• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • In this article though, ignore the faded pokemon part. I have seen no official confirmation of that, so it may not be true.

Maybe someone has pointed this out before, but in the set of sprites at the bottom:

Rattata/Raticate are missing.
    Raichu is missing.
    Exeggutor is missing.
    Marowak is missing.
    Vulpix/Ninetales are missing.
    Sandshrew/Sandslash are missing.
    Meowth/Persian are missing.

I apologize, I can't make out many of the sprite families at the bottom - but it appears that many of the sprites of pokemon that are not pictured there are pokemon we received Alola forms for - is it possible that there is some sort of connection between the pokemon that are shown, and what we may be getting in terms of Alola forms/which pokemon are in the regional Pokedex?

Call me crazy, but I think some of the pokemon missing are going to be Alola Forms - especially families that we have one set of (Omanyte/Omastar are there, but Kabuto/Kabutops are not, Archen/Archeops shown but no Tirtouga/Carracosta, etc.)

Additionally, Snorlax and Munchlax are in full color, as are Pikachu and Pichu - pokemon that are or are related to Pokemon with specific Z-Stones. Could it be that the pokemon fully colored are receiving corresponding Z-Moves instead of an Alola form?

Maybe I'm reading too far into this (and perhaps someone has brought it up already), but food for thought!

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It hasn't Pokejungle is either misinformed or making stuff up. t honestly can be either as they've done it before. That's why I said ignore it. He did post that image but as far as I know there is no statement to go with it.

I think that the faded mons are the ones that will be in the games, but have yet to be shown in any trailers or concept art, well at one of their stages.

We saw Blastoise in the concept art, while Charizard is a Poke-ride as seen in multiple trailers now. While Venusaur which hasn't been shown as of yet in either one. Likewise for the Johto starters, etc.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Maybe someone has pointed this out before, but in the set of sprites at the bottom:

Rattata/Raticate are missing.
    Raichu is missing.
    Exeggutor is missing.
    Marowak is missing.
    Vulpix/Ninetales are missing.
    Sandshrew/Sandslash are missing.
    Meowth/Persian are missing.

I apologize, I can't make out many of the sprite families at the bottom - but it appears that many of the sprites of pokemon that are not pictured there are pokemon we received Alola forms for - is it possible that there is some sort of connection between the pokemon that are shown, and what we may be getting in terms of Alola forms/which pokemon are in the regional Pokedex?

Call me crazy, but I think some of the pokemon missing are going to be Alola Forms - especially families that we have one set of (Omanyte/Omastar are there, but Kabuto/Kabutops are not, Archen/Archeops shown but no Tirtouga/Carracosta, etc.)

Additionally, Snorlax and Munchlax are in full color, as are Pikachu and Pichu - pokemon that are or are related to Pokemon with specific Z-Stones. Could it be that the pokemon fully colored are receiving corresponding Z-Moves instead of an Alola form?

Maybe I'm reading too far into this (and perhaps someone has brought it up already), but food for thought!
    The image is made with those forms in mind. The riddler left those as remaining parts of the dex in some form. It might just be one island's dex. Perhaps we get kanto starters again from Samuel Oak, and it's the 3rd island's pokedex?

That Z move theory makes a lot of sense though. I'd say that's a strong possibility.
    I think that the faded mons are the ones that will be in the games, but have yet to be shown in any trailers or concept art, well at one of their stages.

We saw Blastoise in the concept art, while Charizard is a Poke-ride as seen in multiple trailers now. While Venusaur which hasn't been shown as of yet in either one. Likewise for the Johto starters, etc.
    This is something that could very well happen as well. The Riddler seems to know when videos are being released and what is in them. So I could see that. The above Z move theory makes a lot of sense as well. Perhaps both maybe?

Years
  • Spoiler:

Big Four leaks again, since Famitsu has apparently ruled out some Pokemon of getting Alola Forms. One of the Pokemon in question is the Growlithe line, which was mentioned in this leak to have a Water-type form. Famitsu apparently showed it as just its normal form, which makes this another thing to add to Leak #4's "Things it got wrong" list.

The other ruled-out Pokemon are the Spearow, Zubat, Psyduck, Magikarp and Dratini lines, as well as Laptas and Pinsir. Zubat line and Lapras I expected since they appeared as normal in Japanese trailers, and Pinsir already has a Mega Evolution.

I also seem to be speculating Butterfree won't get an Alola Form as well since it appeared as normal on the PokeFinder official art, and Kangaskhan also has a Mega so I'm ruling it out. I will make a checklist of all the Kanto Pokemon and mark which ones have confirmed Alola Forms, which ones are rumored (aka mentioned in leaks) and which ones are confirmed to be ruled out, due to mainly appearing as normal in a trailer or having another "special" thing already, such as Mega Evolution.

