• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kinder "Hookers"

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Someone on the other page said that kids are trying to be adults, and adults are tying to be kids. I realize exactly how much sense that makes. The young adult population is steadily showing a trend of immaturity, which probably is part of this. They think they should have whatever they want, and a big part of what they want is sex, hence the copycat syndrome ensues. And Giraffles is right, this is by no means new. Remember the Seventies? Marijuana? Free Love? Yeah. I'll bet 42 internets such things have been cycling since the BCs.

I want to make sure people know I'm okay with things besides full-body coverage. You gotta get a tan after all. It's simply that wearing things which show like half your boobs (or where they would be, depending on the case) or really short skirts are far too suggestive for anyone under 18. And probably above in most cases, but that's not the issue. It's not just girls, either, I've seen guys walking home from all these schools with pants so low it looks as if they forgot something coming out of the restroom, coupled with oversize boxers, no button. I swear, you could see whether or not they were turned on if you cared to look. Not the best. And wear something for a shirt in public, dude.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I have two younger sisters. One is sixteen and pregnant. The other is fourteen and dresses like a ****. I am worried...

Life is getting messed up. I don't want my youngest sister ending up like that. That is how society is though.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Do not get me started on things like this.

Okay, maybe my mother has raised me to be a little more conservative in what she allows me to wear in public, but really. Is it necessary for your shorts to constantly be riding up your crotch? Or for the lining of the front pockets to be visible? I just... don't understand it. Do you want guys staring at nothing but your butt or your breasts? You don't want them to even bother with eye contact?

As for makeup, keep it simple and keep it natural. There is actually a way to use two or three shades of eyeshadow, but it has to be done tastefully. Same with eyeliner, for that matter. Maybe I look plain and boring compared to the other girls, but if it allows me be appreciated for who I am rather than what I look like, I'll stick with it, thanks. I've stopped caring about my appearance as much as I used to.

And the guys that wear their pants at their thighs? I'm sorry, but most girls do not find that attractive. So what's your reason for wearing them like that? You just look like you forgot to wear a belt or something.

I can understand the desire to feel sexy. Most girls feel it at some point. Just don't go overboard. There's a difference between looking really great and looking like a hooker.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    You should be doing this stuff like around 17.... not 12.

I remember on Tyra Banks, This 13 year old was a STRIPPER! And her father din't care at all.

Its crazy, and stupid. And one day, it might prove the end of us all...

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think it's fine for 12+ girls to wear make up (my sister does and she's 13)and it seems that skimpy clothes are becoming normal now, to be honest and as long as they don't start having sex and getting pregnant at that age they aren't really hurting anyone. Although, some of the girls in my year really cake the make up on and they think they look so hot, but you can see the line on their neck where the make up ends and clumps on their eyelashes, it's kinda disgusting.

But where I live it's when girls hit 14 that some of them really hor themselves out and get pregnant and stuff.
    EDIT: Also the fact we have to wear uniform to school kinda stops people dressing that way during the week.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I think it's fine for 12+ girls to wear make up (my sister does and she's 13)and it seems that skimpy clothes are becoming normal now, to be honest and as long as they don't start having sex and getting pregnant at that age they aren't really hurting anyone. Although, some of the girls in my year really cake the make up on and they think they look so hot, but you can see the line on their neck where the make up ends and clumps on their eyelashes, it's kinda disgusting.

But where I live it's when girls hit 14 that some of them really hor themselves out and get pregnant and stuff.
    EDIT: Also the fact we have to wear uniform to school kinda stops people dressing that way during the week.
    You are making an argument based on a fallacy called "appeal to nature;" arguing that just because it is natural or normal, it is tolerable. This is not true, and I could make any number of gruesome counterexamples to show it. Suffice it to say that just because dressing like a prostitute or a "gangster" is normal doesn't mean it should be allowed (at least in public).

