• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Thank you for that very insightful post, Ms. Mini Mod.

I think I'm one of the few who don't think Fox is trolling at all. A difference of opinion is not trolling. Having a discussion based on a difference of opinion is not trolling. Sharing a difference of opinion isn't trolling. Peoples' reactions to these difference of opinions certainly do make it seem like he's trolling, however. But him being a retired staff member who kept their brain after leaving, I'm pretty sure he knows better than that.
    You're clearly wrong. Having a difference of opinion is fine - coming to a support thread for a minority and claiming you're being discriminated against for being in the majority? That's trolling and subversion. Be professional and don't let your friendship with a troll blind you to the truth.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I have been in the top set of every class i have ever attended, i do not believe have a minimal amount of posts makes me any less aware of what a troll is.

I'm in the top academic tier of my region, I don't think that makes me any less aware that you can't tell the difference between someone with a different opinion than yours and a troll.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'm in the top academic tier of my region, I don't think that makes me any less aware that you can't tell the difference between someone with a different opinion than yours and a troll.
    Stop arguing. Fox is a troll. Move on.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah, because I chose to be fat?! Who in their right mind would choose that? You think I haven't tried to lose weight?

I chose to be overweight as much as anyone here chose to be gay.
    I don't exactly understand why your claims are being dismissed by so many people. I completely understand where you're coming from. Not from personal experience, but from experience none the less. At least with the overweight statements. There are a lot of things that go on around me that are just dreadful to overweight people. I don't understand why Bianca would respond stating that you chose to be like that, because no body in their right mind would ever choose to be that, like you stated. It would be expected that some would really understand where you were coming from seeing as how they've lived through that. That's the same thing as saying "You chose to be a boy, even though you're identified as a girl." Or at least that's what I see it as.

Most people who are overweight go through a lot of torture do to it. Humiliation everywhere. When someone looks at them, they know they're overweight. The only people who actually have the same impact are transsexuals.

I have been in the top set of every class i have ever attended, i do not believe have a minimal amount of posts makes me any less aware of what a troll is.
    I agree with this statement. Just because someone has less posts and isn't a moderator and gets into an argument with someone who is and has much more posts than the other doesn't make them wrong. Being new to the community should not be a cause for disregarding their opinion. And from what I've come to know, so many people have different opinions on what a troll is. I get in arguments with other moderators all the time about what may or may not be a troll, or who might just be incredibly outspoken. So, AimayBee, please don't think that I'm saying "well, I'm a moderator so I know more about this than you do." because I don't believe that in the least. I just don't think he's trolling...

You're clearly wrong. Having a difference of opinion is fine - coming to a support thread for a minority and claiming you're being discriminated against for being in the majority? That's trolling and subversion. Be professional and don't let your friendship with a troll blind you to the truth.
    Don't assume that I'm letting a friendship with someone get in the way of my opinion. Just because I don't think he's trolling doesn't mean it's because he's my friend. I can understand you calling him a troll in the beginning, as I read his comments in the beginning where he said it wasn't right to have a thread like this when straights don't have one like this or something to that degree and yes, that was rather trollish, but since then (mainly recently), I don't understand how people claim he's trolling (with the exception of his attack against your pride). But considering the fact that I'm not the only one who finds that, considering Kon has been through arguments like this with him in the past and doesn't find he is in the least, I think it's rather obvious that trolling is more of a difference of opinion than a biased matter. So please don't question my professionalism and claim my opinion on this matter as biased just because he may be a friend – That's an assumption that I won't tolerate nor do I appreciate.

Anyway, I'll try to bring this topic back from an argument to a discussion of some sort.

I often fall victim to a lot of stereotypes. Whether it be because of my interests, or the way I conduct myself in public, or even on the internet. This has caused a lot of people to assume that I'm homosexual, which I wouldn't have a problem with if I was. But I really do not appreciate people labeling me like that. Not a label that's purely based on stereotypes of an alpha-male. But what bothers me the most is that the majority of the people who put that stereotype on me are homosexuals themselves and that's something I don't understand.

