• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • I'm just wondering what they'll be doing for prestige. They said it's not just an icon now but you get a lot more. I'm wondering if it's big things like weapons... or perks, or something like that. But my bet would be callsigns and stuff along them lines.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I just hope they bring over more create a class... classes like what was done in WaW. 5 in CoD4 was just not enough. I didn't really use all 10 classes in WaW to the fullest like I could have in CoD4. And with everything going on in MW2 it'd be really really stupid for them to only have 5.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm really hoping new weapons come along with Prestige, or even perks. More callsigns just won't do it for me. It's better than new icons, but it's still not enough if you ask me.

Years
  • Some idiots believed that you got the Ray Gun at 10th prestige in WaW.

I think its a good idea to do that with an obviously less powerful weapon in MW2, the MP44 isnt too good but people like it so it could be added as a small bonus then.

I think maybe the Perk PRO's should be when you prestige, when you prestige you pick which perk you want to upgrade, so you get to upgrade 10.

Of course they'll have finished production but I'm just saying those would be nice ideas.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Some idiots believed that you got the Ray Gun at 10th prestige in WaW.

I think its a good idea to do that with an obviously less powerful weapon in MW2, the MP44 isnt too good but people like it so it could be added as a small bonus then.

I think maybe the Perk PRO's should be when you prestige, when you prestige you pick which perk you want to upgrade, so you get to upgrade 10.

Of course they'll have finished production but I'm just saying those would be nice ideas.

That sounds like an interesting idea, and being able to only choose 1 perk to upgrade per prestiege level means that you cant upgrade every single perk. I remember hearing something about FN 2000 being the "best weapon" in MW2. If it is, that should be the weapon you get at 10th prestiege since its apparently so good.

Years
  • That sounds like an interesting idea, and being able to only choose 1 perk to upgrade per prestiege level means that you cant upgrade every single perk. I remember hearing something about FN 2000 being the "best weapon" in MW2. If it is, that should be the weapon you get at 10th prestiege since its apparently so good.

Then would kick in my second idea.

I haven't reached 10th prestige personally but, I bet it takes something away from the game when you get no exp.

So, after you get to 10th prestige & Level 55/65/Whatever on 10th prestige then you still gain exp and for every 10,000 (So its like two later-on level ups) exp you gain, you get to upgrade another.

And then possibly a second special weapon once you upgrade them all. D:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I havent reached 10th prestiege either but im pretty sure that you still gain exp but it doesnt count towards your level. It just counts towards your total exp earned and not for your exp to lv up. Even though, maybe they should increase the maximum prestiege level. Like they should make it from 10 to 15 or something just so people (that want to) can spend a little more time leveling up.

Years
  • I havent reached 10th prestiege either but im pretty sure that you still gain exp but it doesnt count towards your level. It just counts towards your total exp earned and not for your exp to lv up. Even though, maybe they should increase the maximum prestiege level. Like they should make it from 10 to 15 or something just so people (that want to) can spend a little more time leveling up.

Hmm, going to 15 would make dreamers like me never get a chance.

You may still get exp. but its hardly worth it.

Wow, another idea. In WaW, the section were in 'Core' and 'Hardcore', my idea is that they add 'Veteran' for 10th prestigers only. They get a seperate level seperate from the normal game modes and it goes up to Level 50 but you need alot more exp than usual and, it'll be harder because of the quality of opponents.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Rank in CoD really means nothing except for that some people have more time on their hands than others, thats why I can hang in Veteran.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    I don't know what IW are trying to do by removing dedicated server support and making the only option for PC multiplayer via matchmaking but the slight interest I had in buying the game has gone as a result.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • I don't know what IW are trying to do by removing dedicated server support and making the only option for PC multiplayer via matchmaking but the slight interest I had in buying the game has gone as a result.
    I think Infinity Ward will eventually realize how royally pissed PC gamers are, so I'm being hopeful that they will add dedicated servers before release of MW2.

Years
  • I just hope they bring over more create a class... classes like what was done in WaW. 5 in CoD4 was just not enough. I didn't really use all 10 classes in WaW to the fullest like I could have in CoD4. And with everything going on in MW2 it'd be really really stupid for them to only have 5.

They need to have a Create A Camo. THAT would be sick.

Sad part is, on PC there are no Dedicated Servers. :/ So I'm outta luck till I get my Sexbox 360....:(

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I haven't reached 10th prestige personally but, I bet it takes something away from the game when you get no exp.

So, after you get to 10th prestige & Level 55/65/Whatever on 10th prestige then you still gain exp and for every 10,000 (So its like two later-on level ups) exp you gain, you get to upgrade another.
    You still get XP even after getting level 55, 10th prestige. Sucks too, because most of my best games were after I made 10th and it all being pointless because I couldn't go any higher. XD
    I wouldn't mind the idea of having a pro-perk upgrade when you get a set number of XP. I wouldn't want it based off of prestige because it'd really piss me off that I wouldn't be able to upgrade all my perks. More so if I didn't use such and such perk, but down the road once I'm 10th prestige I'd go "Well.... I really like this perk now I wish I could upgrade it".

