• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Losing touch with Pokemon...?

John Denver

Banned
Years
  • I used to be obssessed with it...cards, game, show, movies...all that good stuff...and then I grew up.

It happens with everything ya know? I mean I remember when I was obssessed with power rangers or muppet babies (WAY back when)

Now that I'm older, I'm not really into pokemon now at all. I do, however, still have all my old cards. And if a passer byer wants to battle, ya know I can't turn em down ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2005
    I Have been into pokemon off and on. I think what most did it for me was not being able to see the pokemon show sicne they got rid of Kidswb. I got back into it last Friday restarting my emerald (I got as soon as Best buy opened on the day it came out and when I restarted it I only had 14 hours!). Now I am having so much fun in emerald and the cut screens with the three legendaries and all the new hideouts and clashes is totally turning me onto it. but theres always a downside. I am totally lost in what pokemon I like. I no longer have a favorite pokemon or type and I am just confused. I got 8 badges and all I used is a pikachu and Sceptile. Just got to pass this phase or whatever it is and hopefully my liking of pokemon will have a huge flame.

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Man, I've been losing touch all through the years....

Let's see. When I first watched it, I was completly hooked to it. Everything was 'Poke'mon' to me, all the way up to 6th grade. (Neew Anthro and Sonic obsession began.) However, halfway through 6th grade, my interests for Poke'mon fell dramatically. The only thing I've done Poke'mon related was rarely playing the GBA games, every now and then organizing my 2,000+ cards, and being a Mod at a Poke'mon RPG. (Kyushu Region)

Now, 7th Grade came, and I just disliked Poke'mon. I kind of...started to critisize it. I got really tired of the repetitive episodes and I lost my all mighty database of Poke'mon in my head. I still do have my trading cards and the origional talking Pikachu. Inuyasha and Sonic were my main things...now it's Naruto and FMA. (All the way!) :3

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • Hmm.. I'd say..

1999: Pokemon Cards become popular at my school

1999 - 2000: I am hooked on building up TCG collection

2003: Actually got a GBA and became addicted to R/S

Early 2005: Wh00t for FR/LG

2005: Emerald rox my sox, plus joined PC, which only made my addiction stronger.

I've been a fanatic for like.. ever. o.o

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • XxWrestleMasterxX said:
    The Anime needs to STOP following the game,stick to a story,and hopefully end it. The Games have also gotten reptitive. I'm tired of looking at new "Pre-evolutions" in the next 6 years,there will be 1,000 pokemon in total.
    I think for weaknesses and powers, they should stick to the games.

But for plot, NOT follow the games!!!!! =o=|||

The anime is stupid, really IMO

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Well, I can't say my obbsession was nearly as high as it was back in the days of R/B, but I still love the games, and make a point of buying them. I currently am very excited for D/P. Though my love of the anime is pretty much dead, it just find it so bland and boring now, with its horrible writers and flat cardboard look. Also, once I found out about Netbattle, and how well people are at battling in the games, I've kind of given up on playing the games, and making new teams. I seem to have some strange inner philosophy that if I can't be the best at something such as that, then there is no point in trying. =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Now then...

Ages 5-10: I totally LOVE pokemon, even the Anime
    11: Now I'm not into so much, but I still watch the movies
    12:Still watch movies, but like Yu Gi Oh a lot better. I never touch my Pokemon cards anymore. I have occasional obsession spurts though, as usual. 0.o can't find my yellow or my crystal OR my silver versions. 0.o o.0

Duplica

Survivor of Cornwell
    Years
  • It sems that a lot of people have been through the same thing as me. At first, I was a huge Pokemon fan. But then later, my love for it died out, but recently, I regained it again. I mean, it's not as big as it was (I don't get too hyper when I think of Pokemon), but it seems to have grown in a different way. I seem to focus a lot more on the characters and stories more then I did when I was a tiny kid. Oh well, I guess that's maturity for you!
    PS: It's sad though, I haven't even watched a single season or played all of the games, so I don't know as much about Pokemon as other people.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I've completely and utterly lost touch with Pok?mon.