I'm incredibly open-minded, and in my opinion, sexuality is only so much in a relationship with someone. I'm speaking from my opinion, which is swayed often, so feel free to direct this coming comment. I believe that anyone can fall in love with anyone. Gender alone shouldn't limit the possibilities of anyone - straight, gay, or anything. In a way, I can identify with bisexuals greatly considering for a while, due to this opinion, I considered myself to be a bisexual. I can't see myself having a relationship with one of the same sex. Seeing as how I can't tell the future and I don't know if that's going to change, doesn't mean that I am ruling out the possibility of myself ever having one with another guy. Please don't get me wrong, I do believe sexuality is important and it's something that can't be changed no matter what someone tries to do to do so, I just feel like it's inferior in a relationship until it comes to physical activity and, even then, there's a chance that someone straight could find only one person of the same sex (if they were to ever fall for them based on personality and interests and whatnot, which I believe is possible) they can learn to appreciate the body of the other.

...That's incredibly confusing to read, so I can understand some people going "lolwut?" or shooting it down based on personal experience; which is much stronger than an opinion, but I just figured now would be a good time to derive from the madness that is the "he's trolling" and "he's not trolling" argument and actually discuss something that's actually dealing with sexuality.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Bianca Paragon said:
    This is where you should have infracted him, and let the matter go no further.
    If you believe that then you should take that up with Chibi or a higher staff member, not me. Considering the fact that I'm not the moderator of this forum, I don't have the ability to moderate posts within this forum, much less infract members in forums outside of my own. Aside from the fact that it's impossible for moderators to do that, if we could, it isn't my responsibility to overlook the posts within OC so I wouldn't have done it anyway.

I'd also like to point out that, so far, no action against him has taken place and a good amount of staff members have read this thread on and off since it began. I think that speaks for itself considering if someone who regulates posts in this forum (Chibi or a higher staff member) believed he was trolling, action would have been taken against him immediately. Especially considering the fact that you reported quite a few of his posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Wow, an ex-staff member gets given the blindeye when it comes to him being a troll? Perish the thought~

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
    It's hard to think of what to talk about after a mod posts something that big but i don't think this thread is just about sexuality, gender plays a role in LGBT, obviously more plainly in the T part but i think you are a little off with what you think this topic is entirely about...
    Please don't kill me, if i am wrong please correct me but i think this thread is about genner and sexuality not just sexuality as your post suggested, Modpersonthatisverynice. [please don't kill me]

I think LGB and T people have a mutual ground but can be conflicted in themselves, some LGB people may think T people are just a fetish aswell as some heterosexual people would...

And i also think Trans people have to go through more abuse than LGB people.

Just my thoughts.
    Aimay. <3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Please don't kill me, if i am wrong please correct me but i think this thread is about genner and sexuality not just sexuality as your post suggested, Modpersonthatisverynice. [please don't kill me]
    Read my last three or so paragraphs and you'll see I agree with you.

Wow, an ex-staff member gets given the blindeye when it comes to him being a troll? Perish the thought~
    As I said, don't take it up with me. I don't have any ability or responsibility to regulate the posts in this forum.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
    but I just figured now would be a good time to derive from the madness that is the "he's trolling" and "he's not trolling" argument and actually discuss something that's actually dealing with sexuality.

You did end with this though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's hard to think of what to talk about after a mod posts something that big but i don't think this thread is just about sexuality, gender plays a role in LGBT, obviously more plainly in the T part but i think you are a little off with what you think this topic is entirely about...

I think LGB and T people have a mutual ground but can be conflicted in themselves, some LGB people may think T people are just a fetish aswell as some heterosexual people would...

And i also think Trans people have to go through more abuse than LGB people.