And the level prestige cap for MW2 has been pushed up to level 70. I'm quite happy with a 70 cap. Means I can play more.

Hmm, going to 15 would make dreamers like me never get a chance.

You may still get exp. but its hardly worth it.

Wow, another idea. In WaW, the section were in 'Core' and 'Hardcore', my idea is that they add 'Veteran' for 10th prestigers only. They get a seperate level seperate from the normal game modes and it goes up to Level 50 but you need alot more exp than usual and, it'll be harder because of the quality of opponents.
    It's not that hard to level up. Back when double XP went on (both CoD4 and WaW) there were times where I just about hit a prestige in the few days. And most of my friends were like that too, we'd play and the levels would just roll off and here comes a new prestige.

I think a Veteran game mode would be nice. But the thing is... rank is meaningless. Back at one time when you had a gold cross on CoD4 you were good... that's all there is to it. These days every kid and their mother is a 55, 10th prestige (I've been in rooms where it was all gold). And they have a gold cross and yet they go 10 kills and 34 deaths. If the ranks in CoD were based off of skill (where you could go down if you're bad) then yea I'd be all for it. But since it's just "Play and you'll get there one day"... yea.

I don't know what IW are trying to do by removing dedicated server support and making the only option for PC multiplayer via matchmaking but the slight interest I had in buying the game has gone as a result.
    I think Infinity Ward will eventually realize how royally pissed PC gamers are, so I'm being hopeful that they will add dedicated servers before release of MW2.
    If you guys want to talk about the PC version having no dedicated servers then go here and talk to people who cares.
    Because personally I've had it up to my eyeballs with all this crap about "OMG the PC version doesn't have dedicated servers!!!!!!!" "Go cancel your pre-order!" "United we stand, divided we fall!" "IW doesn't care for PC gamers!!!!!". I'm this close to making a 5 page rant (and I likely will if I have to hear much more about this dedicated servers crap) about how the PC gamers are spoiled gamers who cry over not getting what they want. Setting aside the fact that MW2 is likely going to be the best game this year, setting aside the fact that the campaign looks so damn awesome, setting aside the fact that it has Spec-Ops, setting aside the fact that the multiplayer will more then likely top CoD4 (IMO the best multiplayer game out there), setting aside the fact that we won't see another IW CoD game for another 2 years.... setting all of that aside it doesn't have dedicated servers so lets not get the game. Because that's what all the cool people do these days, they boycott a game when they don't get what they want. I want 500 weapons and 90 perks, lets start an online petition and see how many people agree with me.

I compare no dedicated servers to not having private match in the game. Yea it'd be sucky, I wouldn't be happy. But at the same time I'm not stupid enough to boycott one of the best games to ever come out. I mean... who would do such a thing.... right? I mean it's not like it's totally going to kill the game? You can still play online with friends, you can still have your little matches, and all of that.

While all of these people are sitting home on 11/10/09 having a piss party and going to gaming forums complaining about not having dedicated servers so IW forced them not to buy the game... I'll be on my 37" TV playing a game called Modern Warfare 2 online with my friends..... it'll be the 360 version.... the one without dedicated servers.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • While all of these people are sitting home on 11/10/09 having a piss party and going to gaming forums complaining about not having dedicated servers so IW forced them not to buy the game... I'll be on my 37" TV playing a game called Modern Warfare 2 online with my friends..... it'll be the 360 version.... the one without dedicated servers.
    Yes, but the sole reason that people are unleashing "RRRAAAEEGGGG!!!!11!!" on Infinity Ward is because they are removing the features that make PC games unique. (mods and dedicated servers) I guess I will get the PS3 version if IW doesn't add the extra features, but that's still a big shame because PC is my preferred gaming system.

EDIT: I'm not one who would sign the boycott to stop IW from releasing the game, I would just like IW to understand how fed up people are.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • You still get XP even after getting level 55, 10th prestige. Sucks too, because most of my best games were after I made 10th and it all being pointless because I couldn't go any higher. XD
    I wouldn't mind the idea of having a pro-perk upgrade when you get a set number of XP. I wouldn't want it based off of prestige because it'd really piss me off that I wouldn't be able to upgrade all my perks. More so if I didn't use such and such perk, but down the road once I'm 10th prestige I'd go "Well.... I really like this perk now I wish I could upgrade it".

And the level prestige cap for MW2 has been pushed up to level 70. I'm quite happy with a 70 cap. Means I can play more.

It's not that hard to level up. Back when double XP went on (both CoD4 and WaW) there were times where I just about hit a prestige in the few days. And most of my friends were like that too, we'd play and the levels would just roll off and here comes a new prestige.

