• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maximum Ride: Power Sprint [PG-14] OOC

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Right, y'know what? Everyone is taking this Raven thing way out of hand. The fact remains that Raven IS the strongest mutant. Her strength however, is accompanied by her need to be alone and inability to control herself, which makes her just as flawed as the rest of the mutants.
At the end of the day, someone has to be stronger, otherwise there's not really a story. Zerin's character is actually my favourite, because she's thought about the difficulties that accompany being so strong. She's made it clear that it's not to be admired, and if anyone tries to compete with it then it makes their character a little bit too good. I for one trust Zerin to use Raven responsibly and without God-modding, so perhaps the rest of us can get on with the RP knowing that there is someone, God forbid, who has more power?

Heck, maybe you could incorporate it into your own story. Make your character jealous of Raven, make it as if your character doesn't understand that she can't control herself. All our characters need flaws. Find yours.

... Sorry to anyone who has no problem with Raven or Zerin, this is aimed to those who believe we should all be exactly the same. Which kinda negates the point of a MUTANT RP.

:)

Oh, and can I have some feedback? :D Even though I probably just pissed half of you off...

Thanks Arcaray! Although, with your constant use of "her", I'm not sure if you referred to Raven or Myself... I am a guy, in case you didn't know.

Anyways, I'm glad someone understood the necessity of my character, and the overall meaning behind it. I do appreciate the praise, and I'm glad someone favored her. :D

As for groups, we have to keep a ton of things in mind.

Firstly, where will Raven join? If it hasn't become totally obvious by now, she's insistent on staying alone, for fear of others' pain or death by her (uncontrollable) hand. So, if she were to join either group, someone or all of them would probably force her (maybe not force, but just find some way to convince her. However, "We'll be fine" just makes her look at them with that "Are you kidding me?" expression). So, that's pretty much up to everyone else.

And forming two groups? Well, this becomes totally dependent on the purpose of each group. What or Who are they after? Where are they headed? What is their group? Are they simply trying to live a 'normal' life, or trying to find the school? Are they looking for a cure to their powers, looking for revenge against the ones who mutated them? Maybe they just want some place to live scarer-free?

Our goals have yet to come to light in this RP.

Raven's is to simply live alone, in peace, with no scarers, and no close friends for her to accidentally kill.

A sad thought came to my head... It's as if she were Lennie from "Of Mice and Men"... Anyone read that? Lennie was, well, a bit mentally handicapped. He would pet mice he found all over, but he was always too rough and kept snapping their necks and killing them, yet he kept petting the dead mouse.

~Now, some cheerier point.

I can just imagine Raven being a perfect Anime character, getting pissed off at someone, her head becomes 20 feet tall, pure red or white angry eyes, sharp teeth and fire-breathing while at someone, "I DON'T HAVE MOOD SWINGS!!" and flailing her arms furiously.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Oops, I didn't realise you were a guy, Uhh sure... I was referring to Raven...
Sorry! I should pay more attention. :P

I think that the general feel at the beginning is for us to survive, where the Scarer's wish to kill us. However, the plot states that it is up to us to tell the School that killing us will doom humanity or something. So eventually, we'd all go to the School and try to make some peace, I guess?

As Apolla knows Jamie and Jamie knows the secret, Jamie will probably tell her and then both groups will have a similar goal. Whether we combat it together or still separated is the thing that we've got to decide.

And nooo! Don't compare yourself to Lennie! I don't want any of us to shoot you in the head...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Right now, Raven is just sure she's going to keep being alone. Someone may just drag her along XD Though, that would make her angry. Fire bad! Fire bad!

Actually, I found it somewhat endearing that I was mistaken for a girl; it makes me feel like I succeeded in creating a female character.

And the difference between Lennie and Raven is, well... Shooting at her would only A, freak her out (Lightning), or B, make her furious (Fire!). Would not end well.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
If you are leaning towards a certain group, Apolla-Storm-Kit are one man down, so it would helpfully even numbers out!

Storm's jealousy would make things interesting, as would Apolla's lack of trust, but perhaps Kit could invite you and then Apolla would be forced to deal with it.

We also have water, fire, wind and healing, so your outbursts may be somewhat simmered. :D

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
shinysweety-:3 Thank you for mentioning Kilik being in Jamie's group. I actually plan on joining a group, with Daphne Sapphire & Jamie.

chef30-:D Good to see you again!

