• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Michael Jackson dies from Cardiac Arrest

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I honestly never imagined this day to come, truthfully speaking. This man, no matter all the wrong he may have done, was still a legend to his many fans. The King of Pop, it is what we knew Micheal Jackson as and to hear his confirmed death just leaves me in shock. I mean, he was a really young guy with a strong talent in hand. Not to mention he had his comback concert like mentioned before it is sad to see him leave this world.

However, at least we know he is in a better place. It is better to be in the loyal lands of Heaven rather than in a corrupt world that only blames you for wrong. I wish he rest in peace and let his songs play all night in memory of this great musician.

Detox

Wow. This is extremely sad. MJ was one of the best. May he Rest In Peace TT_TT

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I honestly could cry.... This is just so sad.... I wonder what happened, dam it, he has 4 brothers, why not one of them.......

^I know many are mourning, but please don't impose death onto other people... In any case, the death of the world's good people is NEVER a thing to be joyous about. We cannot easily just swap people to face death like that due to one's celebrity status, regardless of contributions/legacy.

As for the news...WOW. Just...wow. My sibling informed me of the news in the car; I thought it was a joke or an unsubstantiated rumor at first. Then the news at home revealed the truth to me. Today is a really sad day, though. Both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson have passed away. And Ed McMahon passed away yesterday, I believe. And the Crocodile Hunter and Bernie Mac passed away just some months/years ago...

It's weird, even though humans are destined to meet death, people like Michael Jackson, etc.: you just don't expect them to die, like they'll live forever, as some have said. Some celebrities are so ingrained into popular culture that many people accept it as part of their daily lives, or something like "What's ____________ up to today?" Some of us grew up with certain celebrities, and some of us hold on to any memories we have of certain celebrities, and you think their active, physical presence will continue to last. But sadly, it isn't so these days.

The other thing is that Michael Jackson was also preparing for his comeback tour; I was looking forward to hearing the new songs that he was rumored to have composed. And my sibling just got 2 of his CDs a few days ago... And I've passed through his home town, too...

Rest In Peace
    : Michael Jackson (King of Pop), Farrah Fawcett (noted Charlie's Angel), and Ed McMahon (Johnny Carson's announcer), and many other kind people. I extend my condolences not only to the families of the aforementioned celebrities, but also to the families of any kind person that has passed away in the world...

I intend to watch Thriller's music video sometime today. Indeed, a sad day it is for music, television, popular culture, and the world... :(
    May the legacies of Michael Jackson and many others live on to have a lasting influence of humanity.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • All I have to say is Rest in Peace, I'm not going to give some long speech because honestly I didn't like him very much, but its best to honor the dead.

RIP: Micheal Jackson

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Yeah I saw this on the news today...

At first I was really shocked. Then really depressed. I mean, I was never a really big fan of him, but I do remember a time when I was younger and I would bounce on my grandma's bed listening to a record of Rocking Robin. Man, those were the days. ;_;

I still can't believed he died.. This is like when Steve Irwin died.. I just can't begin to even comprehend any of it....

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    drug overdose???
    JACKSON FAMILY SPOKESMAN: 'EVERYONE AROUND HIM WAS ENABLING HIM, ABUSE OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS'...
    via drudgereport. I would feel considerably less sorry for him.. still r.i.p.

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I'm watching CNN right now, they're talking about his childhood, poor guy...
    This sucks, D:
    Michael Jackson was an Idol to most great singers, without him, what would we listen to?
    May the great singer Rest In Peace

Sainthell

Look at my awesome ki power.
    Years
  • ....i can't just say anything. some of my favorite stars died. even though it's supposed to happen, like fenyx4 said it's normal to die, but also too painful to see someone you like, be it a friend be it a star.
    Rip:Michael jackson, 50 years, "king of the pop".

You are in
    a better place now, buddy.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    drug overdose???
    JACKSON FAMILY SPOKESMAN: 'EVERYONE AROUND HIM WAS ENABLING HIM, ABUSE OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS'...
    via drudgereport. I feel considerably less sorry for him.. still r.i.p.

That's IMPOSSIBLE to know at this point of time. It will take at least a day to perform an autopsy.

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
  • Even though I was never a major fan and hardly kept up with the latest news, when my friend told me he was dead over the internet about an hour ago, I thought he was joking or portraying an abstract sense of humour.

To see it confirmed... I don't know what to say. I'm... quite stunned. I may not have listened to his songs very much or the news or speculated rumours around him, but I respected him and the unique talent that he possessed. I may not have grown up with him, but for others that did and truly loved his songs and himself, my heart goes to them.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Damn. I got a text while I was playing softball that he died. I thought it was BS but I heard it all over the radio on the way home. Sucks man. Despite all the bad rumors and things that happen to and or around him, his music was awesome. Gonna miss ya MJ but at least you'll live on through the music (that will be crazily over played now XD).

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Wow, I can't say that I saw this coming or expected it. The closest thing that our generation had to an Elvis has now kicked the bucket. Maybe it is saying a bit too much by comparing him to Elvis but you can't disagree that Micheal Jackson did impacted the music scene. We have just witness the moment of a great musician departure. Even though this man had done some crazy things and done things that could be called heinous, the guy still was a moving force in getting today's music scene where it is today.

I really was in shock. I got a hint of it before leaving work when I saw Jackson's name on the side bar thing on Twitter but thought nothing about it. Famous people tend to get on there. LIttle did I knew it was because Jackson had died. Then I heard something right when I turned my car on but I wasn't listening and only began listening when I caught the backend. Still I heard the source was TMZ and didn't have faith in it. MInutes later it was confirm but ABC and that was enough to prove to me that Jackson was gone. Got to say that is some deep stuff. I only wish I had some of his music on my iPod to play.

Got to say he died at a bad time. Micheal Jackson was working on a comeback with a new CD and concerts. I was really looking forward to it because I knew it was going to be the greatest comeback that I will ever see or just one heck of a ride on the craziest train wreak ever. Shame we won't get to see this because as a spectator fan of music it would have been cool. Guess all we get now is a Best of Micheal Jackson and some sort of major release of the CD he was working on.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Still it is too soon to say what cause the death. Also in the end, it doesn't matter if he overdose on pills or just died because of old age. The fact is that we lost a music icon today.

King!

better
    Years
  • Hmmm...I'm back. He's gone...in person...

I don't know what else to say, that no one has said already. R.I.P., MJ, the King of Pop

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Still it is too soon to say what cause the death. Also in the end, it doesn't matter if he overdose on pills or just died because of old age. The fact is that we lost a music icon today.

He was 50. That's hardly old in these days.

RIP, MJ. I may not have been a huge fan, but it stinks that even those that seem immortal pass on eventually. Thanks for everything you gave us.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I've been watching the news report on this for like three hours straight. I am still in shock that he's dead! It's so sad and unexpected. But thankyou for the great songs and dance moves Mr. Jackson! We'll miss you!!! R.I.P. :((

Back