I think a Veteran game mode would be nice. But the thing is... rank is meaningless. Back at one time when you had a gold cross on CoD4 you were good... that's all there is to it. These days every kid and their mother is a 55, 10th prestige (I've been in rooms where it was all gold). And they have a gold cross and yet they go 10 kills and 34 deaths. If the ranks in CoD were based off of skill (where you could go down if you're bad) then yea I'd be all for it. But since it's just "Play and you'll get there one day"... yea.

If you guys want to talk about the PC version having no dedicated servers then go here and talk to people who cares.
    Because personally I've had it up to my eyeballs with all this crap about "OMG the PC version doesn't have dedicated servers!!!!!!!" "Go cancel your pre-order!" "United we stand, divided we fall!" "IW doesn't care for PC gamers!!!!!". I'm this close to making a 5 page rant (and I likely will if I have to hear much more about this dedicated servers crap) about how the PC gamers are spoiled gamers who cry over not getting what they want. Setting aside the fact that MW2 is likely going to be the best game this year, setting aside the fact that the campaign looks so damn awesome, setting aside the fact that it has Spec-Ops, setting aside the fact that the multiplayer will more then likely top CoD4 (IMO the best multiplayer game out there), setting aside the fact that we won't see another IW CoD game for another 2 years.... setting all of that aside it doesn't have dedicated servers so lets not get the game. Because that's what all the cool people do these days, they boycott a game when they don't get what they want. I want 500 weapons and 90 perks, lets start an online petition and see how many people agree with me.

I compare no dedicated servers to not having private match in the game. Yea it'd be sucky, I wouldn't be happy. But at the same time I'm not stupid enough to boycott one of the best games to ever come out. I mean... who would do such a thing.... right? I mean it's not like it's totally going to kill the game? You can still play online with friends, you can still have your little matches, and all of that.

While all of these people are sitting home on 11/10/09 having a piss party and going to gaming forums complaining about not having dedicated servers so IW forced them not to buy the game... I'll be on my 37" TV playing a game called Modern Warfare 2 online with my friends..... it'll be the 360 version.... the one without dedicated servers.
    Na, we'll just keep talking and complaining here too (as well as that other thread) you console players aren't helping things much by still buying / playing this game.

I was also all set to buy it until I heard that there is no dedicated server or modding support. I canceled my pre-order and won't consider buying this POS until its fixed.

I for one support the boycott on this release, you should too.. at least until Infinity Ward / Activision makes it right.

Support this by signing the petition to return dedicated servers

man am I pissed at this.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Na, we'll just keep talking and complaining here too (as well as that other thread)
    Yea.... BECAUSE NO ONE CARES (big bold letters by David/parallelzero) enough to post in the other thread (so you've got to come over here and fill up this perfectly good thread with all of the "IW SUCKS! BOYCOTT THEM!!!!" posts). In other words... you're like the only person on PC that cares about all of this dedicated servers crap. And if you do find 3 other people who are willing to boycott the game with you, congrats. There's going to be like 10 or 20 times the number of people posting in here saying "MW2 is fricken awesome. Anyone up for a game?".

you console players aren't helping things much by still buying / playing this game.

I for one support the boycott on this release, you should too.. at least until Infinity Ward / Activision makes it right.
    I personally could give a rat's rear end (to put it nicely) about the PC version of the game and these little "problems". If you and your little PC buddies want to boycott the game that's perfectly fine. But it strikes a nerve when you go off saying "you console players aren't helping things". I bet 95% of the 360/PS3 MW2 gamers could care less about the PC version. If I started a poll right here in Other Games saying "If you're buying MW2 on the 360 or PS3 do you care about dedicated servers on the PC?" I wouldn't be shocked by the results... you might be. But most people don't care. And if they do care then it's not enough for them to boycott it.
    As I stated in my post (that you didn't fully read) "But at the same time I'm not stupid enough to boycott one of the best games to ever come out." "I'll be on my 37" TV playing a game called Modern Warfare 2 online with my friends..... it'll be the 360 version.... the one without dedicated servers.".

I will be picking up my copy on 11/10/09. I will be enjoying the vast campaign, the awesome Spec-Ops, and most of all... the multiplayer that will likely make me cry due to how good it will be.
    While you guys will be pissing and moaning because you can't have your little mods.
    And slowly people who have their name on that petition will go out and buy MW2 (might take a few weeks), they won't tell their "boycott buddies" but they'll buy it. And when they play it they'll go "I wish I had dedicated servers, but the game isn't that bad. I wish I had gotten it sooner.".
    And IW knows this. MW2 is a highly hyped game, and a highly wanted game. There will be some who will boycott it to the end. But IW knows that 90% of the people who said "I'll boycott it" will buy it (just like Valve and the L4D community. Most of the people who says they boycott the game will get it down the road). So, you can post in your Twitter account yelling at poor Robert Bowling until you're blue in the face but it's not changing. Just like I (and millions of others) won't be canceling my ($150 Prestige Edition) pre-order.

Back