• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • But those tier changes were never really drastic, except a select few. Gengar was already powerful, so OU to Uber isn't that big of a deal, especially considering Mega Gengar's immense power. I think it's good that Megas are changing up the meta-game, makes the competitive battling scene even more strategic and difficult.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I hope we get more Megas next issue. I'm expecting at least Mega Milotic to be revealed. Maybe Archie and Maxie's Megas will be shown.
    I doubt Mega Milotic will be confirmed, because it wasn't part of the Hoenn poster that confirmed Mega Sableye and Mega Metagross.

It should be reminded that Mega Metagross could be banned from UU, as well Metagross will still suffer from Sucker Punch users in OU.

Years
  • Has the poster even been confirmed to be real, though? I still have doubts about Megas Shiftry/Ludicolo AND Zangoose/Seviper happening because that'd mean all version exclusive Hoenn Mons get Megas. If it is fake, then it means there's still a chance of Mega Milotic happening. If it's real, it's possible not all the Pokemon receiving Megas are on there. Mega Diancie isn't on there, yet it's a thing. (Given, it's an event Pokemon, so that may be why it isn't on there. Who knows.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I doubt Mega Milotic will be confirmed, because it wasn't part of the Hoenn poster that confirmed Mega Sableye and Mega Metagross.

It should be reminded that Mega Metagross could be banned from UU, as well Metagross will still suffer from Sucker Punch users in OU.
    That poster may be a fake. All those Pokémon are fan favorites, so they're expected.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • There could be any number of Mega. This is new territory, there is no tradition here.

Dusknoir is considered to be worse than his original form Dusklops w/Eviloite - he does need a Mega. He could be a supper bulky attacker, to stand out from his smaller form.

I want Mega Ludicolo. Make it happen. I'm curious to see what a Mega-Shiftry would even look like.

Years
  • Am I the only one who thinks Mega Evolution is not a way to shift Pokemon into higher tiers and are only there for the Pokedex, even if I don't use Smogon?

I think similarly, though I wouldn't even say that Mega Evolution is there just for the Pokédex, since Megas aren't new species and aren't required for completing it. The way I see it, it's just an item effect reserved for certain Pokémon, with some lore background to it.

Years
  • Has the poster even been confirmed to be real, though? I still have doubts about Megas Shiftry/Ludicolo AND Zangoose/Seviper happening because that'd mean all version exclusive Hoenn Mons get Megas. If it is fake, then it means there's still a chance of Mega Milotic happening. If it's real, it's possible not all the Pokemon receiving Megas are on there. Mega Diancie isn't on there, yet it's a thing. (Given, it's an event Pokemon, so that may be why it isn't on there. Who knows.)

Well for all excusives getting Megas it'll mean Megas for Solrock and Lunatone too as those two Pokemon are exclusives too. I can see Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone happening. They're under leveled. Imagine Liza and Tate who are known for their strong bond with one another and their Pokémon send out those two Megas (yes both as it's one Mega per person and they're two). They were already "That one Boss" in RSE.

Years
  • Is it sad I forgot about Solrock/Lunatone despite having discussed them in the Hoenn Dex thread? XD

Solrock and Lunatone receiving Megas would be interesting; they're also among the Pokemon that would benefit from them, given their low BST (440) and number of weaknesses (7).

Years
  • Maybe they'll get Solid Rock (even though they'll lose immunity to ground and get another weakness in turn) to make each super effective move hit 1 1/2 x damage instead of 2x. If they boost their defenses they can become more wall like. Maybe decrese speed for it's defenses like they did with Sableye's to give it more defense.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I wonder what Mega Lunatone and Mega Solrock would look like, though. I can't really imagine anything as their designs don't really give much to work with. Maybe Solrock could turn Psychic/Fire and have flames, and Lunatone could turn into a Psychic/Ice type and become... a full moon?

Years
  • I wonder what Mega Lunatone and Mega Solrock would look like, though. I can't really imagine anything as their designs don't really give much to work with. Maybe Solrock could turn Psychic/Fire and have flames, and Lunatone could turn into a Psychic/Ice type and become... a full moon?

I imagine they'll look less rocky. Hey maybe they'll make them Steel/Psychic types and give them filter. The Pokemon are said to come from meteorites and they tend to contain metal. I don't think they have any Steel moves they can learn...so maybe instead of filter they could give them a Steel type version of Normalize.

