• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Map Name: Route ?
    Map Game: RPG Maker XP
    Comments: I've made a map, a big map and I spent a lot of time into it. Hope you like it, because in another forum, it was criticized.

Map Rating/Review Thread

In a link, because it is a huge map.

On-Topic:
    1 Word, WOW. 10/10, perfect map and I don't see anything wrong with it (ignore those bad comments, I think it is excellent).

Off-Topic:
    Oh and the game development really should have its own map rating thread to prevent people mistakenly placing their maps in this thread.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    On-Topic:
    1 Word, WOW. 10/10, perfect map and I don't see anything wrong with it (ignore those bad comments, I think it is excellent).

Off-Topic:
    Oh and the game development really should have its own map rating thread to prevent people mistakenly placing their maps in this thread.

Well then make one, silly.

[ontopic] That map is amazing Amazing, very detailed and the feature that I like most is the Playability.
    Great job!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Map Name: ??
    Rom: Fire Red(German)
    Credits: Kyledove, wesleyfg, Hackrex
    Comments: It was very hard to create this map... Maybe its the hardest map i ever made(sorry for bad english^^)

View attachment 45969

Comment: It looks really nice for a route. The complexity and the naturality is nice.
    Rating: 8/10
    Suggestion: nothing, I guess...

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I have to agree with DJG,the map is really cool.
    rating: 9/10

i think it's ok,you don't need to add anything.

NatureKeeper

Rom: Fire Red(German)
    Credits: Kyledove, wesleyfg, Hackrex
    Comments: It was very hard to create this map... Maybe its the hardest map i ever made(sorry for bad english^^)

View attachment 45969

Rating: 9.5/10
    Reason: I believe this map is one of a kind
    Comments: Are you sure this is FireRed? It kinda reminds me of Platinum's Graphics Rendering, Seriously, Great Job~

~NatureKeeper

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oksies.

You guys gonna rate a Fire Emblem map? Only do so if you've played FE. >_> I don't want people rating me down for tile errors when there aren't any. The tiles don't match.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Oi, Disturbed, give me a ten because mapping in Mappy is much harder than in A-map.

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
  • Oksies.

You guys gonna rate a Fire Emblem map? Only do so if you've played FE. >_> I don't want people rating me down for tile errors when there aren't any. The tiles don't match.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Oi, Disturbed, give me a ten because mapping in Mappy is much harder than in A-map.
    Gotta love FE~

Rating: 9/10
    Comment: I think I can see one Map Error, but hey, you can barely notice it. Very cool indeed.
    Suggestion: Could I maybe see your enemy placements?

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Nice, that is a well done map, although the mountains need a little work even though they are so dam hard and the fort in the mountain is a bit strange. Also the bushes up the top are double bushes I think they have another bush to connect with them
    7.8/10

Gotta love FE~

Comment: I think I can see one Map Error, but hey, you can barely notice it. Very cool indeed.
    It is a lot harder to show enemy placements in FE than Pokemon, you need to play it in the game and take screenshots then assemble them into the map shape.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • So, I decided to give another go at hacking FireRed and here is my first city:

Map Rating/Review Thread

well, its ok,but i dont like the pallette and i think the map is maybe "too symetrical" and theres a tile error

pallette:3/10
    tiles; (havent changed so i cant rate)
    overall: 5/10

sorry for the bad score :( but i can help you improve if you want?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    So, I decided to give another go at hacking FireRed and here is my first city:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Right then, lets see. There are a few errors, like the Pond's bottom 2 corners, and a bit on the river when near the bridges. Also, it seems too square and like D-SHADE said, symmetrical. Too much free space, the path is too thick at some places for my liking. I like the flower's pallette though, but try making the town less square, and more natural looking.

I give this a 5/10, I'm too kind sometimes.

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
  • Right then, lets see. There are a few errors, like the Pond's bottom 2 corners, and a bit on the river when near the bridges. Also, it seems too square and like D-SHADE said, symmetrical. Too much free space, the path is too thick at some places for my liking. I like the flower's pallette though, but try making the town less square, and more natural looking.

I give this a 5/10, I'm too kind sometimes.

And if you look at the small trees around the flowewr paradise, you see one is dfferent.
    And if you compare teh different one to the normal ones, I should replace them with the different ones :)

So try to use the dvise given and I know you can do much better ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Gotta love FE~
    It is a lot harder to show enemy placements in FE than Pokemon, you need to play it in the game and take screenshots then assemble them into the map shape.
    Exactly what I was going to say. I normally do enemies as a spur of the moment thing when writing the coding.

Oh, and who shows their events when mapping in Pokemon? It spoils it, doesn't it?

Yeah, I realised there are a couple of tile errors, mostly involving the trees and fort on top (There's a better tile. >.<)

Dratii, they use forts in mountains in FE7... :\

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Oksies.

Spoiler:

COMMENT: That map looks cute. <3
    RATING: 8/10
    SUGGESTION: I don't have FE so I can't really suggest anything... :\ :P :D

So, I decided to give another go at hacking FireRed and here is my first city:

Spoiler:

COMMENT: It's too square...
    RATING: 3/10
    SUGGESTION: The map's too square. Everything's too aligned and a lot of useless spaces... Try and read some mapping tutorial located in the Documents and Tutorials and read some mapping tutorial there.

hinsburg

Confused
    Years
  • Messed around in Gold Map a bit and came up with this redesign of New Bark Town. Nothing too special.

Map Name: White Town
    Map Game: Pokemon Gold Hack Of Awesomeness
    Map Rating/Review Thread

I might try tile editing later and see what I can come up with. (I just learned that the word editing only has one t. Fun.)

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • -Is angry-

Why is your map so much better-looking than mine? >:[

It's very impressive. The mountains are pretty good, just the top tile looks too bright and they are some problems in the way the split moves. Or, well, there's something that looks better.

9/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back