Zerin-:P I knew you were a boy the whole time. Raven of course I knew she was a girl.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I wasn't leaning toward either group. Either of them will have to pretty much make her go with them, despite her annoyed refusal. And those elemental defenses could work for minor outbursts, unless they get too severe. I think they'd better be more worried about controlling her and keeping her from doing anything rash.

Here's how I'm thinking her elements connect:

FIRE - Anger, Rage. When she's pissed, things really start to heat up.

WATER - Serene, Relaxed. Just like a gentle-flowing stream.

ELECTRICITY - Panicked, or full of Energy. It's quite shocking.

EARTH - Peaceful, Calm. If it's a happy calm, often flowers grow around her.

STONE - Focused, or Stubborn. Unmoving, hard as a rock.

METAL - Defensive, or Protective. Hard to penetrate a steel wall.

ICE - Cold, or Calm. Usually the "cold shoulder", or when she wants to be alone.

WIND - Breezy, or Concerned. Temperature of wind also determines emotion.

POISON - Tricking, Deceptive. Often when she's trying to trick someone.

MIND (Psychic) - Smart, Brainy, Planning, Tactical. This is VERY rare.

LIGHT - Loved, or feeling Heroic. Often involves feeling of satisfaction.

DARK - Stealthy, or Depressed. When she doesn't want to be bothered. More Loner.

????? - ?????. This one is going to remain a secret.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I don't think Storm would have much of a problem with any of Raven's outbursts, unless they last for a long time since Storm can turn into water for a long time or vapor for a short while. Maybe not Electricity. And if Raven is Panicked but Angry at the same time, would she conjure flames and lightning at the same time? Or is it just one element at a time?

BTW, Storm's okay with Apolla being the leader, as long as she allows him to roam at least somewhat free.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yes, it's pretty much stuck one element at a time, more likely which she's feeling most. And if he can dissipate in water, be very careful; Water can evaporate, you know.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Yes, but vapor is a form of water and Storm can control every form of water. It's just that he can't stay in vapor form for very long so that's why he has to be wary if the outburst lasts longer than he can stay as vapor.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hm, maybe as vapor he could move himself far enough away that he won't evaporate again.

So, looks like storm can be protected from Raven's rage. However, if she panics, well, even minor electricity touching storm in water form would probably be pretty bad.

Also, what about Lava? Lava, well... For Raven to ever produce Lava, would require PURE RAGE. However, I don't think Raven will ever get that angry at anyone; definitely not at any of the mutants, so no worries there.

But it did occur to me: What if storm was hit with lava? Wouldn't he turn into molten rock? Or in Minecraft, Obsidian? That would be fatal for Storm. Then again, lava is fatal to everyone. Just in a different way there.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I think he'll just evaporate and transfer the cooling energy of water over to the lava to make it harden. But then Storm would be like boiling hot even though he doesn't feel it. When Lava touches water, the Lava turns into rock since it is melted rock, not the water. The water just evaporates. But then again, I could make Storm have a weakness to Lava that was just pure unluckiness.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Up to you. Honestly the only reason I asked was pure curiosity. Would be cool if you turned into obsidian though XD

Where has our beloved GM gone?

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I'll just make him boiling hot for until the air cools him down. :D His whole body would be a weapon, but he just has to be careful not to touch his teammates.

miley needs to post so the story can go on. I can't talk to Apolla until she has her conversation with Jamie.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Are we all okay with Kit dragging Raven to travel with Apolla and Storm? More importantly, is Kit okay with that? :P

This will give me a good outlet to discover my elemental abilities! Also d4rka, I promise you you'll have as much of a free reign as you desire in our team! And you're right about Miley, but all we can do is wait it out.

In fact, I'm not going to reply as Zeke until she comes back, because the moment Jay and Zeke start playing hell, we risk leaving Miley behind in the story. I'm sure she'll be on as soon as she can!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Where has she gone?

I can't see her.

It's getting dark...

Please save us!

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
As I said before, Miley is rlly busy in rl. On her fb page she posted

'Okay, for those of you waiting for me on PC (like Me and PinkS) I probably won't get on for a while due to the freaking drama everybody pulled out of a hat here.'

So yea, be patient.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
The darkness is overcoming us...

We need help....

The walls are closing in...

It's getting dark...

Fu--