• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • Ok...no one looks at the page before and the only reply I got was "It's awesome!" so...here it is again...
    First floor of a mountain...

Map Rating/Review Thread

And...another one. A peninsula.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Yeah, so...just rate them please!

Years
  • Ok...no one looks at the page before and the only reply I got was "It's awesome!" so...here it is again...
    First floor of a mountain...

Map Rating/Review Thread

And...another one. A peninsula.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Yeah, so...just rate them please!
    the shape of the cave *i love it* its really good but i think you should put a bit more rocks i give it 10/10 well done

the second map a bit small and i love them little cliffs and its near a beach whoo i give it 8/10
    them maps are really good

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • remember this map i posted on the last site?
    Spoiler:

Ive edited the Tileset a bit and adjusted thee map, ratings plz:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

This time i made the mapshot without events, just sayin this cause some people might wonder where all the trainers went^^
    the new grass and trees are made by PHO, credit goes to them
    btw im currently editing that crater thing cause i find it ugly^^ pls rate the map without it, cause otherwise i have ti upload the new image again

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    hey Neti, the new maps great! However can you take a few of the small rocks? There still are too much in one place! (Bottom Right Corner!) The grass fits in and it is a great desert route that blends everything within together!

Rating: 9.9/10

Anyway, can anyone rate my map? Its already been posted for a hack that I'm helping on, but can it be improved?

Name: (Name Here) Forest

Description: A forest.

Comment: Can anything be improved? Can you rate it too please?

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • hey Neti, the new maps great! However can you take a few of the small rocks? There still are too much in one place! (Bottom Right Corner!) The grass fits in and it is a great desert route that blends everything within together!

Rating: 9.9/10
    The many rocks are supposed to be all at one spot, theyre blocking the entrance to crossbone graveyard. that entrance is a bit like a canyon and so there are many rocks

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you for clearing that up Neti. I still stand by my statement of too many rocks, but I now know why that is. Can anyone rate my map still?

Description: A forest

Comments: Can you rate it please?

Last edited:

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • please don't attach the image, put it in image tags.
    Thank you for clearing that up Neti. I still stand by my statement of too many rocks, but I now know why that is. Can anyone rate my map still?

Description: A forest

Comments: Can you rate it please?

Spoiler:

like that.
    oops, 7/10 - EDIT

anyway, its actually, quite good.
    I like how it bends round, forcing you to follow it, but there are a few things I suggest you do.

I suggest you change how it is too square, how the trees are at a right angle, doesn't look real.
    Also, with the grass, don't make it as a rectangular shape, like in the middle.
    3: Not all of the space has to be filled, klike in the bottom right corner, leave some blank grass tiles.
    Last: Too many signposts! Too many, and too many cramped up together. Try moving some around the map, and maybe remove a few.

Last edited:

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Map Name: Rotel Town.

Map Game: FireRed.

Comments: Just Rate it. Thanks. ^^

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

um...im not a pro at mapping but...this map looks sort of...blank.

a lot of it is square which never makes a good map. those trees are at a perfect / so its not a good set up. a sugestion from me would be to take out the bottom three trees, move the mart to behind the pokecenter (Cuz that REALLY looks blank) and put up a big building or sky scraper just to give it a little more...city look.

around...6.5/10 its too blank!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Name of Map: Route 24

Screenie:

Spoiler:

Comments:

Part of my hack, I just finished it today, and I have to say...I am proud of it!
    Please rate, I'll accept ratings from 10 or higher! :P

P.S. I made those GSC headbutt trees myself ;)
    P.S.S. I did not use that guys RomBase, I only took some tree and path tiles...

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 24

Screenie:

Spoiler:

Comments:

Part of my hack, I just finished it today, and I have to say...I am proud of it!

Great map!
    I love the tiles and palletes, the trees look great! The placement of them rocks too! I like the way the mountain starts off rocky, and then turns to grass, its cool :)
    I give it a 10/10, there is honestly nothing wrong with it and it looks great!

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Name of Map: Route 24

Screenie:

Spoiler:

Comments:

P.S. I made those GSC headbutt trees myself ;)
    P.S.S. I did not use that guys RomBase, I only took some tree and path tiles...

Hey cooley!
    Lovely map! i love the tiles and also the palettes.
    The unique thing I see wrong with it is about the rocy path after you climb the stairs. it should be other tile unless you make a grass-rock connection. :P
    By the way, you should also insert some grass (pokémon) to it.
    Anyways, I rate it 9/10!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No map ratings for now.
    alright, i have found a new tree tile that i loved.
    Map name:Skull woods
    Game:Firered
    comments: I named it skull woods because to me, it looked like the trees resembled skulls.
    Spoiler:

Credits To Alistair and PHO for the trees

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    No map ratings for now.
    alright, i have found a new tree tile that i loved.
    Map name:Skull woods
    Game:Firered
    comments: I named it skull woods because to me, it looked like the trees resembled skulls.
    Spoiler:

Credits To Alistair and PHO for the trees

Rating: 7/10
    Reason: I get the feel that the mountains don't belong in there. And the trees on the top of your map is in a line and pretty square compared to the other places..

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Rating: 7/10
    Reason: I get the feel that the mountains don't belong in there. And the trees on the top of your map is in a line and pretty square compared to the other places..

Yeah, i was trying to make it better, but the connections would screw up.
    and i just hate maps without rocky tiles in them.
    i also had the feeling that it was too empty to be a forest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Name: ?
    Rom: Firered
    Its the starting town.
    Comments:
    I made half of it at like 3 in the morning and woke up and finished it.
    Its like my fifth map.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
  • Map Name: ???

Map Game: FireRed

Comments:
    I literally started mapping last night. LOL. So I don't have any custom tile sets for the fact that it wasn't until this morning I learned how to edit them to try to fix a problem. (Which wasn't fixed, hah.)
    This town is ment to be very nature 'secret stuck in the woods' town even if it is big. Thus there is not defined routes out of the town. The second one is only a square big, but I actually havn't made the route for there yet.

Mapshot:
    :o Clicky

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back