• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts II (revived)

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I finally did beat Sephiroth. It is indeed possible, it's just really. Freakin. HARD! And I still can't find a way to stop Sins of a Heartless Angel. Right now, before I finish the game, I'm trying to complete all of the bonus missions, but some of them are freakin' nuts. I swear, certain ones like the junk destroyer or whatever it's called are almost as touch as Sephie himself! Under six swings? Give me a break! My lowest is 26! And the poster run is nuts as well; how is one supposed to do that in less than 30 seconds?

And what is this secret trailer you speak of?

I also thought they should have included a "Gargoyles" world in Kingdom Hearts II, and.. added Mozenrath as an Agrabah villain. Shame they couldn't, since his voice actor no longer lives.

I agree on both accounts... actually I was thinking of both upon completion of the first game.

Sora X

Keyblade master
    Years
    Sepheroth was hard he has 3000hp and his instant kill move he's like 3 times harder than zamnas final battle.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I got nine swings on the Junkbuster one, I think. But that's because I spent like five or ten minutes moving them all close together by walking into them repeatedly so they'd knock into each other. XD;

The only minigame I can't beat is the one in Twillight Town where you have to hit the cargo-thingy up the hill and into the garage. The Journal wants 15 seconds...but the lowest I've been able to attain is 16 seconds exactly. ;__;

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    Leveling up a ton doesn't help you a heck of a lot so long as you have Second Chance, Once More, and just about every countering ability. Unlike in the original Kingdom Hearts, leveling does not raise your HP and there are no pieces of equipment that give you more HP. In the original, if you were at a decent level (65 or so) and had a set of Gaia Bangles equipped, Sephiroth wasn't that hard because he only had one big combo move, Omnislash (which was probably going to kill you if you didn't dodge most of it.) Not to mention he barely attacked you if you stayed away from him (at least until you took away his first two life bars anyway. He had a lot less life back then, only 6 bars as opposed to 15 this time.) This time around, he will go after you right away. From the moment the battle begins, he will spam like there's no tomorrow. Remember how much those Gaia Bangles helped the first time? Well, those +6 and higher defensive accessories and armors will be simply necessary this time.

Sora X

Keyblade master
    Years
    that wasnt true for me my hp goes of the screen (255hp) and im level 99

And about Axel...Does it even say what number he is in the organization?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Axel, (wa)is Number Eight ( VIII ) within the Organization. You would have learned this, playing through Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. While the introduction video for the second Kingdom Hearts condenses and then shows all that would happen in CoM, there is still that necessity to play the game. That is, if you wish to fully understand all of it.

Such as.. members of the Organization turning on one another; why Sora only encountered a tiny portion of the Organization in II AND why Kairi could not remember whom Sora was.

Summarized: Play Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    I keep hearing about KH2. It's supposed to fun. My friend tells me to get 1 & 2 (I have Chain of Memories). So should I get them?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Elusive said:
    I keep hearing about KH2. It's supposed to fun. My friend tells me to get 1 & 2 (I have Chain of Memories). So should I get them?
    Definitely! It's a totally different experience playing the Kingdom Hearts games on the PS2, with the much cooler battles, voice acting, CG movies, etc. I'm sure you'd become a bigger fan if you played them... Or you'd atleast understand everything a lot more!

I'm glad to see that other people have the same opinion on Aerith's new voice as me. I don't like it at all, which is a shame since she's one of my favorite characters. Mandy Moore did a better job.

It didn't take my brother very long to beat Sephiroth on the first game, although he got the Ultima Weapon so that helped a lot. I still think he can do it this time! I'm not even going to try, after hearing that he's even harder on this one. XD

Anyway, I've gotten really far into the game, but I don't want to beat it so soon... I've decided to go ahead and finish all of the requirements to see the secret movie thing at the end, and maybe by then I'll be a little more ready to handle my depression. T_T The pace of the game is just quicker than I expected, but it still has definitely been worth the wait!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Elusive said:

If you want an experience worth your money, then yes. If you're more for action than a story.. then no. When playing Kingdom Hearts, you have to be adjusted to seeing more storylines than actual time in the game. Otherwise.. you'll become irritated.

Kayleigh said:
    I'm glad to see that other people have the same opinion on Aerith's new voice as me. I don't like it at all, which is a shame since she's one of my favorite characters. Mandy Moore did a better job.

