• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misconceptions you had as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I thought there were people who were paid to work in the tv. When you changed the channel they would quickly swap out the scenery and change characters. I also thought the actors really died like their characters did. I assumed if you were an actor you would have to die in real life if your character died in the movie.

I also thought the world was black and white until the 50's. That was around the time they invented colors. :3

Oh yeah, my dad convinced me he had a childhood friend named Charlie and that he haunted our house. It was okay though because he was friendly.
    He had me talking to the air, completely convinced there was a ghost named Charlie talking back to me. What a dick. :I

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Not really, but I have misguided people on purpose. Like when my 7 year old nephew (now 12) asked me where babies came from, I had to have fun with him. I told him he was a cereal box prize. He then went to his mother (my sister) and asked "Mommy, Did I come from a cereal box?". She looked over quickly and saw me pretty much dying of laughter and played along. He believed that for a year before he found out the truth.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    i had a lot of misconceptions as a child. o.o;

I always thought Laptop was actually spelled and pronounced labtop until I was 10.
    I didn't know February had the "r" between b and u and thought it was Febuary until 2 years ago (xD)

There's some more that I don't remember off the top of my head, but i remember saying "ohhh! I always thought that (insert true fact here) was called (insert stupid misconception here.) " Like a million times. Dx

Years
    Well, I know when I was younger I didn't understand the whole concept of the Soviet Union, I thought it was just Russia under a different name. I still can't believe I thought that, but I guess I was just young and stupid back then.

I also used to think that it was impossible to stand on a slanted roof without falling off, that it was illegal to wash money, and that cosmonauts were a type of hairdresser.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back