• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Here's a sort of update on the leaks that were posted here a couple of days ago;

Spoiler:

The first sentence I hate, I hope Ash-Greninja stays in the anime (Wouldn't mind if they got rid of it there :p)
    The rest I can hardly understand, but I hate most of the leaks :(

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Huh, have we been speculating various secondary types for the starter finals evos for awhile? Any idea on what they'll be based on? Oricorio was based on the islands (right??) so are we thinking the same for the starters based on where they evolve? :o

You guys seem really in on the rumors, so I was wondering: do we have anything more on Hyper Training and Bottle Caps? I'm really eager to learn how to get BCs. I already know Mageana will come with the really high one (I have her QR code heheh), but what about other ones?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I am also not wanting split starter evolutions, especially if it is gender based. Imagine Combee.

Years
  • A freshly new leak has arrived:

Spoiler:

This gives us a total number of 104 Pokémon if true.

I love leaks! Even if they are fake (as long as they are believable enough). They get us through the hype season. Unfortunately, this seems to be off. There are no fossil pokemon? Unless rockruff or minior, likely not both as a pair, are considered to be the single fossil pokemon. That would be a bit disappointing. Though, the idea might be that Rockruff can evolve into basically four different types.

Years
  • Gonna share some of my thoughts here, spoilers below:
    Spoiler:

Anyways, I could have added more but this being the potential leak of the entire new Pokemon roster is definitely huge indeed. 109 also makes this the fourth-largest generation, behind Gens 3, 1 and 5 respectively.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Gonna share some of my thoughts here, spoilers below:
    Spoiler:

Anyways, I could have added more but this being the potential leak of the entire new Pokemon roster is definitely huge indeed. 109 also makes this the fourth-largest generation, behind Gens 3, 1 and 5 respectively.

Uh, Pinkie said 104. The 109 is another rumor than the one Pinkie shared. 104 will tie this Gen with Gen IV (Sinnoh remakes confirmed!)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Drampa being part of a two-stage line pretty much means it's not the pseudo-legendary, but since pseudo-legendaries are usually near the end of the dex and are three-stage lines with 600 BST makes me wonder what the pseudo-legend is then.
    #815-817 are supposedly our pseudo-legendary line.

Snohom and Snorror appear to be the snowman Pokemon that was mentioned in one of the recent leaks, Delfin and Porprise suggests our long-awaited dolphin Pokemon. Goruggla looks like it's the rugby monkey.
    And Cumbersum is our sea cucumber from the leak.

Malshadow (Marshadow) is Dark/Fire? That heavily contradicts the leak that said it was going to have a unique typing. Also, it appears we'll still be suffering the Poison Legendary hoodoo if this list is true.
    According to the leaker, Malshadow's ability allows it shift types.

And then there's this "Various" type that I guess likely confirms the split evolution rumor? Rockruff's evolution appears to have four different secondary types mentioned in the list. They appear to be Steel, Dark, Fighting and uh... Fairy or Flying?

Definitely Fairy as confirmed by the leaker. He also confirmed the types for other Pokémon with "Various":

Robinroot: Grass/Flying, Grass, Grass/Ground, Grass/Electric

Beltigre: Fire/Dark, Fire, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Poison

Sirene: Water/Fairy, Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Psychic

Weruff: Rock/Dark, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy

Porprise: Water/Ice, Water/Steel, Water/Fairy, Water/Dragon

Darline/Darwisker: the fabled breed cats. Normal/Anything.

Years
  • Uh, Pinkie said 104. The 109 is another rumor than the one Pinkie shared. 104 will tie this Gen with Gen IV (Sinnoh remakes confirmed!)

Guess it was an oversight on my part, and I'm sure 4th Gen had 107 new Pokemon.

Anyways, as the comments in the link said the legitimacy of this list will be determined if any of the names of currently unrevealed Pokemon show up in Friday's trailer. But that said, I'm really not going to be able to stomach the potential of split evolutions for Rockruff and the starters, even if it will slightly appeal to some people who don't like the leaked concept art.

And replying to Pinkie, it appears the starters and Rockruff do have split evolutions after all. Maybe this could be the first generation I actually box my starter in since I don't like the idea of it, but it'll come down to how the evolution is determined before I make a final choice on my future Popplio's fate.