Just my thoughts.
    Aimay. <3
    Actually there are those of us in the "T" field that believe that being associated with LGB doesn't actually help us at all. We're sorta lumped in with that movement but in doing so we do lose some of our own identity. Many formerly conservative groups that adapt to accept people of alternate sexuality still view us transfolk as freaks or sexual deviants ~ but the gay community are happy to take that as a "compromise". We're like a fringe-within-a-fringe. Pretty cool, huh?~

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Actually there are those of us in the "T" field that believe that being associated with LGB doesn't actually help us at all. We're sorta lumped in with that movement but in doing so we do lose some of our own identity. Many formerly conservative groups that adapt to accept people of alternate sexuality still view us transfolk as freaks or sexual deviants ~ but the gay community are happy to take that as a "compromise". We're like a fringe-within-a-fringe. Pretty cool, huh?~
    Transsexuality (Firefox doesn't say that's a word, but I hope you understand what I mean) is complicated for me to understand. Not so much as the reasons for becoming a transsexual, but the classification of what sexuality you are in terms of finding a partner of some sort. I realize that transsexuals identify themselves as the sex they become, but when it comes to being attracted to a sex... that just seems so confusing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Transsexuality (Firefox doesn't say that's a word, but I hope you understand what I mean) is complicated for me to understand. Not so much as the reasons for becoming a transsexual, but the classification of what sexuality you are in terms of finding a partner of some sort. I realize that transsexuals identify themselves as the sex they become, but when it comes to being attracted to a sex... that just seems so confusing.
    To be on the safe side, always figure a transperson to be the gender they're transitioning to. So if a boy becomes a girl (like moi) they're a transgirl; conversely a girl becoming a boy is a transman. The same goes with sexuality ~ if a transgirl identifies as being sexually interested in women, she's a lesbian. The interesting case tho is some transfolk only want to ente relationships with other transfolk; which while understandable from a "they 'get' me" point of view, is a recipe for disaster ~ we're usually pretty emotionally damaged (and those of us on HRT have the hormone levels of a teenager! XD)

Years
    The article said parents and staff. lern2read plz.

But since you're so quick on the mark, maybe you can give me some insight to why more people are bothered that one lesbian wasn't allowed to bring her date and wear a tux (she was still allowed) when all the special ed + disabled students were pushed into one hall? Surely that's a far bigger crime.

Ironic that you make a quip about someone learning to read, and then point out how "all" the disabled kids were "pushed into one hall". If you read the article, it says a grand total of seven people showed up to the "fake" prom, and only two of them were disabled in some way.

So, I don't see how this is a "far bigger" crime. The maliciousness is equal; people were left out of the prom because of a trivial factor. Being as this is a thread discussing homosexuality, and the fact that the fake prom existed solely to keep a lesbian out of the real one, you'd be foolish not to think it wouldn't be the main point discussed in this specific incident.

RocketExec.