Back in elementary school, I was one of the most zealous Pok?mon followers, but middle school came around, and I was cut off for all intents and purposes. When high school came around, I started trying to get back in touch with Pok?mon, only to find that I was now a stranger in a strange land. I've been trying to piece together whatever bits of information I can find, but it's a daunting task for me. I still have my cards and my games, but I don't touch them anymore.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, my love for Pok?mon is STILL growing. Why? Well, I could probally it's because of these 4 factors:
    Nintendo - I'm a HUGE Nintendo fanatic.
    The Games - What? They're great!
    ROM hacking - Well, ever since I was a little baby, I wanted to make my own games, or make my versions of my favorite games. I remember when the Super Mario World cartoons were aired, and always wanted to make a special version of Super Mario World, based on the events in certain episodes. Samething applies to Pok?mon, I want to imploy some of the towns/events/etc. from the anime/manga in my hacks. ^0^

Also, the anime is good...before it gets dubbed. XD But the manga pwnz.
    I am aware I'm an adolacent who's a Pok?mon fantatic...but so are my friends. X3

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    For me. I liked pokemon when it came out. It increased during the years. I don't look into it much anymore. But I still like the theme. I used to like the show. I still do. But I am into the TCG series more and the manga. The rest. I don't really pay attention much to. But I still like it overall.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • I think I'm losing my love for making, just about a month ago I was making a Pokemon game, making fkae cards, talking on this forum constantly, checking up on all the latest Pokemon new, but, I dunno, it seems to be losing it's appeal......like The Fly maybe XD will rekindle my Pokemon spirit.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • I don't like it as much as before...but I still like it enough to buy the games and attend Pokemon Rocks! event. Also cosplaying is my hobby. I've lost touch with the anime though...it's repetitive.

I still love the manga dearly, Pokemon Special and Toshiro Onos drawings. I still play my Leaf Green game every night before bed. (=_=); And I attend Pokemon Rocks at all costs!! >_> Even a 2hour plane fight 2 states away and staying at a hotel!

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I agree, the anim? is very formulaic. ._.;;;; However, I still collect the TCG and play the games, and if the shop gets any Pok?mon manga in I'll be sure to buy it~

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • kohei said:
    1996: Play it at cousins house "WOW! This game is great!"

1998: Get a Gameboy, the first game being Pokemon Green version.

1999: Actually pre-order Pokemon Silver while in Japan. Gets it a few months later, and becomes really happy.

2001: Pokemon becomes lame to most people, including me.

- Huge gap -

2004: Looks at a fansite dedicated to Gardevoir. Love for Pokemon ignites again.
    Then, buys Emerald two weeks after it's release in Japan.

2005, now: I love Pokemon. I love Gardevoir.
    Not much obsessed as in 1998, but still love it.

My obsession definetly died a few years ago, but it revived again XD
    The way your obsession dies off and then comes back sounds somewhat supiciously like mine's. I remember starting to diss Pok?mon around the time A.G. came out (more precisely, around the time when the fifth movie, along with the details, was already announced, but I don't think it was shown even in Japan yet), for multiple reasons (maturity and Digimon (-_-;) was part of it) In 2004, I finally got a new computer (I had my old computer since the Windows 95 days, and it was never upgraded O_O) and the internet. I can't exactly remember the details, but I do recall somehow coming across this Pok?mon fansite called H***********'s **** (can't reveal the full name or the address) and seeing the Anti-Anti-Pok?mon section. I was rather shocked and disturbed by how people could hate something that is rather harmless to the point of passionate, and making up lies and associating it with things like Satanism, using violent and immature ways, and/or forcing people to believe in one side of view. At almost the same time, I came across deviantART (for completely different reasons though), and I discovered a huge community of Pok?mon and Sonic fanartists. Those two events reignited my interest for Pok?mon, although I try not to go overboard, like before.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • eX.A.K.R. said:
    The way your obsession dies off and then comes back sounds somewhat supiciously like mine's. I remember starting to diss Pok?mon around the time A.G. came out (more precisely, around the time when the fifth movie, along with the details, was already announced, but I don't think it was shown even in Japan yet), for multiple reasons (maturity and Digimon (-_-;) was part of it) In 2004, I finally got a new computer (I had my old computer since the Windows 95 days, and it was never upgraded O_O) and the internet. I can't exactly remember the details, but I do recall somehow coming across this Pok?mon fansite called H***********'s **** (can't reveal the full name or the address) and seeing the Anti-Anti-Pok?mon section. I was rather shocked and disturbed by how people could hate something that is rather harmless to the point of passionate, and making up lies and associating it with things like Satanism, using violent and immature ways, and/or forcing people to believe in one side of view. At almost the same time, I came across deviantART (for completely different reasons though), and I discovered a huge community of Pok?mon and Sonic fanartists. Those two events reignited my interest for Pok?mon, although I try not to go overboard, like before.
    Man, your case is similar to mine, minus the Anti-site though.

Years
  • I have kinda finished with the games and animes, and on forums like this I mostly post on other subjects. But I do still participate in a Pokemon RPG on another forum, and I also Netbattle occasionaly.

Years
  • A long time ago : Saw the first episode of Pokemon. I've found happyness.
    2003 : Got R&S. Never been so hooked up on pokemon.
    2004 : Got Leafgreen. Not nearly as much fun like I used to have.
    2005 : Got Emerald. Beginning to like it again.
    Now : Never have I been so bored with Pokemon. One step away from hating it.

Back