• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kinder "Hookers"

Years
    SPEAKING OF! Japanese Twins girls who literally just came over from Japan a few days ago to our school came in today with miniskirts, and were turned away. I guess they don't understand it can't be as short as they had it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Maybe I'm being a bit crusader-y, which is something I'm usually against; I suppose I should look at things in logical terms. If someone is not responsible/mature enough to make an informed decision about sex, then they are not old enough to wear clothing meant to inspire sexual feelings in others. That seems to make more sense, I suppose.

I find that fashion never starts in America... It usually ends there... So it was probably first started in Italy (it seems that is where fashion starts). XD
    Fashion: a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    This thread jsut reminded me of my middleschool years. I never had a desire to dress like that, but girls around me did. Those years are just awkward. Everyone wants to grow up and appear to be mature (especially with sex), but they're not.
    In my own opinion, If youngers girls dress "skimpy" it makes them think that they are mature and can handle these kind of situations when in reality, They can't. It's like if they can show off some skin and get boys attention, they feel like they are grown up and can handle sexual situations. These younger girls are being targetted for rape, molestion, ect just because they "flauting" what they have to the world as such a young age.
    I think it's their very immaturity that makes them feel like that. They're somewhat brainwashed by the media that promotes this kind of behaviour (Haha, blaming it on media. How cliche). And you know how people are - everyone wants to think that other people are mature, but them themselves are mature and intelligent. It takes a level of maturity to say "Okay, I'm not ready for this kind of thing. My friends think they are, but I know that I'm not comfortable with sex or anything."
    But really, idk. Thats just my little theory.

Years
    Those girls came back today. And once again were turned away. It was even worse.
    They were wearing the shirt-skirts (as I call them, I don't recall the actually name), where it is a long gown and the skirt bottom, but just barely below the waist line and one piece of clothing. I guess they just need to adapt to how the fashion is in america.

Years
    I wish kids stopped trying to make themselves "Sexy" at a young age. I mean, you can do that way later in your life if you want to. But now you should try to enjoy easy life and live your inoccents as a child

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well, Personally, I don't have any problem with how the kids dress. It's really up to the parents and the individual school districts to enforce dress standards for the age level. It's not a crime to want to look good, to be honest, and personally, I'm ok with girls of a young age dressing as skimpily as they please. It's not that they're trying to attract sex or anything like that, most of them KNOW they aren't ready for the real thing. The problem is with how girls at any age (especially younger girls) judge other girls. You have to keep up with the trends or else people just quit being your friends. (these so called fair-weather friends are the worst about it) and usually, when parents force their daughters to dress TOO conservatively, they get harrassed, teased and picked on. School life is a dog-eat-dog world people! It's not easy to make friends if your enemies are popular jerkwads. So, a concession has to be made.

Now I understand that it seems like they're trying to be penny *****s, but this isn't the case. If you were to ask these girls how they felt about sex, most of them would say that they wouldn't do it. (unless the school district AND the parents totally dropped the ball on sexed)

So yeah, America is far more conservative than say...Japan, where the girls' school uniforms are often really short miniskirts. (Seriously, it's not that bad.)

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    kids should focuse less on sex and more to have fun and make badass power metal music!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Now I understand that it seems like they're trying to be penny *****s, but this isn't the case. If you were to ask these girls how they felt about sex, most of them would say that they wouldn't do it.

How would you know that? Have you actively being asking girls their thoughts on it, or is their some surveys? It's one thing to go making claims that it doesn't have adverse effects on the mental states of these girls, it's another thing to do so with some backing.

Here's the thing, not only do scadly dressed children attract perverts and the far worse peadophiles. but they also miss out on a part of their childhood. I know a lot of girls who acted and dressed older as kids, and a lot of them are now single mums who are unhappy, depressed and living on benefits (UK welfare)

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    I think it's funny, the awkward dance our society does around sex. Like here: it obviously disturbs most of you (and I'm not gonna lie, I share that instinctual revulsion, wherever it stems from) to see provocatively dressed elementary schoolers, and yet you can't quite put words to exactly what's wrong about it. I don't doubt that most people would agree with me when I say murder is a more severe transgression than consensual sex outside of marriage, yet there's still a very unambiguous hostility towards "hookers" and the like. That's very interesting to me, and when I say that I don't mean I think it's wrong that we feel the way we do about the issue, just that... it's, well, interesting.

I do think it's an over-generalization to state certainly that our little girls are "growing up faster". Remember Juliet? Girls used to be considered marriageable at a much younger age, and yet would you consider a young sixteenth-century housewife to be "oversexed"?