Gleek♫
    Years

I don't think it particulary matters what sex a transsexual is attracted to, as that doesn't define the person. What matters is that they are comfortable with the sex that they choose to be, and they can like whoever they want to like, and every transsexual will probably have their own preference.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    To be on the safe side, always figure a transperson to be the gender they're transitioning to. So if a boy becomes a girl (like moi) they're a transgirl; conversely a girl becoming a boy is a transman. The same goes with sexuality ~ if a transgirl identifies as being sexually interested in women, she's a lesbian. The interesting case tho is some transfolk only want to ente relationships with other transfolk; which while understandable from a "they 'get' me" point of view, is a recipe for disaster ~ we're usually pretty emotionally damaged XD
    That makes a lot more sense. In the past, I've watched interviews to lower my level of "ignorancy" when it comes to transsexuality with people who are transsexuals and they identify their sexuality based on their biological sex. That made it very complicated for me to understand considering if they're basing it off their biological sex, what's the point in becoming a transsexual if you don't identify your gender of preference based on you're transitioning (or already have transitioned) to. Perhaps if it wasn't for that interview, I wouldn't have been so confused until I asked you about it.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
    Being trans myself i do know what is entailed with the entire T part... Even some of us within the umbrella term trans disagree on things...
    I do not like crossdressers [who have somehow been classed as a trans] since they are just acting and pretending to be something to get a sexual thrill out of it and even one umbrella strand has a sub catergory[is that spelt right] such as full time cd's...
    To be on the safe side, always figure a transperson to be the gender they're transitioning to. So if a boy becomes a girl (like moi) they're a transgirl; conversely a girl becoming a boy is a transman. The same goes with sexuality ~ if a transgirl identifies as being sexually interested in women, she's a lesbian. The interesting case tho is some transfolk only want to ente relationships with other transfolk; which while understandable from a "they 'get' me" point of view, is a recipe for disaster ~ we're usually pretty emotionally damaged (and those of us on HRT have the hormone levels of a teenager! XD)
    I laughed hard at the end of this... :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just because I don't agree with peoples views doesn't mean I like them myself. Sorry, but doesn't gay mean(male version)I want to have sex with you? I mean, that's all gay is once you break it down a bit. I would understand if they liked their friend a bit more than a friend, but the whole sex business....sorry, but that I'm against. It should be called something else....
    I agree with you... kind of. Like I said, I think sexuality plays a small role in a relationship. And when I look at sexuality, I find that it's the gender you would prefer sexually when you're in bed. I don't believe someone can change their sexuality, but I do believe that if a straight man were to find a man that he connected to, there is a chance that something can come out from that. One of my friends is going through a relationship like that. He fell in love with a straight guy, and that guy developed feelings for him as well. So, in a way, I think bisexuality (to one degree or another) is within everyone, whether they realize it or not. There's always that one person the opposite of what something you perceive to be a desire that can turn your world around.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    That makes a lot more sense. In the past, I've watched interviews to lower my level of "ignorancy" when it comes to transsexuality with people who are transsexuals and they identify their sexuality based on their biological sex. That made it very complicated for me to understand considering if they're basing it off their biological sex, what's the point in becoming a transsexual if you don't identify your gender of preference based on you're transitioning (or already have transitioned) to. Perhaps if it wasn't for that interview, I wouldn't have been so confused until I asked you about it.
    It's all a bit of a melting pot, really. Some transfolk do still go by their birth-pronouns, for example (like JohnnyBoy), however that's definitely the minority case. But at least if you address us by proper gender (and thusly base an assessment of sexuality terms on that), you're very unlikely to offend. Whereas addressing by birth gender will almost *always* offend XD Gender politics are fun, but TWICE as fun when transgender folk are involved!

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
    I don't get it. I may be Muslim, but still I don't get it. Why do people care about homosexuals anyway? I know very well that some of my parent's friends slept with each other at fifteen years old, supposedly an ILLEGAL act. They should've went to jail.

But, no they didn't. But the moment a grown man or woman likes another man or woman sexually or actually loves them it suddenly becomes a problem?

Just because I don't agree with peoples views doesn't mean I like them myself. Sorry, but doesn't gay mean(male version)I want to have sex with you? I mean, that's all gay is once you break it down a bit. I would understand if they liked their friend a bit more than a friend, but the whole sex business....sorry, but that I'm against. It should be called something else....

And why would some topic like this be in a Pokemon forum? They locked my killing thread, but they allowed this to accumulate over 1,000 posts?!?! And sexuality is worse.

I know you guys aren't really talking about gay sex and stuff, but still, gay and lesbian falls in that category. It's still sexuality, and if I remember there are ten year old kids on this forum...

I'm not so sure parents would be happy about seeing this thread either.
    Gay does not mean that. Gay actually mean Good As You, it was the homesual slogan in the marchs years ago.
    Gay men just love other men, some don't actually have "gay sex" They just fall in love.

Years
    EXACTLY!

Sexuality plays a role in nearly all relationships. (Of humans of course)

My girlfriend wouldn't be my girlfriend if I didn't find her sexually attractive...

Whether humans like it or not, we're sexual beasts. We like to have sex, and why can't we? We have organs SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT PURPOSE, but yeah. Although some people just have sex to have kids.

And relationships is true as well. If two guys like each other, would they be considered gay? I guess they would, but on a subconscious level.

So I guess everyone is a bit bisexual and homosexual....I mean, if a gay guy says that a woman looks pretty, doesn't that mean he finds her attractive?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back