• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's talk about Gym leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I think they should get rid of monotype gyms and have other various themes.

here are some ideas-
    various weather gyms.
    a baton passer.
    a scary one with dark, ghost and poison.
    tough one consisting of rock, steel, ground and fighting.

Years
  • I would like to see a dark type gym and a bug type gym early on in the game, or even a psychic early on, I am fed up of rock type gyms all together now lol.. Also I agree with a few others here that the gym leaders should have more prominent roles in the game. It is pretty boring that you go in the gym battle the leader and thats that.

Rehanlarc

Rehanlarc
    Years
  • I think that almost all the games are great, but I wish they would incorporate a dark gym, and maybe make a new type, but that would be hard... I agree that they should have multiple types in a gym or make one gym offensive or defensive or something. I also wish that they would have the gym leaders more incorporated in the plot, like how the elite four master normally is. I overall think that it will be exciting to know new information, and also I was wondering if anyone would tell me where to get most of the information...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Spoiler:
    No water? :'( Though it's been used in every generation water is an important part of the world, and the pokemon world. With so many water types (and possibly even more new ones) shouldn't we have one? The ice gym leader could be water/ice.

Good list, but I think that a girl should be fire ever since I battled the awesomeness that is Flannery.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • As long as the first gym isn't Rock or Ground. It should be something that all the starters are neutral towards, but honestly I just want something new. And maybe a Dragon gym that could be early on.

Or maybe they could just put in 17 (18?) Gyms, one for each type, since I get the feeling they'll do at least something to change up the formula a bit.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • I do not want Gym Leaders. I know it's, like, 90% assured that Gym Leaders and E4 will return; but, I dunno, Game Freak said we'd be seeing a "whole new thing" that even we would say: "Is this really Pokémon?"; so I'd like to see a new thing. A new system.

Now, if gyms return, I'd love it if they are not monotyped. I hate it when just with my Machop I could defeat Whitney's Miltank and Clefairy pretty easily.
    I want variety, kinda like the McDonalds wannabe E4 on Diamond or Blue, I said "kinda" because it'd be cool if they were based on a theme. Cute Pokémon, baby pokémon, starter pokémon, jungle Pokémon, desert Pokémon, urban Pokémon... there are lots of things that could be made!

Edit: Ah! I got another idea. Maybe, you know, have a gym for all the types; and then you would get to a roulette or something and randomly get to challange a gym! It'd be cool.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • Well, I'm looking at some of the screens for B/W.

If you look at the current areas on serebii for black and white, you can get a better idea of what I'm thinking of.
    (I can't post links yet, because I'm a n00b, lol)

Hiun City - I think that this place could hold a flying or water gym. I say this because of the bridges name thats nearby(flying), water(that its a harbor)
    Town 2 - Ground type.
    City 1 - If Hiun isn't water, this has a high chance of holding a water type gym due to the canals.
    Factory - The town near the factory can hold normal, poison, or electric Pokemon. Most Pokemon in shady urban areas are these types.
    Forest - Town near this forest can hold bug or grass. However, like in R/S/E, this could just be a forest....
    Electric Cave - Town near this could hold electric...

So its Flying, Water, Ground, Posion, Normal, Electric, Bug and Grass.

I also see Dark being thrown in there somewhere as well, as its one of the only types that doesn't have a gym coverage.

For the Elite Four, I would like to see duel types for each E4, kinda similar to what they did in Jhoto.

1.Bug/Grass
    2.Psychic/Ghost or Dark
    3.Rock/Ground/Steal
    4.Water/Ice

5.Let this be like Gary. Have three different fights depending on your starter. I would like to see this champ hold a fight.

Also, let the champion have the ability to be seen around the region for random battles, and let his/her team switch around each fight, but a level increase until you have a team stronger than reds!

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • Eh puzzles, I don't mind them unless there the annoying Ice ones.

As for Gym types, I would love to see another one like Norman's in Gen III, you choose the type of trainer style you battle as you progress through to him, I also like his balanced fighting style.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • NO 1st ROCK GYM!!!

right, now:

1. Flying (there is nothing else that i havent put later on)
    2. Fighting
    3. Fire
    4. Poison
    5. Ground
    6. Bug
    7. Dark
    8. Normal

Elites:

1. Ghost
    2. Electric
    3. Rock
    4. Grass

though i can see why most early gyms were rock/grass/bug/normal because there are basically no other types you find earlygame except the starters

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I just thought of something...What if instead of a type of gym (Dark, Fire, etc) you have a species Gym?

Monkey Gym: Primape Family, Hihidaruma Family, Infernape Family, etc.

That might explain the Honeycomb map in the game... Bee Gym: Vespiquen as the main Pokemon...Maybe the first gym would be Combee & Vespiquen and maybe another Bee Pokemon like Beedrill...

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i think a rock or steel gym is in desperate need. brock and olivia didn't have much to work with in their respective version but now that they've been updated and there's more rock and steel types, they could cause some damage

Legend_X

.:Beyond The Legend:.
    Years
  • If anything, I'd like for there to be more than 8 gyms(like 14 or more) in the Isshu region so that way players can pick and choose which gyms they want to battle instead of having to battle the standard eight available. Though you would still only need 8 badges to get to the elite four.

I also completely agree with the dark gym leader addition and the terrain gym areas idea. ;D

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    There won't be a dark type gym. You can quote me on that.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • If anything, I'd like for there to be more than 8 gyms(like 14 or more) in the Isshu region so that way players can pick and choose which gyms they want to battle instead of having to battle the standard eight available. Though you would still only need 8 badges to get to the elite four.

I also completely agree with the dark gym leader addition and the terrain gym areas idea. ;D

I'm really liking that idea! Although, it would kind of botch up rematches of the gym leaders. I would love to pick and choose the leaders, which order i battle them in. Maybe even tiers of gym leaders. Say, first 3 require no badges, second few require a badge, next few require 2 badges, etc... you know?

Dark type.. PLEASE. Karen's all alone in her little world of only 2 Dark type Pokemon, and she doesn't even get to give a badge. If she's the 4th member of the elite 4, she's got to be powerful no? So why not put in another Dark member! Just so she's not alone at the Gym Leader Conferences...

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd like to see Gym Leaders with more of a back story like in the anime or a little like Claire had in GSC. I'd like to learn more about them leading up to the battle and possibly see them a little more after the battle itself. Speaking on the topic of types though, I think that there will be a Dark type gym which may possibly tie in with the Zoro's. The only Dark type leader of sorts, was Karen in the E4 again back in GSC. So it'll be interesting to see how the leaders pan out this time around.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I'd like to see the leaders incorporated into storylines as well and I too would like to see a dark Gym. I would NOT however like to see the dark Gym Leader have Zoroark.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back