• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    In fact people who oppose LGBT rights are actually liberals who claim to be conservative. A conservative is someone who believes in a small government and individual liberty.
    I'd say whoever claims to be conservative and opposes LGBT rights is just what they claim to be, given their long record of opposing LGBT rights. What you're describing sounds more like a libertarian anyway.

On the topic of outspoken fundamentalists, I know as well as you do that they don't speak for all religious people, but it seems like only the very worst of them ever get called out by their more moderate fellows. It pisses me off (and I'll bet a lot of other people, too) that people cover their hatreds in religion and then get all angry when their religion gets attacked. They brought religion into it. I'm not going to respect someone's religion when they've already debased it by mixing it with their hate and prejudice. I try to be respectful, and I'm sorry to the people who feel like their faith is being attacked, but I'm not going to roll over and take it when someone uses the bible as a weapon.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Ironically, the moderates the Freakylocz describes are better Christians than the fundamentalists that just take everything in the bible at face value and use it to impress their views on others. Moderates seem to actually understand what Jesus meant when he said, "love eachother as I have loved you."

As such a moderate, all I want is for atheists who've been disillusioned with religion by such fundamentalists to stop generalizing me with them. I'm not a conservative, but more of an anticapitalist libertarian

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Ironically, the moderates the Freakylocz describes are better Christians than the fundamentalists that just take everything in the bible at face value and use it to impress their views on others. Moderates seem to actually understand what Jesus meant when he said, "love eachother as I have loved you."

They CAN'T take everything at face value, though... And that's what is frustrating. The verses they pick and choose show what kind of person they really are on the inside. "Yeah, I'm going to eat all of the shrimp I want and shave my hair, but all homosexuals are going to hell."

A true fundamentalist is pretty much impossible. If one did exist, well, they would be an extremely boring person. They wouldn't be really homophobic either, having actually read their Bible. :o

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'd say whoever claims to be conservative and opposes LGBT rights is just what they claim to be, given their long record of opposing LGBT rights. What you're describing sounds more like a libertarian anyway.

On the topic of outspoken fundamentalists, I know as well as you do that they don't speak for all religious people, but it seems like only the very worst of them ever get called out by their more moderate fellows. It pisses me off (and I'll bet a lot of other people, too) that people cover their hatreds in religion and then get all angry when their religion gets attacked. They brought religion into it. I'm not going to respect someone's religion when they've already debased it by mixing it with their hate and prejudice. I try to be respectful, and I'm sorry to the people who feel like their faith is being attacked, but I'm not going to roll over and take it when someone uses the bible as a weapon.

Attack fundie groups like Westboro and such to your hearts content, I will have no quarrel with ye. I just don't like it when people make it look like this is what all Christians believe by attacking the Christian faith as a whole instead of just the groups or people you are at opposition with.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Ok I know I'm gonna get slammed with negative replies for saying this, but before I do I just wanna say the title made me laugh. Ok now on to my point, People are not born gay/Bi/Straight or any other way, its a choice. Now before u get mad hear me out... Ok so lets say a guy enjoys another guy, or a woman enjoys another woman and he/she really likes them and what they do together, doesn't mean they were born that way. Here is why, You like Ice cream, you might even love it doesn't mean you have to eat it. Also doesn't mean you should eat it. You weren't born with the taste for ice cream u were born with taste buds which over life do change, you may like corn growning up but in your adulthood you hate corn... My point is your not born with what u like your born with traits, and DNA and DNA cannot be gay/bi or whatever. You chose to be gay because you like it, you chose to be bi cause one encounter isn't good enough for you all the time. Being gay is a choice! Once gay people accept that they can accept themselves...

I respect gay people, I feel they are mistreated because they are different and people dont like different... So they pick on them, Dont wanna be picked on chose to be strait. Just cause u like something doesn't mean you have to do it or it will make u happy if you do, and if u believe I'm wrong that is of course your choice, as in being gay/bi. As you see we all make choices in life som bigger than others, but If ice cream could make me happy I'd eat it whenever life gets hard...