So while the Water-type Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine seem to be deconfirmed (which also contradicts the leaked drawings which showed an Alolan Arcanine) this definitely raises a lot of questions about the leaks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    We can't know if all the posts were made by the same person, anyway.

I support the idea that the pokédex from the riddler shows the pokemon from past gens that will be (unchanged) in Alola, the faded ones being the ones we haven't seen yet. It just seems to add up. I've made a list of all the gen 1 pokémon missing:

-Pidgey family
    -Rattata family
    -Ekans family
    -Raichu
    -Sandshrew family
    -Nido family
    -Clefairy family
    -Vulpix family
    -Jigglypuff family
    -Oddish family
    -Paras family
    -Venonat family
    -Diglett family
    -Meowth family
    -Abra family
    -Bellsprout family
    -Tentacool family
    -Geodude family
    -Ponyta family
    -Farfetch'd
    -Doduo family
    -Seel family
    -Grimer family
    -Onix
    -Exeggutor
    -Marowak
    -The hitmons
    -Lickitung
    -Koffin family
    -Rhyhorn family
    -Chansey
    -Tangela
    -Goldeen family
    -Mr Mime
    -Scyther
    -Jynx
    -Omanyte family
    -Kabuto family

Confirmed Alola forms are bolded. I feel like the others are the only Pokémon that have any chance of getting Alola forms. Either that or they just aren't going to be in the pokédex, which for many is likely, since we probably won't get a lot of Alola forms. I find it hard to believe that we would get new forms fo the fossils, but I've kept them on the list.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Out of the Big Four, the fourth one (Real Leaks leak) does mention older characters returning, but doesn't mention Oak.

Spoiler:

The main question is ,
    How did the Chinese leaker got Mallow right ? What's even She and Ash doing on Litten evolution concept art ? Where is the male companion ?
    Lets be honest , It still way too soon for Ash to have fully evolved Litten .
    Plus , Litten is far more marketable then that wrestling tiger evolution.
    I do not think writers will fully evolve Ash's Litten before learning the most popular fully evolve Alola starter .
    Unless , It belong to Mallow.

My guess is , The leaker somehow got an glimpse of Mallow and then used her to promote his leak.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • My guess is , The leaker somehow got an glimpse of Mallow and then used her to promote his leak.

How so? That first leak was revealed waaaaay before Trial Captians were announced! Plus, those starter designs look real! The way they draw different prespectives for the same Pokémon also shows how careful they were, so I think the first leak is true!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    The main question is ,
    How did the Chinese leaker got Mallow right ? What's even She and Ash doing on Litten evolution concept art ? Where is the male companion ?
    I do not think writers will fully evolve Ash's Litten before learning the most popular fully evolve Alola starter .

My guess is , The leaker somehow got an glimpse of Mallow and then used her to promote his leak.

Famon <3
    I hope you're right since I dont want Mallow as a companion for Ash..

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Everyone's gonna blast me on how this is impossible but just consider how many designs have to be made before they settle on a final one to use for a Pokémon. We've even had officially-shown concept art from when Blaziken and Latias were the same Pokémon, for Arceus's sake! If a leaker has access to this early-level pre-production concept art, they may have access to more than just the final designs. In the leaked starter evolutions they don't even have names. If the team decided upon Mallow's design early enough, the concept art could be of unused starter evolution designs. Why would the leaker show the wrong designs? Either because this is all they had or they made a genuine mistake thinking this was the right one (see: Smash 4's Gematsu leak), or they showed the one they thought was going to rile up the most people (see: another generic Fire/Fighting-looking evolution).

Years
  • I like to think the concept art is real and was leaked earlier because Mom-maid wanted to protect our little Popplio from the cyberbullying. :(

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wouldn't it be a gradual thing rather all at once? If this leaker wants to keep up the hype and credibility, it would probably make more sense to span these leaks out over a longer period of time rather than all in one post. Idk, that's how I'd do it anyways.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would have thought by doing it over a longer period of time, it would keep people a lot more engaged for a longer period of time. This riddler has been hinting and dropping tidbits of info over the past few weeks, most probably to keep speculators discussing what he leaks. Idk, personally I just don't feel it would be as effective to leak it all at once.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Have you guys seen this?