But now you should try to enjoy easy life and live your inoccents as a child

I think it's funny that people keep saying "Why don't they want to live their childhood innocently?" D: I think the entire reason that these girls dress the way they do is because they don't understand the social stigma revealing clothing carries with it. That's pretty much the definition of innocence, in my opinion.

twocows

Years
    I think it's funny, the awkward dance our society does around sex. Like here: it obviously disturbs most of you (and I'm not gonna lie, I share that instinctual revulsion, wherever it stems from) to see provocatively dressed elementary schoolers, and yet you can't quite put words to exactly what's wrong about it. I don't doubt that most people would agree with me when I say murder is a more severe transgression than consensual sex outside of marriage, yet there's still a very unambiguous hostility towards "hookers" and the like. That's very interesting to me, and when I say that I don't mean I think it's wrong that we feel the way we do about the issue, just that... it's, well, interesting.

I do think it's an over-generalization to state certainly that our little girls are "growing up faster". Remember Juliet? Girls used to be considered marriageable at a much younger age, and yet would you consider a young sixteenth-century housewife to be "oversexed"?

I think it's funny that people keep saying "Why don't they want to live their childhood innocently?" D: I think the entire reason that these girls dress the way they do is because they don't understand the social stigma revealing clothing carries with it. That's pretty much the definition of innocence, in my opinion.
    It's not the fault of the children, it is the joint fault of the parents and society for teaching them that it is tolerable to dress like hookers. Hookers themselves are fine (or, I should say, prostitution is a lesser evil than taking advantage of women), five year old hookers aren't. There is a big difference: one is not wrong, one is..

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    Hookers themselves are fine (or, I should say, prostitution is a lesser evil than taking advantage of women), five year old hookers aren't.

Fair enough. Except you just identified prostitution as an "evil", if a lesser one. I think that sort of supports the point I made above. There's something about it that strikes people of most cultures as "wrong", but what is it? Objectively, there wouldn't seem to be any wrong with two people engaged in a mutually beneficial business relationship, as it were.

And my point about the kids themselves still stands: they don't necessarily connect clothing to sexual behavior, as we might due to our experience in the so-called adult world. Soooo... in a way, isn't it really the perceptions of the older, more experienced and jaded generation that makes them into "hookers", considering the intent is probably not to appear that way? And how would you go about explaining to a five-year-old why it's not "tolerable" to dress in a certain way?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Well, I live near Mexico, so we have a lot of those 'gangstahs' down here. Walk out on my high school, and unless you go to the nerds, and the ones who are made fun of, either they are dressed like hookers, or 'gangstahs', having skimpy clothing. It's even worse at the Middle School, as there are people who have sex all of the time, even as early as the Sixth Grade. I'm not sure about the elementary school, since I never went there. When I was in elementary school, it wasn't like it was now.

We were playing games at 5-12, not trying to make ourselves the 'Future Posers of America'! We were having fun, but these days, I'm not sure what they think as fun. (Sex, but... meh.) Anyway, kids shouldn't be dressing themselves like ****s... where did the maturity go? I mean, obviously the parents are a big part, as they get them those clothes. If I ever have kids, then I wouldn't let them walk around like the kids I see at the schools.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Literally. I read something awhile back stating that puberty will begin, on average, at around four or five years old.

It's like our bodies are catching up with our society.

Don't beleive everything you read, ten is more accurate.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    We have new neighbors. They moved in a couple of weeks ago and last night was the first time we had a chance to visit and talk with them. I was appalled at how they let their daughters, a 10 and a 12 year old, dress. I have no objection to little girls trying to look grown up or older than they are but these girls were dressed like play toys, little loli sex objects. I'm not kidding. Both of them had on too much makeup and their clothes were something my youngest sister wouldn't even buy and she likes to be the sexy one. I have no objection if a tween or young teen wants to look cute and dressy even a little sexy but overtly and blatantly sexy is a way too overboard.

What is your take on how tweens and young teens should dress?

They're called "Prosti-Tots." It's a current pandemic in America in girls between the ages 4 and 13. The only way to make it stop is to cut it off from the source, and decapitate Miley Cyrus.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    They're called "Prosti-Tots." It's a current pandemic in America in girls between the ages 4 and 13. The only way to make it stop is to cut it off from the source, and decapitate Miley Cyrus.
    Alright... This is going to take A LOT of effort and A LOT of tools

WHO IS WITH ME?!

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Alright... This is going to take A LOT of effort and A LOT of tools

WHO IS WITH ME?!

Then only way to take down Miley Cyrus and make her susceptible to having her head cut off, is by singing the song "The Morning After" backwards.

twocows

Years
    Then only way to take down Miley Cyrus and make her susceptible to having her head cut off, is by singing the song "The Morning After" backwards.
    Make sure you don't accidentally bump the tape recorder, or she'll reveal her true form and rampage through the streets as a giant succubus demon.

Back