She did, very much so. Mena Suvari isn't exactly bad, it's merely the fact that she doesn't act. She talks.. emotionlessly. While Mandy Moore, she took the time to change her voice to an extent; take the character seriously and try not to stir the annoyance of real Kingdom Hearts fans. Once more.. Mena Suvari only talked.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yes, the Kingdom Hearts series is really all about the story... You wouldn't be able to fully enjoy any of the games if you didn't understand what was going on. I'm glad that's the way that it is because the story is so interesting and very deep compared to most other games. That's what draws me to it so much!

And that's exactly true about Mena Suvari. It's a little obvious that she hasn't had very much experience voicing a character like that... I don't want to sound like I'm making fun of her voice, but she did make Aerith sound a lot younger than she actually looks, and most of the time it sounded like her throat was kind of hoarse. Mandy's voice is softer, and sounds more mature, which was perfect for the role!

Anyway, I won't rant any longer. =P

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Aw, it's more than fine. Mandy's voice is much softer, and warrants the gentleness which is the Aerith character. However, we must tolerate Mena Suvari no matter. She's also handling the Flower Girl in Advent Children; shame, too.

I also happen to adore Haley Joe Osment; he portrayed Sora in the sequel amazingly. I miss the original Ansem's voice; this new one simply doesn't interest me. But, Ansem the Wise's voice actor supports his character beautifully. So, they casted their good and their bad. You can't truly complain; they tried.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Oh, she is? That's kind of disappointing, but like you said, we have to live with it so I shouldn't really complain anymore...

Anyway, I agree! Haley Joel Osment is just great for Sora. ^_^ At first, I wasn't sure how well his deeper voice would fit this time around, but after hearing it throughout the game I think it's perfect for him, especially after he gets his new outfit and appears older. I also agree about Ansem's new voice... His first one fit him so well.

I think that both Roxas and Axel have good voice actors, as well. It took me a while to get used to Axel's, because I kind of expected it to sound deeper, but now I think it's perfect!

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé believes that Kingdom Hearts 2 definitely spells the end of Sora's story... Organization 13, an inferior name in comparison to the original 13th Order, is the one who started the entire problem since Kingdom Hearts, and they're permanently put to rest for all 13 members already.

If they are going to make more games of Kingdom Hearts, then as mentioned by another poster before Naminé, they'll have to go backward in time, before the time of Sora. It won't be bad at all to see where the first keyblades come from and how the worlds came to be, especially Radiant Garden, and any other town that's inbetween light and darkness, such as Traverse Town and Twilight Town. Naminé always wonder about how there are towns that are inbetween the light world and the dark world. A person in such a situation, that Naminé, can understand, but not worlds... would love to hear them explain it in more details~

Last edited:

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I just found out that if I want to see the secret ending, I've either got to beat the game and get Jiminy's Journal filled on Standard, or just beat the game on the final difficulty. Trouble is, since I hadn't played KH 1 in a long arse time, and I wanted to play without too much adjusting, I chose Beginner. So now, at nearly the end of the game, with my journal nearly full, I've got to effing do it all over again on another difficulty just to see the blasted video. ARGH!

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Ahhh tis the price you pay for taking it easy and enjoying the story...still they should have made it so that you can see the hidden trailer by doing the beginner mode...Maybe you can download it from somewhere that way you don't have to play through the game again.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    No I don't think they should, or else Square-enix will get a horde of mad hardcore gamers trampling their doors for no reward doing it the hard way. It's a smart and brilliant move. You always get gamers who complain about going through quests to make insanely powerful characters, and yet there is no worthy enemies to use the powerful character on. The other complain is how you only get a pointless item that "proves" your success. A bonus trailer as a reward is a brilliant marketing move beyond comparison.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    レオ said:
    She did, very much so. Mena Suvari isn't exactly bad, it's merely the fact that she doesn't act. She talks.. emotionlessly. While Mandy Moore, she took the time to change her voice to an extent; take the character seriously and try not to stir the annoyance of real Kingdom Hearts fans. Once more.. Mena Suvari only talked.

I couldn't agree more. To be honest, I didn't like Mandy Moore too much in the first game. In fact.. I didn't like her at all.

