• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    I didn't say it never happens, I said they're not any different from straight murders.

You dug that up on Wikipedia, but do you know how many school-shootings kill straight people as opposed to gays? That ratio would be roughly 10:1.

It's chance. Just because one kid doesn't like a resident gay doesn't mean ten more straights won't be killed just for being at school. In fact, there are probably more angry gays shooting up places than homophobics.

And yes, I can. If you find two or three more RECENT incidents like that and then tell me no gays have gotten angry and killed straights, I will concede. Until then, it is an exception.

Sorafune: I meant straight people shooting people specifically because they're gay.

Logan: No, but we do have to worry whether or not they'll talk to us, reject us, humiliate us, ect. Gays just have an extra barrier to the numerous ones everybody must face.

Right, sorry to bring back an older post but mate, what the hell are you on about?

In some countries its ILLEGAL to be gay. You can be LOCKED UP or KILLED for being GAY!!!! Just for liking the same gender. I'd like to see you go to a country like that and make out with a guy. THEN YOU'D BE DEAD!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

Don't believe me? read that. If you havn't noticed most of that is gray/yellow/red/orange.

Yellow/red/orange go from small penalties for being gay - to being killed.
    And the gray areas, thats countries where there is NO RECOGNITION OF SAME SEX COUPLES, why? Because they're probably too scared to come out of the closet or the LGBT Communities are underground because being LGBT is THAT discouraged.

I'm not gay or anything but seriously stop being so naive sir.

Years
  • Right, sorry to bring back an older post but mate, what the hell are you on about?

In some countries its ILLEGAL to be gay. You can be LOCKED UP or KILLED for being GAY!!!! Just for liking the same gender. I'd like to see you go to a country like that and make out with a guy. THEN YOU'D BE DEAD!

Don't believe me? read that. If you havn't noticed most of that is gray/yellow/red/orange.

And the gray areas, thats countries where there is NO RECOGNITION OF SAME SEX COUPLES, why? Because they're probably too scared to come out of the closet or the LGBT Communities are underground because being LGBT is THAT discouraged.

I love Canada a bit more now x]

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Right, sorry to bring back an older post but mate, what the hell are you on about?

It's actually pretty interesting how much can be bidgoted.

And that South Africa being totally same-sex marriaged, while everywhere else it's unreconigized or have a penalty.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

Wow. It seems LEDCs are seriously Anti-LGBT. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Haha :L nahhh but some sir's should stop being so naive. Living in the west being gay isn't always easy I guess, but living abroad in a country that kills you for it is something else. I've seen gay people get thrown food at, ive seen gay people get called names every time i see them. And this isnt every once in a while, its regularly.

Years
  • I guess we can't even imagine how bad it must be for LGBT people over there... I guess we have it seriously easy in comparison.

Yes, which is why there are groups to stop that evilness and why we must enjoy what we have over here

Kon~

Years
  • So true. I always try to tell myself not to take my life for granted, as some people have it worse than me (also a song by Tim Minchin) and I should enjoy the fact that my life is good.

Also, I disagree when people say I shouldn't feel good for what I have because others don't have it. I say, I should feel lucky that I do have them. :p

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    yeahhh exactly. I was stood talking to this gay kid, and these other kids started throwing sandwiches at the guy. I remember one of them being a bacon sandwich, WITH ONLY ONE BITE OUT OF IT. I mean, seriously, who throws a bacon sandwich away? they're lush. apart from if your veggie or vegan then you would throw it away. But i guess if you were veggie or vegan then you wouldnt have a bacon sandwich anyway...
    But still, thats harsh. Nobody can say gays arnt treated bad.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Haha :L nahhh but some sir's should stop being so naive. Living in the west being gay isn't always easy I guess, but living abroad in a country that kills you for it is something else. I've seen gay people get thrown food at, ive seen gay people get called names every time i see them. And this isnt every once in a while, its regularly.

it's actually pretty interesting how people who are bigoted don't see it in the point of the other person,

which actually brings me to some Twilight Zone:
    In an episode of the Twilight Zone, a bigoted (Lawyer, I think it was,) man who's hate was pointed towards Jews, Blacks, and Japanese, left a pub he was at and ended up back in Germany, during the Holocaust. He was treated a jew, and being chased by Nazis. He jumped off a building to find himself in a different area, being beat up by KKK members. They tied him up, saying terrible insults, and preparing to kill him. He escaped, and then was chased with cars, where he jumped into a lake. He then found himself in a rice patty lake, where soliders from the American army, who were killing all japanese they were finding, innoccent or not, threw a grenade at him. It exploded on him, making him fall to the floor in a transport to a concentration camp. Outside, however, he saw the pub he left, and started crying out for his friends who were just leaving the pub, but appearantly, they couldn't hear him. Even after he learned his lesson, fate decided to show him that even though he got the point, this kind of torment didn't stop for the people who were subjected to this prejudice. The transport drives off, with this vicious cycle, implied to keep happening to him.

Spooky but eye-opening.

Last edited:

Kon~

Years
  • yeahhh exactly. I was stood talking to this gay kid, and these other kids started throwing sandwiches at the guy. I remember one of them being a bacon sandwich, WITH ONLY ONE BITE OUT OF IT. I mean, seriously, who throws a bacon sandwich away? they're lush. apart from if your veggie or vegan then you would throw it away. But i guess if you were veggie or vegan then you wouldnt have a bacon sandwich anyway...
    But still, thats harsh. Nobody can say gays arnt treated bad.

If you were a veggie, you'd have Quorn bacon. But that's beside the point.

On the other side of what you're saying, bacon or no bacon, who throws a sandwich at a gay guy?! And why? So easy to catch and enjoy for ones self...

it's actually pretty interesting how people who are bigoted don't see it in the point of the other person,

which actually brings me to some Twilight Zone:
    In an episode of the twilight Zone, a bigoted (Lawyer, I think it was,) man who's hate was pointed towards Jews, Blacks, and Japanese, left a pub he was at and ended up back in germany, during the Holocaust. He was treated a jew, and being chased by Nazis. He jumped off a building to find himself in a different area, being beat up by KKK members. They tied him up, saying terrible insults, and preparing to kill him. He escaped, and then was chased with cars, where is jumped into a lake. He then found himself in a rice patty lake, where soliders from the american army, who were killing all japanese they were finding, innoccent or not, threw a grenade at him. It exploded on him, him falling to the floor in a transport to a concentration camp. outside, however, he saw the pub he left, crying out for his friends who were just leaving the pub, but appearantly, they couldn't hear him. Even after he learned his lesson, fate decided to show him that even though he got the point, this kind of torment didn't stop for the people who were subjected to this torment. the transport drives off, with this vicious cycle, implied to keep happening to him.

Spooky but eye-opening.

If that would happen to every bigot on earth, the world would be a much nicer place.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I suppose I should be glad I live in Canada, yeah. :3

I mean we even have the opportunity to adopt kids, even if it is a gay couple (I believe).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back