• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    A freshly new leak has arrived:

Spoiler:

This gives us a total number of 104 Pokémon if true.

811 Guardrake (DRAGON)
    812 Guaroyal (DRAGON)
    813 Torgoyle (DRAGON/FIGHTING)
    814 Forgoyle (DRAGON/STEEL)

These could be a new take on the fossil pokemon.. why do they really have to stay rock type? I know they are changing so much on us, but... really? and the one sounds like a gargoyle that could have a cool ability that is based off of day/night.

I am excited for snowman ghost.. if it is decent in looks and battle, it is so on my team.

And I have wanted a possum pokemon, so I hope it is not like skuntank.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    A freshly new leak has arrived:

Spoiler:

This gives us a total number of 104 Pokémon if true.

The thing that sticks out the most to me about this list is that there are no mythical Pokemon other than Magearna. It seems unlikely that we won't get at least another two on top of Magearna. (possibly even three if Magearna is like our Victini for this gen)

Although I guess you could argue that the leaker didn't have knowledge of them for whatever reason...

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I was just looking at the X and Y Pokémon leak and this Pokédex leak (hopefully) seems fake...

Years
  • While I think the leak is fake (just a personal opinion), the dual evolutions for many pokemon are interesting. What if your pokemon evolves into one form or another depending on which game you're playing? Instead of having game exclusive pokemon like in the past, these games might have exclusive evolution lines. That'd be pretty cool!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 104 would be a nice amount if true. Kalos only introduced around 70 iirc so that would definitely be a step up from that amount. I'd be happy with anything over 100 but I guess we do have to take into account the new Alolan Forms, similarly to how the Mega Evolutions made up the total number for Gen VI.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't believe this supposed "leak". When you read further in the 4chan thread, the OP says something along the lines of "Hey, look at me! I have incorporated stuff from earlier leaks, so what I say HAS to be legit!!"Yeah, I don't believe this supposed "leak". When you read further in the 4chan thread, the OP says something along the lines of "Hey, look at me! I have incorporated stuff from earlier leaks, so what I say HAS to be legit!!"Yeah, I don't believe this supposed "leak". When you read further in the 4chan thread, the OP says something along the lines of "Hey, look at me! I have incorporated stuff from earlier leaks, so what I say HAS to be legit!!"Yeah, I don't believe this supposed "leak". When you read further in the 4chan thread, the OP says something along the lines of "Hey, look at me! I have incorporated stuff from earlier leaks, so what I say HAS to be legit!!"

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd love for the list to be true. Some really exciting possibilities in there.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Here, I got some cool leaks from a Chinese media:
    *The anime's Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
    *Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
    *Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
    *Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
    *Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
    *Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
    *Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
    *The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
    *Furfrou gets new styles
    *New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
    *There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
    *Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter
    However, according to the original post, these information may still be taken as a grain of salt as there are no official confirmation and strong source that points to the actual data of these Alola forms. The final evolutions for the starter pokémon may be an indicator though as these information were from the same sources.

We've already covered this a few pages ago, especially on the speculation on the starters and Rockruff having different final evolutions.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Except for Greninja, who was chosen before XY came out.

Wait, so the 'dex' is fake? (sorry, I've been out of the rumor loop).
    And Sakurai said that when looking for a new Pokémon Rep, he wanted one that would be from XY. Game Freak gave him a list of ones that thought would be popular and greninja was chosen. So it to a degree was added for that reason, just not primary. As for that dex leak, definitely fake, because:

The thing that sticks out the most to me about this list is that there are no mythical Pokemon other than Magearna. It seems unlikely that we won't get at least another two on top of Magearna. (possibly even three if Magearna is like our Victini for this gen)

Although I guess you could argue that the leaker didn't have knowledge of them for whatever reason...

This, any leaker would know the mythicals if they know the dex. They were already registered to XY before they released so it be the same case here. Plus there are so many full dex leaks that are fake. And this already takes from accurate leaks, making it unlikely to be real. If it leaked before then, I'd consider it more, but I don't think this needs massive attention. Not a terrible dex though, it has interesting concepts.

Years
  • Here, I got some cool leaks from a Chinese media:
    *The anime's Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
    *Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
    *Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
    *Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
    *Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
    *Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
    *Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
    *The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
    *Furfrou gets new styles
    *New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
    *There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
    *Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter
    However, according to the original post, these information may still be taken as a grain of salt as there are no official confirmation and strong source that points to the actual data of these Alola forms. The final evolutions for the starter pokémon may be an indicator though as these information were from the same sources.