But after hearing Mena Suvari's version of Aerith, I WISH Mandy would come back. She's far better then Mena is. When he first heard Aerith's new voice, my brother oh-so-eloquently put it; " She sounds like she came out of a food processor." XP

Kayleigh said:
    Anyway, I agree! Haley Joel Osment is just great for Sora. ^_^ At first, I wasn't sure how well his deeper voice would fit this time around, but after hearing it throughout the game I think it's perfect for him, especially after he gets his new outfit and appears older. I also agree about Ansem's new voice... His first one fit him so well.

I think that both Roxas and Axel have good voice actors, as well. It took me a while to get used to Axel's, because I kind of expected it to sound deeper, but now I think it's perfect!

I saw a bunch of people bashing Haley Joel Osment for his voice, and I was all "What on earth?!". For one thing, he couldn't stop his voice from changing, and another, I think he's incredible in this game.

Hayden Penettiere hasn't changed much in sound, but she's gotten better at acting for sure =3

I love Axel's voice! There's something about it that's echoey and drawling about it, and I love it! He's such a redeemed character <3 I never hated him, but I never thought I'd love him.

And as for Roxas, I NEVER expected Jesse McCartney to pull it off o o;; I cringed when I read that he would be doing Roxas's voice, honestly. But I ended up loving it XD

I've beaten the game, but I haven't completed Jiminey's Journal yet.. I think I'm far from that ^^;;

My biggest problems would definitely be the Poster Duty and Junk Sweep in Twilight Town.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    The S said:
    I just found out that if I want to see the secret ending, I've either got to beat the game and get Jiminy's Journal filled on Standard, or just beat the game on the final difficulty. Trouble is, since I hadn't played KH 1 in a long arse time, and I wanted to play without too much adjusting, I chose Beginner. So now, at nearly the end of the game, with my journal nearly full, I've got to effing do it all over again on another difficulty just to see the blasted video. ARGH!

Is the bolded part of the above quote true? Because if it is, I think spending another 45+ hours going through the game again would be easyer than fighting Sephiroth. So it it true? Please, let it be true. (Can't win battle against Sephy for my life, not even in the first game!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Chuchino said:
    I saw a bunch of people bashing Haley Joel Osment for his voice, and I was all "What on earth?!". For one thing, he couldn't stop his voice from changing, and another, I think he's incredible in this game.

Hayden Penettiere hasn't changed much in sound, but she's gotten better at acting for sure =3

I love Axel's voice! There's something about it that's echoey and drawling about it, and I love it! He's such a redeemed character <3 I never hated him, but I never thought I'd love him.

And as for Roxas, I NEVER expected Jesse McCartney to pull it off o o;; I cringed when I read that he would be doing Roxas's voice, honestly. But I ended up loving it XD

I've beaten the game, but I haven't completed Jiminey's Journal yet.. I think I'm far from that ^^;;

My biggest problems would definitely be the Poster Duty and Junk Sweep in Twilight Town.
    Of course, so they shouldn't be bashing him for something that he can't help! I think that it fits just fine, because it's not like Sora hasn't grown any, either. I can really tell that Haley's acting has improved in this game.

And I agree, although she definitely sounds more mature now!

I know, I love it, too! XD It goes just perfectly with the attitude that he has. I was also like that when I was playing CoM... I kind of disliked him because he seemed so mean, but after playing KH2 my opinion totally changed. He's so funny and amusing to watch. I think that getting to hear his voice and see more realistic expressions from him made a big difference. Now he's definitely one of my favorite characters!

Oh, I know! O_o I did the exact same thing. I just couldn't get past the fact that he was a pop star. I didn't even want to imagine him as Roxas. But now I think he's perfect for the role!

And ugh, I was horrible at all of the Twilight Town mini games. XD *sigh*

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Actually, my friend, you're in luck. Secret ending.

But yes, the only way to truly continue is.. a prequel, which I would enjoy to see. Such as the Thirteenth Order as humans, find out more about them before they became Nobodies. See Ansem the Wise before his life became shambles.

Most importantly, see the birth of the keyblades; the war which was born from it and more. I think the idea of a prequel is truly remarkable, as long as its path isn't along the same stride as Devil May Cry's franchise; if Kingdom Hearts ends after the prequel, all will be fine.

Back