• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metroid Fanclub

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Alright, I love metroid. I know you all love metroid. Even those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about. You would. I know you're out there, metroid fans. This thread is for you.

So this is the place for all things metroid. Game help (In spoiler tags) bragging(tone it down, remember, probably everybody else has done the same thing at least once :P ), speedrunning times, hacking discussion, videos (links please), and art (links preferred).

Members
    Spoiler:

Signature Banners
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    You aren't alone! -raises hand- Hard core Metroid Fan Boy right here. It's the only fandom of mine that rivals pokemon.

I've played and beaten all but Metroid II (which is dang hard to find!). And Other M isnt so bad if you've read the Metroid Manga and understand her backstory.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    -Raises Hand-

Awesome
    Metroid FTW!!!
    I've got/played zero mission and Metroid Prime I,II,II
    currently replaying II
    I've read the Metroid Manga, something what all metroid fans should do, and so I am planning to buy Other M. but not yet.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    -Raises Hand-

Awesome
    Metroid FTW!!!
    I've got/played zero mission and Metroid Prime I,II,II
    currently replaying II
    I've read the Metroid Manga, something what all metroid fans should do, and so I am planning to buy Other M. but not yet.
    Nice to see someone else who's read the manga. Other M tweaks it a bit actually to fit the story... But remember the chapter with the Raid on K-2L. That's all Ill say!

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Resuscitation time. I sorta lost track of time playing other M -guilty face- Anyway, I forgot to mention hunters in the OP. But it is my least favorite...so not a huge surprise. Working on prime 2 and 3, and planning to start metroid 2 soon. I have numerous times, but my moron brothers keep resetting it. Bleh.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    lol XD

How is Other M? I heard its awesome
    I haven't bought it yet...
    Not sure when I will. Probably after my next exam :)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Ohaithar
    I'm a huge Metroid fan. I have (and have beaten) the entire Prime Trilogy as well as Super, and I have Other M but haven't played it much.

And I've read the manga (most of it, anyways).

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Other M is definitely worth the price. It's pretty much my every dream come true, all bundled up.

I've read some of the manga, but never really got to finish. :( I lost track of the site I was reading it on.

Right now, I'm slugging my way through metroid 2...just beat that first Zeta metroid, which was surprisingly hard.

Lol, nice sig AppleFreak.

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I really love Other M.

I would be playing Metroid II right now but it's f-ing impossible to find a copy.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    Have you tried downloading searching google for people who offer it online and will send it to you?
    Actually, I am not sure if have ever seen/played Metroid II. I did play fusion and one other once as a demo, but I forgot which one...
    It was quite some time ago. :P

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    No luck on ebay/amazon? Maybe you should check frequently for it.
    ebay has some, but I prefer buying my games in person. Plus I live in a "high-tech" city that actually has a lot of classic gaming stores. They've been telling me that Metroid II is going through some sort of renassaince among gamers ever since Other M was announced.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    Hunters is the only one I can think of that a demo was released for.

It wasn't really a demo, I played it in some stored where it was set up so you could play it a little.

hmmm... maybe I should put metroid II on my to do list XD

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Renaissance indeed. I actually had played the game before Other M was announced, but if it makes a comeback, then maybe nintendo will FINALLY make a remake of it.

(Hadn't thought about that kind of demo, lol. What system was it?)

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    I'll join. I'm currently playing all 3 Primes on the Wii Trilogy. Love them so far. I read a review of Other M, and it said the game sucked. I don't know if I'm going to try it or not.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I'll join. I'm currently playing all 3 Primes on the Wii Trilogy. Love them so far. I read a review of Other M, and it said the game sucked. I don't know if I'm going to try it or not.
    Welcome Dark Sceptile.

I say try it. While people moan about the story, the gameplay is solid and feels metroid-y. Plus Manthony Higgs alone makes it worth while. If nothing else, rent it just to try it out.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    NidoKingdra said:
    What system was it?

I think it was on the GBA. It was most likely Fusion.

There was a chronological list of metroid on wikipedia, with an synopsis for each game (after the jump). So after reading that I couldn't restrain myself anymore so I watched the intro scene of Other M on youtube.
    I must say; Awesome!
    It looks amazing and the controls look really well done!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Other M. Not even half as bad as the whiners make it out to be. Welcome to the thread!!

I'm currently playing through all the games in chronological order. On prime ATM.
    I did that just prior to Other M's release. It makes the series seem much more co-hesive.

Back