I'm pretty sure we already know of that leak, but according to the list there's a new cat Pokemon called Darline and its evolution Darwisker. That's what I believe is the cat that changes based on breeding.

Snohom and Snorror are the mentioned Ice/Ghost snowman Pokemon

Years
  • I actually hope this is really the pokedex...but it seems too good to be true.

Anyway, it's nice to have a leak we can easily confirm or deny upon the next pokemon reveal...likely on the 12th (so long at least one new pokemon is revealed).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I remember reading this being tied in with the Chinese leak from 4chan:

Spoiler:

I do think that has some credibility, most of these could well fit into the storyline somewhere. I'm mainly thinking AZ and Zinnia would be the most likely two to be returning but it would be great to see all of these back!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Curious as to how AZ would have anything to do with Alola at all. He was a major character in X/Y for sure, but what kind of relevance would he have in an far-off region like Alola?

Of course, this same argument can be applied towards any other NPC from any other generation, but at least with NPCs like Cynthia, Lance, and Blue, they can get away with it by saying they were traveling or are on vacation or something. AZ is too....specific to Alola, if that make sense?

My speculation is that AZ and Zinnia's purpose for their return has to do with Mega Evolutions, since they're both connected to the concept as whole (AZ being partially responsible for Mega Evolutions' existence, and Zinnia wanting to restore Rayquaza's Mega Evolution while believing herself as the chosen one). This made me believe that Mega Evolutions will only be available postgame, so the main campaign can have a large focus on Z-Moves.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is a fair point. My only concern is that while most other characters would fit in fine (heck I'd argue Zinnia would fit in more than AZ), AZ kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, and seems to be moreso a really, really, really plot-heavy character in X/Y that'd be weird seeing in some other game.

AZ's presence could also mean we'll be able to use his Floette in-game legally as far as the datamine codes from XY have indicated (Zygarde's unreleased signature moves were also present in SuMo).

Years
  • My speculation is that AZ and Zinnia's purpose for their return has to do with Mega Evolutions, since they're both connected to the concept as whole (AZ being partially responsible for Mega Evolutions' existence, and Zinnia wanting to restore Rayquaza's Mega Evolution while believing herself as the chosen one). This made me believe that Mega Evolutions will only be available postgame, so the main campaign can have a large focus on Z-Moves.

I do agree with your statement because we never got to see much of AZ in X/Y and given how many unsolved mysteries there are in Kalos, along with Zygarde presumably meaning Kalos and Alola may have a connection, we could see AZ at some point to finally finish his unsolved mystery. Also, like you said Z-Moves should be the focus of the main story while Mega Evolution returns in the postgame.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm kind of confused by this "Various" Typing used by the "full Dex leak." If there are alternate forms, it makes sense that they would all have different Types. But names like "Robingroot" or "Beltigre" makes it sound like, design-wise, all evolutions of Rowlett will be Robin Hood-esque, and all evolutions of Litten will be based on wrestling. I mean, would you really name a Grass/Ground burrowing owl with no ties to Robin Hood "Robingroot?" There's only so many Type variations you can give to such specific designs. Unless those names aren't finalized? Sirene really seems like the only name that gives you an idea of what it's based on (a siren) while still being general enough to apply to different forms of different Types.

Also, how dare they name one of them "Panquake." How dare they get my hopes up for a pancake Pokémon, and how dare it not evolve into a waffle.

Years
  • Also, how dare they name one of them "Panquake." How dare they get my hopes up for a pancake Pokémon, and how dare it not evolve into a waffle.

A waffle Pokemon that evolves into a pancake? If Vanillite's bad reception by most people who slammed 5th Gen was an example, I feel this is going to be the well-hated food Pokemon aka the Vanillite of 7th Gen.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    A waffle Pokemon that evolves into a pancake? If Vanillite's bad reception by most people who slammed 5th Gen was an example, I feel this is going to be the well-hated food Pokemon aka the Vanillite of 7th Gen.

No, no, a pancake that evolves into a waffle. Waffles, with their little squares, are the natural improvement of the pancake, since they have more surface area in the same size and shape, and therefore you can put more syrup into them.

And honestly, I don't care how people reacted to Vanillite. People's reactions to Emboar clearly didn't stop Game Freak from making Litten evolve into.... that thing, so it shouldn't stop them from making basically the best food Pokémon in existence, the pancake with its waffle evolution. Not to mention, Vanillite is super cute.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back