• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
  • Map Name: Aureo Hamlet
    Hack: Pokemon Vanguard
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Looking for a more laid back project, I've decided to put Aether on hold as it takes up too much of my time for too little progress. This is a small litlle Hamlet nestled to the larger tribal village of Lake Aureon. Your player extended relatives lives here as you go for a little time away from the city.

Credits: TB Pro for his arrangement of tiles in his project mustang, Kytomonian for the water, Newtituef for the houses, and the other various artists that I do not know there names >_<
    wow that's a really great map I like your maping style preety unique,anyway the bridge tile is preety ugly,so I suggest you to change it,but in other thing this map is awesome 8/10 because of the bridge....

Aipo

Catch that Aipom!!!
    Years
  • Map Name: Pewter Canyon
    Hack of: Leaf Green
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Comments: It's actually some kind of a River/ Canyon place located West of Pewter City. I only started mapping 2/3 days ago so it's probaply really basic. but I think it is pretty good.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Map Name: Pewter Canyon
    Hack of: Leaf Green
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Comments: It's actually some kind of a River/ Canyon place located West of Pewter City. I only started mapping 2/3 days ago so it's probaply really basic. but I think it is pretty good.
    The map itself is not acceptable. The mountains and the grass is not meant to be placed like that. I'm sorry, but try reading a mapping tutorial or look at some maps in this thread with a high rating.
    I'm giving you a 2/10 for the lovely river shape.

Hey there! So...I recently started Colossal again, and I posted this:
    Spoiler:

Name: Pinapink Town
    Hack: Colossal Version
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Comments: PLEASE READ: 1st real town in Colossal;You come from the top side of the map; The rightmost pink house is a "newly made" Pokemon Breeding House, so this explains the fences.The fences have to be by the pond, becouse rare pokemon are found here.
    Credits: Kyledove, Pokemon-Diamond, Alucus.
    I don't think mountains should go into trees like that :\

Last edited:
    Years
  • The map itself is not acceptable. The mountains and the grass is not meant to be placed like that. I'm sorry, but try reading a mapping tutorial or look at some maps in this thread with a high rating.
    I'm giving you a 2/10 for the lovely river shape.

I don't think mountains should go into trees like that :\
    Well it's a new set out, also it's different which is good.
    I think this map is awesome, there's a lot of space, and it's house placement is good too. I got to say that the tiles are very well inserted. 7/10 for me. :) well done!

Aipo

Catch that Aipom!!!
    Years
  • it's a new set out, also it's different which is good.
    I think this map is awesome, there's a lot of space, and it's house placement is good too. I got to say that the tiles are very well inserted. 7/10 for me. :) well done!

Thx I'm still trying new thingsout, but I like that people appriciate my work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    This is my first real map. I know about the grass/pavement tile errors, and I'm working on fixing those. I don't know if I'll have to insert custom tiles for that or not.

I'm going for a old/dilapidated city look, so I tried not to put in too many buildings. Most buildings are abandoned, and I'm hoping to insert some "damage" tiles in at some point, to show broken windows, collapsing roofs, etc.

Without further ado:

http ://i126.photobucket. com/albums/p114/DarkSol01/Map1.png

(remove spaces.) :(

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    This is my first real map. I know about the grass/pavement tile errors, and I'm working on fixing those. I don't know if I'll have to insert custom tiles for that or not.

I'm going for a old/dilapidated city look, so I tried not to put in too many buildings. Most buildings are abandoned, and I'm hoping to insert some "damage" tiles in at some point, to show broken windows, collapsing roofs, etc.

Without further ado:

http ://i126.photobucket. com/albums/p114/DarkSol01/Map1.png

(remove spaces.) :(

it is empty and square. also tile errors behind scyscraper and some houses, i give it 1/10.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Map Name: Aureo Hamlet; Boreoa Meadow
    Hack Of: Fire Red
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments:A combined improvement of my last map. This is two maps, respectively named. This is for Pokemon Vanguard, my newest and grooviest project. To the left out of Aureo Hamlet eventually leads to the perilous Mt. Hiesen, and at the top where the cheiftan of the tribe is (*spoiler alert*) Up to the top right leads up to the east side of Lake Aureon. I have yet to decide what going right leads to >_<

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Map Name: Aureo Hamlet; Boreoa Meadow
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments:A combined improvement of my last map. This is two maps, respectively named. This is for Pokemon Vanguard, my newest and grooviest project. To the left out of Aureo Hamlet eventually leads to the perilous Mt. Hiesen, and at the top where the cheiftan of the tribe is (*spoiler alert*) Up to the top right leads up to the east side of Lake Aureon. I have yet to decide what going right leads to >_<

it looks good, but i think the bridges look ruin it a little 9/10.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Map Name: Alis Village
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Wow another map, and my other ones haven't been rated yet -__-. Rates please?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Map Name:Valencia Island
    Hack: Pokemon The Power Of One
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

info:this is the starting town for my hack,valencia sland will be divied into 3 parts:starting town,route,and a little town after the routh
    Uh-oh, I see a lot of empty space there...Also ,the sideway stairs could be one tile higher from the left, in order for it to look like "it continues". Put more trees, they're free, after all :P

5/10.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • Uh-oh, I see a lot of empty space there...Also ,the sideway stairs could be one tile higher from the left, in order for it to look like "it continues". Put more trees, they're free, after all :P

5/10.
    thanks this is my first original map,so I'll add more trees no problem :P

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Map Name: ????

Map Game: Sienna

Comments: Hope harry likes this map ._.'

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I know you're going for the "Nintendo style" mapping, but don't you think you're overdoing it just a bit?
    For example, the paths are wide at some points.
    At the bottom left corner, it also gets really square. I don't mean nice squere, but the annoying square.
    The boilding wasn't supposed to be structured like that.
    There is a tile error at the lake's bottom left corner.

Try addidng some free trees, interesting shapes of paths. And again, make the paths a bit more narrow, not so wide.

6.5/10

EDIT: Just noticed, tree shadowing. This makes it 5/10

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
    Years

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

The previous rating pretty much hit the important points, so I'm just adding on and clarifying some more. Yes, it is -too- nintendoey for a few reasons.
    Space. A little bit too much of it, I think, even for a Nintendo map. Places such as the bottom left corner and the center patch could be filled up a bit more, either with more trees or tall grass or whatever. Some portions of the top pathway could be narrowed down a tile or two.
    Squareness. A nintendo map isn't natural, but that doesn't mean it has to be rigidly square either. Round off some corners, add in some free-standing groves of trees, and you already have yourself a much better kind of squareness. Add a little knob or two to the right side of the pond to take away the "perfect" rectangular shape. Again, nintendo isn't always geometrical.
    Errors. This doesn't apply to the nintendoey thing, but it's something else to pay attention to. While I disagree with the previous rating about the building (it doesn't HAVE to be used the same way as it was originally designed. that's what makes it interesting), the trees by the water's edge are obvious errors, as in the patch of grass next on the left of them. I'm no expert on tree shadows myself, since I don't use them, so I can't really comment on that.

Overall, I suppose it's an alright map. Nothing too special. You tried to spice it up a bit with a pond and a ledge, which is good, but some aspects of Nintendo-style mapping were overdone a bit. Just fix those up and you'll have a pretty decent forest map.

Final rating: 6/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back