Well I guess Fire/Psychic and Ice/Psychic (or Pure Psychic) for Solrock and Lunatone respectably could work. Especially since Solrock is said to be from the sun yet doesn't have any flames...
    Maybe Mega Solrock will have Solar Power to match it's dex entry of absorbing Solar power, or maybe a new ability that'll allow it to heal in the sunlight.

Years
  • I'd like to see each with a different type--as ^ stated, Fire/Psychic and Ice/Psychic. Ability-wise, I can see them getting Drought and Snow Warning, though weather isn't as good anymore due to the nerf. (Didn't stop GF from giving Mega Charizard Y Drought, though.)

Years
  • I'd like to see each with a different type--as ^ stated, Fire/Psychic and Ice/Psychic. Ability-wise, I can see them getting Drought and Snow Warning, though weather isn't as good anymore due to the nerf. (Didn't stop GF from giving Mega Charizard Y Drought, though.)

That'll be cool. I hope so. Mega Lunatone could also be Water/Psychic, attracting water to it using it's moon like gravity/psychic powers and get Drizzle.

Years
  • Apparently Mega Diancie has Magic Bounce, according to CoroCoro. imo, Magic Bounce fits Mega Diancie much better than it does Mega Sableye, though I sort of wish it got another Ability since that makes three Magic Bouncing Megas now. (Then again, if Mega Metagross does have Tough Claws, that'll make three Megas with it.)

Years
  • Idea of Mega Lunatone becoming a full moon is certainly fun to think about. Would actually make me consider using one on my team, especially if its type changed from Rock to Ice/Water, while keeping Psychic. Solrock is more difficult to imagine, but Fire/Psychic would be a perfect combination for its Mega evolution.

Years
  • After having looking at Lunatone's moveset Ice/Rock seems to fit it better, having access to at least two Ice moves (Ice Beam and Blizzard)but only having one Water move...Rain Dance.
    Also now that I think about it giving them weather moves may ruin their dynamic together as one will cancel the other if used in a double battle. Maybe a Mega Solrock can have Solar Power, and Mega Lunatone Icy body. Or they can keep levitate.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Apparently Mega Diancie has Magic Bounce, according to CoroCoro. imo, Magic Bounce fits Mega Diancie much better than it does Mega Sableye, though I sort of wish it got another Ability since that makes three Magic Bouncing Megas now. (Then again, if Mega Metagross does have Tough Claws, that'll make three Megas with it.)

Yeah, I agree. Bulletproof would be better imo. Magic Bounce isn't so special anymore, as now 5 Pokémon have the ability (I believe) .

I would prefer a regular evolution for Solrock and Lunatone, and a shared pre-evolution (if GF will ever do one of the two).

Years
  • It also confirms that next month's issue, due for release on August 12th, will have what they're calling a "Mega Evolution Scoop"

More Megas to come :)

Gen 5 please !!!

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • After having looking at Lunatone's moveset Ice/Rock seems to fit it better, having access to at least two Ice moves (Ice Beam and Blizzard)but only having one Water move...Rain Dance.
    Also now that I think about it giving them weather moves may ruin their dynamic together as one will cancel the other if used in a double battle. Maybe a Mega Solrock can have Solar Power, and Mega Lunatone Icy body. Or they can keep levitate.

Is this really happening? O_o I haven't followed the news so well so I'm not sure is this just speculations or have they somehow given us confirmation that we'll get Mega Solrock and Lunatone.

Anyway, I think there wouldn't be any sense to give them Mega Evolution. Yeah I know that they lack power and defense to be any use at all but I'm not sure would it be wise. I'd rather like to see them getting normal evolutionary lines in the future games. Like that they'd have the same first evolution and that would evolve into Solrock either using Sunstone or to Lunatone using Moon Stone. And then they'd get their final evolutionary stages. Idk. Would prefer something like that more.

Considering about the rumors that Elite Four members would receive Mega Evolutions I have to say that at least at the first run I only want the Champion to be able to utilize Mega Evolution. Story wise I think giving all E4 Mega Evolution would just ruin the fact that they are supposed to be rare and something still pretty much unseen thing. Of course later I could see Sidney getting Mega Shiftry, Phoebe maybe having either Mega Dusclops (that sounds way too scary to me though) or Mega Sableye, Glacia having Mega Walrein (giving Mega Evolution to Glalie would throw Glalie and Froslass off the balance totally between the two of them) and Drake getting Mega Salamence. If Wallace is Champion he either has Mega Gyarados or Mega Milotic as Milotic pretty much is his mascot Pokémon. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back