• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Are the other 2 legendary or something like that?

Ehh, well Azradon has 3 possible evolutionary outcomes, and there is one three-stage evolving Pokémon that will be appearing in the game at a later stage. The 2 unobtainable ones are Azradon's evolutions that your Azradon didn't evolve into if that makes any sense! But, maybe, I should make another 2 Azradon available so that the other evolutions could be obtained? I'd like to put more fakemon in if I can get the designs right, since I've always wanted to do a big fakemon hack, but I wouldn't add too many more to this game, I'm aiming to have 13 fakemon at the very maximum.

Years
Ehh, well Azradon has 3 possible evolutionary outcomes, and there is one three-stage evolving Pokémon that will be appearing in the game at a later stage. The 2 unobtainable ones are Azradon's evolutions that your Azradon didn't evolve into if that makes any sense! But, maybe, I should make another 2 Azradon available so that the other evolutions could be obtained? I'd like to put more fakemon in if I can get the designs right, since I've always wanted to do a big fakemon hack, but I wouldn't add too many more to this game, I'm aiming to have 13 fakemon at the very maximum.

So is it going to be like Eevee where you need stones to evolve him or something like that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Are you going to put an Elite Four side quest for people who do beat the optional gyms?

No, the Avlar Tournament is replacing the E4 and it will be much harder. The reward for optional gyms, I'm working on something very cool for that ;)

So is it going to be like Eevee where you need stones to evolve him or something like that?

It's kinda like Tyrogue and the Hitmons. So:

Azradon with Attack > Defense - Azramadon at L40
Azradon with Defense > Attack - Azregadon at L40
Azradon with Attack = Defense - Azoradon at L40

=)

Years
No, the Avlar Tournament is replacing the E4 and it will be much harder. The reward for optional gyms, I'm working on something very cool for that ;)

It's kinda like Tyrogue and the Hitmons. So:

Azradon with Attack > Defense - Azramadon at L40
Azradon with Defense > Attack - Azregadon at L40
Azradon with Attack = Defense - Azoradon at L40

=)

Great and are they already in the game or will they be added to 2.0?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I am currently working on more detailed guides to go with the game, mainly, a document all about Alignment in the game, like which events shift your alignment and how it works. Is this something you would want to see? Things like a TM/HM list or Career Missions guide I'd think about doing too if there was enough interest =)

Your Alignment will affect which Legendary Beast (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) you will get to battle in the game's first legendary encounter, so I'd encourage people to do as many Alignment-altering missions as you can before the Ruins Of Kala event to ensure you get the dog you want!

Players with a "Neutral" Alignment will get to battle Raikou.
Players with a "Good" Alignment will get to battle Entei.
Players with a "Bad" Alignment will get to battle Suicune.

Remember your Alignment and Career are two separate things =)

Last edited:

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
I am currently working on more detailed guides to go with the game, mainly, a document all about Alignment in the game, like which events shift your alignment and how it works. Is this something you would want to see? Things like a TM/HM list or Career Missions guide I'd think about doing too if there was enough interest =)

Your Alignment will affect which Legendary Beast (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) you will get to battle in the game's first legendary encounter, so I'd encourage people to do as many Alignment-altering missions as you can before the Ruins Of Kala event to ensure you get the dog you want!

Players with a "Neutral" Alignment will get to battle Raikou.
Players with a "Good" Alignment will get to battle Entei.
Players with a "Bad" Alignment will get to battle Suicune.

Remember your Alignment and Career are two separate things =)
I absolutely love this hack, just can't get enough. Glad I went with good alignment,
always been an entei fan. Also I like the idea of a document with helpful tips about
which quests alters alignments/tm locations/pokemon etc. Whatever you decide to include
in it.

isacc0909

Dragon Knight
Years
I just want to say I love how this is coming along and cant wait until it's completed. The alignment system is really interesting as well also i must say i love catching the houndoom in verlume villas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Having some serious issues with the legendary event script, trying to get the legendary battle music to work is proving to be difficult!