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You are making an argument based on a fallacy called "appeal to nature;" arguing that just because it is natural or normal, it is tolerable. This is not true, and I could make any number of gruesome counterexamples to show it. Suffice it to say that just because dressing like a prostitute or a "gangster" is normal doesn't mean it should be allowed (at least in public).

Being devil's advocate here, but you could also say it is part of a cultural means (like that of fashion), thus unavoidable (more or less). I mean it can still be avoided, but society was never like that... people want to feel accepted, after all...

However, associations to material objects, are just that... associations, they will never ever become more than that...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Being devil's advocate here, but you could also say it is part of a cultural means (like that of fashion), thus unavoidable (more or less). I mean it can still be avoided, but society was never like that... people want to feel accepted, after all...

However, associations to material objects, are just that... associations, they will never ever become more than that...
    Like I said, just because it is normal in some cultures does not mean it should be. And just because it's inevitable doesn't mean it shouldn't be fought against.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Like I said, just because it is normal in some cultures does not mean it should be. And just because it's inevitable doesn't mean it shouldn't be fought against.

What I'm getting at, is that change occurs, then it depends on the (perhaps?) percentage, or popularity of something, to become the norm (so to speak), or in the least, to be accepted.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    young girls are growing up faster and faster these days. :|
    Parents are more leniant these day (generally) because during the time the parents of the current generation was growing up, their parents were very abusive. And it was legal. So they swore to not be anything like that, thus, being over-the-top-liberal.

That's just my theory though.

However, I do believe kids grow up faster than normal. I grew up faster than normal. But that's because of the things I grew up with, I had to. Either that, or be depressed all the time. That's not usually the case though.

Bad parents, are bad parents.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    Parents are more leniant these day (generally) because during the time the parents of the current generation was growing up, their parents were very abusive. And it was legal. So they swore to not be anything like that, thus, being over-the-top-liberal.

That's just my theory though.

However, I do believe kids grow up faster than normal. I grew up faster than normal. But that's because of the things I grew up with, I had to. Either that, or be depressed all the time. That's not usually the case though.

Bad parents, are bad parents.

She does have a point. I had to grow up fast as well, but my younger sisters shouldn't.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It's too bad there are more freedoms these days... (yes you heard me right!)

Back in the day, there wouldn't be kids being so obnoxious as they are now... I realize it is a social thing (that being around friends does), but I still feel like I want to break some kids' necks on the bus ride home... Their stupidity seems to exude off of them in large amounts... Like how they yell or swear every second...

Basically a parent has to be to a kid, like an owner to its dog... lay down the rules...

If you watch those daytime TV shows, with the submissive parents and the out-of-control teen, then you know what I mean.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, I think that's quite an influence on the young mind. I'll make my kids watch Malcolm in the Middle. ;) (The kids always misbehave and get pwnd by their mom). :P

Lol, or that might just give them more ideas on how to misbehave, depending how strict you are. XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    She does have a point. I had to grow up fast as well, but my younger sisters shouldn't.
    I assume you're referring to me as a female, in which case you have failed because it says male right above my post.

A lot of people have to grow up fast now-a-days unfortunately. But that is no excuse for looking like a ****.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    I seriously just came to this thread cause I read "hooker"
    Um that should be the parents decision on how they dress and what not to wear
    (Unless the parents want those girls to dress that way '0')

Years
    I think that if your daughter is developing at an early age, they shouldn't dress like, how you describe it, a "hooker". They should wait a while before they dress however they want. If I ever had a daughter, I would wait until about 15. and I'm 14 xD. But I see all the girls in my freshman class that are dressed as you describe, and it really is just sad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have never noticed any children dressing like this, all children I see are wearing the sort of clothes I would expect children to wear.
    Also, all the girls in my school dress modestly aswell and they are 16 years of age.
    It must be a barely noticeable minority.

Or maybe it's just an American trend?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I find that fashion never starts in America... It usually ends there... So it was probably first started in Italy (it seems that is where fashion starts). XD

Back