• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    More characters? I'm convinced we haven't seen the full line-up of important characters for these games just yet. I'm hoping we get to see a couple of new Trial Captains atleast.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    I work for TPCi, as a major player in European marketing. I know that none like information as much as 4chan does.

The game is finished and we have it, some have even completed it. It did not take long and most are back to playing world of Warcraft legion.

The secrets with the starters are that their evolutions can use any Z move. Their secondary types change depending on their stone- so the normally Grass-Flying Rowlet final becomes Grass-rock with the rock crystal.

Rockruff's secret is simply that it and its evolution have colored shards with the shards they hold, and you can also use any type move with them.

The ultra beasts are not aliens, rather they are they failed attempts of Pokemon cloning on Legendaries.UB-01 was the final attempt at cloning Mew after Mewtwo's creation by Team Plasma. It was Colress' project to bring out Pokemon's potential, and when UB-01 was made he turned his focus to making them. They are obtainable technically through a 'quest' of sorts and a key item, but will never be usable in battle. UB-01 is indeed Lily, and is based on Colress' late younger sister.

A new leak from 4Chan.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Yeah, okay.

There's no way UB-01 has ANYTHING to do with Mew, that's just ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as the rumor that Lillie is the champion who is a 3000 year old Mew from the Kalos war,

Also there's waaaay too much going on with UB-01 there. So you're telling me not only is it a failed Mew clone, but it's also Lillie AND Colress's late sister? What has that man been smoking?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Rumour regarding CoroCoro:

Spoiler:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    It's also odd to me, but you have to admit that it's a ballsy move to give an exact time, at any rate. Usually flimsy leaks are posted without really a second thought to them and sound like they barely have an effort put in them, but this one may or may not be different.

I don't get how it's ballsy at all. They are completely anonymous on the internet, they can just disappear at the time they said they'd post pictures.

Years
    An anonymous poster on 2ch claims to have seen the October issue of CoroCoro, a Japanese comic magazine, and says that the latest issue shows Alolan Ekans and Arbok. They've given a few details about it and here are the translations:

Alolan Ekans & Arbok are Fighting-type
    Their abilities are Fighter Skin, which makes Normal-type moves Fighting and increases their power by 30% (ala Pixilate, etc), and Shed Skin
    Alolan Arbok is light brown and bigger in size than its normal counterpart, but lacks any pattern on its body
    It is a Pokémon Sun exclusive and the CoroCoro issue also reveals that Alolan Sandslash is a Moon exclusive

So an Alolan Ekans line that's Sun exclusive, a Fighting-type and gets a new Fighting-type Pixilate clone for its ability? That could actually be interesting, but I'd rather wait for images to prove that.

If this is also suggesting Alolan Sandshrew line is Moon exclusive, that could serve as a shout-out to the Johto games where the Ekans and Sandshrew lines were version exclusives, with the former appearing in (Soul) Silver and the latter in (Heart) Gold.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    So an Alolan Ekans line that's Sun exclusive, a Fighting-type and gets a new Fighting-type Pixilate clone for its ability? That could actually be interesting, but I'd rather wait for images to prove that.

If this is also suggesting Alolan Sandshrew line is Moon exclusive, that could serve as a shout-out to the Johto games where the Ekans and Sandshrew lines were version exclusives, with the former appearing in (Soul) Silver and the latter in (Heart) Gold.

Also the name of the Fighting Pixilate ability doesn't really fit with the theme of similar abilities.

Ice is Refrigerate
    Fairie is Pixilate
    Flying is Aerilate

They all end in ate.

Years
    Making the GIANT assumption these are even real, I hope Jynx does not get left out of the Magmar and Electabuzz trio as it was in gen 4 :(.

Also, none of the Alolan formes have been of gen 1 pokemon with cross-generational evolutions. Certainly lines with a preevolution have been given a alolan form, like Raichu. However, it would be weird if Electabuzz and Magmortar get alolan forms and did not evolve or if it dropped the alolan form after evolution. I though GF was planning to completely avoid giving cross-gen pokemon alolan formes, so I am thinking this is unlikely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Also from that same page:

I think 7 PM JST is 6 AM EST but I might be wrong on that. I've tried to do my conversation the best I could but I suck at this. ;__;

That part of the rumor has to be false, because according to the Riddle leaker, Electabuzz and Magmar aren't getting Alola forms:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The game is finished and we have it, some have even completed it. It did not take long and most are back to playing world of Warcraft legion.
    Nice way to hint that the game is short. Any reason why you guys decided to go back to WoW and not some superior game though?

The secrets with the starters are that their evolutions can use any Z move. Their secondary types change depending on their stone- so the normally Grass-Flying Rowlet final becomes Grass-rock with the rock crystal.
    Wow what a secret! Too bad at Gamescom they confirmed that any Pokémon can use any Type Z-Move when they showed Pikachu using the Normal-Type one.

The ultra beasts are not aliens, rather they are they failed attempts of Pokemon cloning on Legendaries.UB-01 was the final attempt at cloning Mew after Mewtwo's creation by Team Plasma.
    You're telling me Team Plasma created Mewtwo? That wasn't Dr. Fuji way back in gen 1? I thought Team Plasma made Genesect instead?? Today I learned. (/sarcasm)

It was Colress' project to bring out Pokemon's potential, and when UB-01 was made he turned his focus to making them. They are obtainable technically through a 'quest' of sorts and a key item, but will never be usable in battle. UB-01 is indeed Lily, and is based on Colress' late younger sister.
    Pokémon Sun & Moon? More like Pokémon Black 3 & White 3 am I right? (/sarcasm)

Alolan Electabuzz revealed, new form looks similar to the pudgy Shinto god Ebisu

Alolan Magmar
    Electabuzz and Magmar?

Electrivire and Magmortar?

GEN 4 CONFIRMED??

Get your scarves and pianos everyone, we're going back to Sinnoh!!

In response to the alleged images of the starter evolutions: yeah they're totally gonna not show the middle stages and just skip to the final stages. 100% real 100% juice no artificial flavors.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Dear God, these fake leaks are terrible.

What happened to the good CoroCoro fakes like the one with that cactus owl which actually fooled Serebii? D:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Not surprising to see all these leaks so close to CoroCoro, more so for starter evolutions. Not only that but we're almost two months away to release, this is probably when the leaks will really start to get out of hand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back