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...iscussion-thread.214874/page-188#post-5972495

Apparently the riddler posted this image of gen 1 Pokemon. Circled Pokemon will be getting Alolan forms and crossed out Pokemon won't. (It's unknown whether the Pokemon not circled or crossed out will get Alolan forms though)

Interestingly the Arcanine and Alakazam lines have been crossed out....and some of the circled Pokemon such as Oddish/Vileplume and Scyther have relatives outside of gen 1.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure how to interpret the image so I might have made a mistake somewhere. It might just be the red circles that are Alolan forms.

I do know that the crossed out Pokemon are "confirmed" by the riddler not to be getting Alolan forms though. So take that however you want...

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm surprised that Butterfree is crossed out from that list. If there were ever another opportunity to match it up fairly with Beedrill's Mega Evolution then giving it an Alola Form would be the next best thing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    So, crossing those out from the list I made earlier...
    -Pidgey family
    -Rattata family
    -Ekans family
    -Raichu
    -Sandshrew family
    -Nido family
    -Clefairy family
    -Vulpix family
    -Jigglypuff family
    -Oddish family
    -Paras family
    -Venonat family
    -Diglett family
    -Meowth family
    -Abra family
    -Bellsprout family
    -Tentacool family
    -Geodude family
    -Ponyta family
    -Farfetch'd
    -Doduo family
    -Seel family
    -Grimer family
    -Onix
    -Exeggutor
    -Marowak
    -The hitmons
    -Lickitung
    -Koffin family
    -Rhyhorn family
    -Chansey
    -Tangela
    -Goldeen family
    -Mr Mime
    -Scyther
    -Jynx
    -Omanyte family
    -Kabuto family

It doesn't change much.

EDIT: Wait, what if they make a Normal Clefairy as a reference to past gens?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Probably also interesting to point out is how there are certain Pokemon that are circled and crossed out? That's pretty odd to me. D:

wait hold on:

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Someone over at Bulbagarden forums told me that was just to confuse people, more riddles I guess.

It seems that some of the circles are just telling us stuff we already know, like whether they have future pre-evos or evolutions and whether they have mega evolutions.

It seems the only relevant information are the red circles and the crossed out sections.

I'm surprised that Butterfree is crossed out from that list. If there were ever another opportunity to match it up fairly with Beedrill's Mega Evolution then giving it an Alola Form would be the next best thing.

You're assuming they don't plan on giving Butterfree an actual Mega Evolution.

If anything the latest trailer shows us they have plenty up their sleeves, so I don't think we should assume Mega Evolution is out just because they haven't mentioned it yet.

Besides wasn't it confirmed that Dexio and Sina were wearing Mega bracelets? Maybe I'm mistaken but I read that somewhere...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If anything the latest trailer shows us they have plenty up their sleeves, so I don't think we should assume Mega Evolution is out just because they haven't mentioned it yet.

Besides wasn't it confirmed that Dexio and Sina were wearing Mega bracelets? Maybe I'm mistaken but I read that somewhere...

Yeah, this thought did enter my mind. I'm pretty certain mega evolutions will be back, but I think there will be a significantly lower amount than XYORAS introduced.

I mean it sure looks like they're wearing mega bracelets
    Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The main question is ,

This is game concept, not anime. I doubt it relates to the anime or that litten's is his. (I'm calling Rowlett for Ash). Mallow could be there just to have an ingame character interact with one. Ash may be in the game so they put him there, or the creator wanted to put Ash there as they were a fan. These could be real, but as a proposal they were allowed to add in whatever touches they wanted. We probably won't know the full story for awhile though.

Everyone's gonna blast me on how this is impossible but just consider how many designs have to be made before they settle on a final one to use for a Pokémon. We've even had officially-shown concept art from when Blaziken and Latias were the same Pokémon, for Arceus's sake! If a leaker has access to this early-level pre-production concept art, they may have access to more than just the final designs. In the leaked starter evolutions they don't even have names. If the team decided upon Mallow's design early enough, the concept art could be of unused starter evolution designs. Why would the leaker show the wrong designs? Either because this is all they had or they made a genuine mistake thinking this was the right one (see: Smash 4's Gematsu leak), or they showed the one they thought was going to rile up the most people (see: another generic Fire/Fighting-looking evolution).

If they are fake, I think this could be possible. I'd say the only way they'd be fake is if they were rejected designs so the guy put them out there for people to see to gauge fan reaction. It's technically not illegal as they weren't made official so he couldn't be in trouble. We'll know soon enough.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wouldn't this potentially just be "z" bracelets though? :s

I'm just thinking because these two have travelled from Kalos, it would make sense for them to be in possession of a mega bracelet. Also, at least from the screenshot, it seems to resemble a mega bracelet when comparing to what the Z bracelet looks like. The mega looks slimmer whilst the z bracelet seems to be slightly clunkier look to allow room for those Z-crystals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back