Dark/Electric for pseudo-legendary's typing? That will make it only the third pseudo-legend to not be a Dragon-type, plus Dark/Electric is a unique type combination as well which would be nice.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I doubt every single pokemon would leak this early, but you never know I guess? I like some of the ideas, but also hate some of them :/

Years
  • I doubt every single pokemon would leak this early, but you never know I guess? I like some of the ideas, but also hate some of them :/

BW pre-release had a moment where the entire new Pokemon list was leaked before the game's release and Serebii was threatened with a cease-and-desist note. At least we know Serebii (aka Joe, not the site) may pick up on this but won't share it yet he'll still share his thoughts on Twitter.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    BW pre-release had a moment where the entire new Pokemon list was leaked before the game's release and Serebii was threatened with a cease-and-desist note. At least we know Serebii (aka Joe, not the site) may pick up on this but won't share it yet he'll still share his thoughts on Twitter.

Yes but that was a bit closer to release wasn't it? It seems rather early for a leek so big.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I feel like the "Various" type for the starters/Werewuff/Porprise are not really spit evolutions. Because looking at the list, there appear to be quite a good number of traditional split evolutions that are to completely different Pokemon: Bounsweet to Bountisteen/Bounsour, Parkoon to Flycicle/Hijacoon, Hydratom to Posatom/Negatom, and Guaroyal to Torgoyle/Forgoyle. With all of these being actual split evolutions, I don't think the "Various" typing is actually split. With that in mind, perhaps the type the Pokemon is depends on where/when it is evolved, or can be changed freely via some mechanic. What I'm interested in is if the secondary type is permanent, and if the secondary type significantly influences the design.

Overall, I feel like this list seems pretty solid. The Various type feature seems extremely plausible, and would probably be the 'secret' shared by Rockruff and the starters. Looking at the list, there seem to be a lot of interesting Pokemon/typings/evolutions, so I hope it is real!

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I personally hope Popplio-mermaid is real because we needed a more feminine looking starter; I don't think we've ever had that since...Meganium, maybe?

I personally prefer Meganium over the leaked starter [assuming its real] because Meganium doesn't look human in the least. If they get into uncanny valley territory with the 8th generation and have Nina as a starter, I'll laugh my way away from the franchise. We don't need Digimon.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So a comment on the smash thing:

Bi pedal or quad doesn't matter for smash reps. It's all in the moveset. A water type always has options for recoveries, such as waterfall, surf, etc.

Fire has options such as fire spin, fly, etc. If litten's was chosen, a fighting move could be it's recovery. Like little macs.

For Rowlet's, it could fly.

For poplio's, either surf, or any other water move could work.

Greninja's is hydropump so it doesn't matter much.

Pokemon reps are chosen based on popularity in smash.

Also that leak with random compilations is fake, it has the captains on the wrong island.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So a comment on the smash thing:

Bi pedal or quad doesn't matter for smash reps. It's all in the moveset. A water type always has options for recoveries, such as waterfall, surf, etc.

Fire has options such as fire spin, fly, etc. If litten's was chosen, a fighting move could be it's recovery. Like little macs.

For Rowlet's, it could fly.

For poplio's, either surf, or any other water move could work.

Greninja's is hydropump so it doesn't matter much.

Pokemon reps are chosen based on popularity in smash.

Also that leak with random compilations is fake, it has the captains on the wrong island.
    Except for Greninja, who was chosen before XY came out.

Wait, so the 'dex' is fake? (sorry, I've been out of the rumor loop).

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I'm wondering, maybe the starters have a different evolution depending on the version of the game? It would be a great way for Nintendo to sell both versions more, by giving the starter exclusive evolutions that way.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Here, I got some cool leaks from a Chinese media:
    *The anime's Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
    *Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
    *Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
    *Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
    *Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
    *Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
    *Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
    *The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
    *Furfrou gets new styles
    *New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
    *There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
    *Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter
    However, according to the original post, these information may still be taken as a grain of salt as there are no official confirmation and strong source that points to the actual data of these Alola forms. The final evolutions for the starter pokémon may be an indicator though as these information were from the same sources.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back