I am going to keep trying my hardest to get it to work properly, but just wondering, would anyone be particularly bothered if the battle music for Entei, Riakou and Suicune was not the legendary battle music? If I can't get it to work properly I am considering making it like a normal wildbattle, which makes it a little less 'epic' but easier to script.

Not looking for a 'easy way out' lol, Im doing everything I can to give the legendary dogs the proper battle music, this is just to gather people's thoughts in case I really can't make it work =P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I would love to see all of Azradon's evolutions since I can only see one

Azramadon seems to be the most common to obtain, nobody has commented saying they got Azregadon or Azoradon yet, which means they must be a little harder to obtain. The sprites for each evolution are the same but with different colours, just as placeholders for now until I can make better sprites for them in different poses at least! =)

For reference, Azramadon will learn mostly Fire and dragon type moves and has very high Attack power!
Azregadon will learn mainly Electric and dragon moves with high Defense, very handy as there aren't many Electric types in the region!
Azoradon will learn Ice and dragon type moves and has level attack and Defense but very high Special stats, making it my favourite =P

I will definitely post all the sprites when I can make better looking ones! =)

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

Years
Azramadon seems to be the most common to obtain, nobody has commented saying they got Azregadon or Azoradon yet, which means they must be a little harder to obtain. The sprites for each evolution are the same but with different colours, just as placeholders for now until I can make better sprites for them in different poses at least! =)

For reference, Azramadon will learn mostly Fire and dragon type moves and has very high Attack power!
Azregadon will learn mainly Electric and dragon moves with high Defense, very handy as there aren't many Electric types in the region!
Azoradon will learn Ice and dragon type moves and has level attack and Defense but very high Special stats, making it my favourite =P

I will definitely post all the sprites when I can make better looking ones! =)
The most common for me is azregadon. I haven't been able to get the other two.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

Years
Having some serious issues with the legendary event script, trying to get the legendary battle music to work is proving to be difficult!

I am going to keep trying my hardest to get it to work properly, but just wondering, would anyone be particularly bothered if the battle music for Entei, Riakou and Suicune was not the legendary battle music? If I can't get it to work properly I am considering making it like a normal wildbattle, which makes it a little less 'epic' but easier to script.

Not looking for a 'easy way out' lol, Im doing everything I can to give the legendary dogs the proper battle music, this is just to gather people's thoughts in case I really can't make it work =P

I'm fine with normal wild battle music. Battle music doesn't matter to me as much as
the story/gameplay is.

Years
Ok I saw someone else post about this, but I'm having the same problem...

My rival will not move from in front of the surf license guy, and the passage in Mt. Ore is not open. Also there is a sign near where you fight that female trainer who was picking berries near the cave that you beat and she gets all embarrassed. The sign has a small tree cutting script, but cutting the sign freezes your game. Anyways I tried everything in regards to getting the rival out of the way for the surf license (even doing the master ball event) and still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! And I can't wait to see this game progress. It is very well thought out and we'll made.

-BLACKOUT

Years
Can someone please tell me how to get this game on GBA4IOS on my phone because this rom isn't on coolrom and idk how to get roms any other way. Some please help :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ok I saw someone else post about this, but I'm having the same problem...

My rival will not move from in front of the surf license guy, and the passage in Mt. Ore is not open. Also there is a sign near where you fight that female trainer who was picking berries near the cave that you beat and she gets all embarrassed. The sign has a small tree cutting script, but cutting the sign freezes your game. Anyways I tried everything in regards to getting the rival out of the way for the surf license (even doing the master ball event) and still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! And I can't wait to see this game progress. It is very well thought out and we'll made.

-BLACKOUT

Sorry for the inconvenience, but deeper Mt Ore and getting your surf license aren't Version 1.5 due to glicthes that have been fixed for the future. Sorry about that! Just means double the extra gameplay for Version 2 I guess.

Back