• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metroid Fanclub

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Ok...uhmmmm... What is you favorite Metroid game?

Sammy's has to be Fusion for handheld and Corruption for console

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    that's a tough one
    hmmm... lets see...
    I'm only familiar with the prime series and zero mission
    I liked all of them
    Prime was just epic being the first one and all that, the feeling you get is the basis for the series
    Echoes was an worthy succesor with more classic upgrades and awesome stroyline
    Corruption was a bit to easy for my taste, but fortunately they invented hypermode ^^
    very epic game.
    Zero mission, also very epic
    I think it would be...
    Corruption!
    The WII added a lot to the gameplay
    and the overall combination of worlds, storyline, cutscenes etc was well balanced.
    It was a bit short/smaller then the others, but nonetheless fun.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Hyper beam...ehh, no. I'm not a big phazon fan, actually. (thus not having finished the prime trilogy yet)

I have multiple categories for this question.
    Graphics/gameplay wise, Other M
    Physics wise, Super metroid
    But overall, Zero Mission

Yes, I kinda cheated...but It would probably be zero mission.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Sammy also likes Other M cause it's almost similar to a remake of Fusion for a console system

It could use more sectors and the Spider Ball, though

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Yeah...I didn't want it to be so similar to fusion. The only thing about that one I enjoy is boss fights, linearity is fail for metroid. Other M let me down on that aspect. I still like both of em though.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
    After all this talk about older games, I decided to replay Zero Mission. I suddenly realized that was 5-7 years ago I last played it. :P I finished in 2-3 hours.
    I enjoyed it, it was my first metroid game. I recognized a lot, especially from Other M footage.

To start a new topic:

What is you favorite weapon/Upgrade?

Mine is Screw attack/Hypermode.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Favorite attack/upgrade?

Hmm... that's a little tough. I like the Screw Attack, the Speed Booster/Shinespark, and Super Missiles a lot (you can't go wrong with hyper-powerful ballistics, right?). However, even if it's only short-lived, the Hyper Beam is definitely really cool.

I wanna continue playing Prime 1 where I left off a few months ago. Other M distracted me from that game, and I never finished it. I also gotta play Prime 2 at some point or another.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Best weapon/upgrade?

Best Weapon: Other M Power Bombs, 'cause you'll never know when you need a compact tactical nuke.

Best Upgrade: The Screw Attack, Speed Booster, Other M's Gravity Feature (try to deny her turning it on was not awesome)

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I can has join?

I loveses Metroid, me. My favourite game is Metroid Prime, my favourite Beam is the Hyper Beam from MP3 because it is super-powerful, and looks cool, my favourite non-Beam move is the Grapple because it is just so useful, and what I think to be the coolest looking move is the Screw Attack in Metroid Fusion because it looks awesome.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Hi, and welcome! Added your name to the list, I see you got a banner. All set then. I personally prefer plasma from MP1 over hyper beam, due to energy drain and such. But I agree, Hyper Beam is awesome.

What I think could have been a lot better about the prime series was the walljumping.
    They had something good with that, but killed it by putting it in in like 3 places, total. Bleh.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I haven't played much of MP3, I've like, only just gotten the Hyper Beam. But yeah, Wall Jump in MP2 WAS crap. Would've been better if it was in more places, but oh well.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Eh, the wall jump system in ALL of the Primes was crap. I like the Other M model better, but it isn't as versatile as the Super walljump (but much easier to pull off).

Oh, I made a new Metroid theme! I think I'll try to make something for this fanclub at some point.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Liking the new theme AppleFreak. I vote "What's past is prologue" to be the new series motto in general. 'Cause it's very true dang it. Feds have gone from good guys to chaotic neutral anti-heroes at best, the Pirates are feral, the new found ambiguous canonicity of the Prime series (I still think they are, Nintendo seems to not think so as much on press releases), and basically everything about Samus, Mother Brain and Ridley.

Also, you guys remembah me? Right? (had to be done)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    THIS. Samus's Voice Actress: Jessica Martin. Seen her in plays here in Seattle, and she is definitely an actress to look out for.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    THIS. Samus's Voice Actress: Jessica Martin. Seen her in plays here in Seattle, and she is definitely an actress to look out for.

I watched that video; I had already inferred that she was talking in a flashback but now there's proof.

Other M probably just suffers from bad writing. Unfortunately, I might have lost my copy and I was only about halfway through the game, so...

Back