Last edited:
    Years
    Ok I know I'm gonna get slammed with negative replies for saying this, but before I do I just wanna say the title made me laugh. Ok now on to my point, People are not born gay/Bi/Straight or any other way, its a choice. Now before u get mad hear me out... Ok so lets say a guy enjoys another guy, or a woman enjoys another woman and he/she really likes them and what they do together, doesn't mean they were born that way. Here is why, You like Ice cream, you might even love it doesn't mean you have to eat it. Also doesn't mean you should eat it. You weren't born with the taste for ice cream u were born with taste buds which over life do change, you may like corn growning up but in your adulthood you hate corn... My point is your not born with what u like your born with traits, and DNA and DNA cannot be gay/bi or whatever. You chose to be gay because you like it, you chose to be bi cause one encounter isn't good enough for you all the time. Being gay is a choice! Once gay people accept that they can accept themselves...

I don't think anyone can just wake up and decide to like the same sex. That's not how it works, and your analogy doesn't apply to sexuality.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    No, no, no... You've got it all wrong.

Sexuality is a matter of what sexually turns somebody on. It is not a choice AT ALL. >_<

I can't believe people even argue this... It should be clear to all of us...

KingCharizard

Years
    No, no, no... You've got it all wrong.

Sexuality is a matter of what sexually turns somebody on. It is not a choice AT ALL. >_<

I can't believe people even argue this... It should be clear to all of us...

So if watching animals turns u on you should start giving it to the animal?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    So if watching animals turns u on you should start giving it to the animal?

That was totally not my point. I was saying that we do not control our sexuality. It is not a simple "want", it is about what turns you on.

For some people that maybe animals, but that situation is really not comparable to homosexuality because another homosexual can give their consent. An animal can not.

KingCharizard

Years
    Since when does bestiality compare to homosexuality?

I don't get it. :(

You guys are completely missing the point. You wanna keep believeing that you dont choose to be gay its up to you but scientific studies prove your not born gay... I wont argue because gay/bi and whoever else is different will never admit they chose to be a Gay(homo)Bi(Confused)Tranny(Well your screwed-This is actually a choice by the way.)

"We are who we choose to be"

I dont hate gay's or tranny's. I have a best friend who is kinda both but he/she knows its a choice he made in life. He'll tell you all the same thing. "Open Your Eyes" - is what he told me.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Well I'm afraid you're wrong.

I don't claim to know what causes us to be attracted to what sex we are, but I will tell you that I am 100% sure that it is not a choice. It may be a choice to ACT on the feelings, but to have them it is not. And I do not get why this is so hard to understand.

KingCharizard

Years
    KingCharizard, I have a question.

How much homosexual people do you know openly admit that they chose to be what they are?
    None of the bisexual people at my school chose to be bisexual, or so they claim.

One of my best friends did, He was gay then told all of us he was gonna become a she and asked if we cared... I didnt but my other friend was kinda creeped out...

KingCharizard

Years
    Okay. I want you to wake up tomorrow and have a sexual attraction to the same sex(if you aren't already). Then post here and tell me that you can choose your sexuality out of the blue. Until then, there is no "you choose to be a certain sexuality"

You're born that way, period.

I am not attracted to the same sex, My friend asked me to watch gay video I did and Told him that was the nastiest thing I ever saw, dont understand it but I still think he's a cool guy and I respect him still the same. Actually its how he came out to a few of us...

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I am not attracted to the same sex, My friend asked me to watch gay video I did and Told him that was the nastiest thing I ever saw, dont understand it but I still think he's a cool guy and I respect him still the same. Actually its how he came out to a few of us...

And that is your sexuality telling you that.

Congratulations. Now you know it's not a choice.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

I lol'd.
    But, sexuality is hard wired into your system. I don't think any people would be gay in North Africa or the Middle East if they actually had a choice.

Oh, and other gay animals. Do they have a choice as well?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back