should be wearing. I can think of several outfits I've seen on store shelves that I wouldn't want my sister wearing.

Sometimes, I think some parents need a smack in the face or a HUGE wakeup call if they are one of those people who let their children get "dolled" up like that.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Kinder is German for child.

I just hope that today's parents will teach their kids about self-worth, marketing and the media...

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    I think often girls dress that way to appeal to boys. If I am right, then this is the situation:

Girl, aged eleven, wears clothes that weigh roughly a tenth of the amount of makeup they have on their face. She does this in order to get herself a boyfriend as soon as possible, because having a boyfriend and kissing and stuff is totally what everyone else does and she can't be accepted by her peers and the society unless she's in some kind of relationship. So, let's pretend she finds herself the ideal boyfriend, just the kind she had been hoping for: five years older, finds the girl's clothes and make-up attractive, kisses her and buys her neat stuff.

Will she be with this guy for long? What if the guy sees her without make-up? What if the police catches them?

I can honestly say this is really a crappy situation. Nowadays, it's so important to appeal to guys and be sexually active and whatnot! When I pass the schoolyard of my old elementary school, the older girls just stand there in their skimpy clothes and try to look cool, instead of, say, playing tag or something, like we used to do at that age. By junior high, they have to have kissed someone, or everyone thinks they're dorks or something. They have to drink like their peers, dress scantily like their peers, be cool and attractive like their peers... No wonder their relationships only last for a few weeks at maximum!

I mean... Honestly! This just makes me so mad to think that they themselves would rob their generation of their childhood. Of course, it can't be their fault entirely, the modern media and their idols are to blame, too. It's just getting seriously twisted.

Sorry if I'm agitated here, this is just an issue that really fires me up. I think it's alarming to see what kid's clothing stores sell today. Also, listen to this little story:

I know a family with two professors as parents. They have two little girls. I don't remember how old the girls are, but both are still in kindergarten. One day, the girls' teacher called the parents, saying, "There's an issue with your girls here at the kindergarten. You see, other girls tease and bully them because they're not wearing fashionable clothes." As if this wasn't alarming and absurd enough, the teacher then continued: "Could you start dressing them up properly?"

It wasn't enough that kids under the age of six bully other kids if they don't have trendy brand clothes. The teacher actually thought the problem was in the clothing instead of the other kids and their parents' morals. I sure hope the world changes a bit before my future kids will reach that age.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It would seem that it is beyond the ideal of boys, that girls would dress/be like that. Mostly because it has become cultural identity, as well as a sort of "competition" if you will, with other women.

But yes that is correct too, after all, a man may not like the obese girl and would prefer the skinny one...

Perhaps the term for this too can be: 'social conditioning' (I think I've heard it before).

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Kids today are just sad. I'm not going to say more because I'd go off talking about the days of salad and glory and four-square, back when popularity contests had no value in second grade.

Personally, I blame the parents who see this and choose to do nothing, and the media who shove competition and sex appeal down kids throats at age four and happily take no responsibility for damages that ensue. Hitler Youth for my generation, I guess, glorifying the 'ideal' American life.

Years
    I think someone has been watching the little kiddies too much.

I never really take notice of what small girls and boys are wearing too be honest.
    Just ewwww.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Lets not also forget that its stuff like Hanna Montana or whatever that girl is called. While I did say these things are rare its not too rare to see girls at the age of 10-11 to be putting on make up and trying to be all sexy or whatever it is that this Hanna Montana bull is doing. It frightens me that things got this bad with media...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    There was a girl whom I know who had size EE breasts by the time she was 16
    because all their parents bought was organic food.
    Sounds like Orihime Inoue. *Shot* OHEMGEE. There's a girl that used to go to my school. I don't know cup sizes but I would estimate they were about EE as well... I think she had a breast reduction planned. She also took a birth control pill every day at school. O.o

Exactly, girls are very pretty I think when they don't put 7 pounds of makeup on their face and these younger girls need to understand that.
    There's a girl in my school whose face is just caked in make-up. And her eyelashes have visible chunks of mascara clinging to them. And her eyelids are sloppily painted with at least three layers and two different colors of eye shadow, or eye liner...whatever you call it. It's just gross as hell.

And there's another 8th-grade girl (2 grades below me, in a different school) in my school district that basically went on a dating spree with half of the freshmen last year (when she was two grades younger than them, in seventh grade). Almost every word with which I can properly describe her is censored on this forums...so I'll just leave it there. xD

Last edited:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    It's depressing to see kids dressing like that nowadays, but in the end, it's really up to them about how they want to dress. Pretty sure schools wouldn't let them in if they're dressed like that (my school sends kids, mainly girls, who are dressed in short skirts or miniskirts home immediately to change. They even have to change into a pair of gym shorts provided by the school). I'd even prefer them to have Miley Cyrus as their idol, and rather them dress up like her (since she's a Disney product, she doesn't dress too sexy).

And makeup... it just ruins your skin. It kills me to see so many young girls abusing lipstick, eyeshadow and foundation these days.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    :/ I seriously think that you guys are overthinking the situation for middle schoolers. ._.; In casual times, wearing short shorts, miniskirts, and camisoles in public is pretty much natural. It's almost "weird" to wear shorts that don't go at least 4-5 inches above your knee. Sleeveless, spaghetti straps are pretty much natural. In schools, I do believe that a dress code is required to prohibit things that are too revealing. Also, of course, things that stoop as low as inches above your... thing... is going too far. 10 and under, forget about it :3. ._. Showing stomachs also is going a little too far. I really have no problem with makeup that girls try to wear. A lot of it isn't even about boys, it's about their self-esteem. o3o;

That's just my opinion though.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Different parents, different standards. A lot of the time it could be that the parents dressed up that way when they were that age, too. I'm all for slowly diving into makeup so you can learn proper balance and not look like a raccoon, but to each their own, I suppose. :/

I myself wasn't that sexually aware of myself when I was twelve. There was still the childlike innocence in not really worrying about what other students thought about you -to a certain extent. I didn't have to wear stuff to please other people, because I was still somewhat unaware. (Of course, then middle school comes and slaps you in the face.) Whether it be their personal circumstances in their life or just the never-ending journey for peer approval, I find it saddening that children are forced to grow up so quickly nowadays.

And I also believe it instills the belief that you can only be pretty if you paint yourself up. I'm not saying that all girls are affected by that, but there's at least a fraction of girls that think their self worth and beauty is lowered if they don't wear makeup.

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
    I'm surprised that this is new to some. Ever since I started Junior High way back in the day (Senior in High School now) a lot of girls dressed skanky and trampy. Girls were pregnant in my Junior High and some of my friends had already had sex. I thought it was a bit stupid and I still do, but this isn't anything new.

Back