• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The in-game weapon stats aren't accurate. I'll see if I can find a graph of the actual stats and post it.

Edit: https://novanleon.fileave.com/MW2 Weapon Chart.gif

From that you can see where the in-game stats are misleading. The FAMAS actually does as much damage per round as the M16.

Last edited:

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    What guns have you guys mastered?

I'm on my 7th. I got the:

ACR, Scar-H, Barret .50 Cal, Intervention, RPD and the UMP45, Goin for my MP5K now.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • What guns have you guys mastered?

ACR, Scar-H, Barret .50 Cal, Intervention, RPD and the UMP45, Goin for my MP5K now.

9 so far, M4, M16, ACR, Barret .50, Intervention, M21, UMP .45, TAR 21, AK47.

Working on my SCAR and RPD now.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • What guns have you guys mastered?

I don't prestige.

Rifles: M16, SCAR, TAR-21, F2000, AK-47
    Shotguns: SPAS-12, Striker, and practicing AA-12 and Ranger
    Subs: Vector
    Machine guns: All except RPD
    Sniper: WA2000 and M82, practicing M21 EBR

And FAL fails, G3 rules in CoD4.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • We can just anything about MW2 here right?

I bought it like last week after playing a couple of missions at my mates house and to be honest it was a let-down in my opinion. Didn't really live up to the hype at all.
    Yeah it's a great game and all but ehh.
    And the ending of it was just blegh.
    I personally liked the campaign, I think as far as story goes it was better then CoD4. But it was slightly shorter then CoD4.
    And if you're only getting the game for the campaign then you're just wasting your money. Like I said, it's a good campaign, but if you're not getting it to play online then renting it would be best.

What guns have you guys mastered?

Mastered as in got...
    Modern Warfare 2

That title? I've got one weapon, and that's the SCAR. I don't go for Mastery weapons because I think it's a waste of time until I hit 10th. Yea, I'll get a new title. But I try to use different weapons every now and then. So getting extended mags for a weapon is.... not what I do.

And FAL fails, G3 rules in CoD4.
    The old G3 was awesome. I loved it back in the day when people were swearing up and down that Alex and I had mods. These days the new G3 just threw us off and shots we could have gotten with the old one just didn't happen with the new one.
    I know most people didn't see a difference, but there was a change. One big enough where I dropped the G3 and went back to the M16.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Am I the only person who thinks that silencers on sniper rifles are terrible?
    I seem to only get hit markers, and alert the guy to where I am, unless I get a head shot..

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Am I the only person who thinks that silencers on sniper rifles are terrible?
    I seem to only get hit markers, and alert the guy to where I am, unless I get a head shot..
    If you're playing Normal then you never want to have one on. I've hit people in the head and it not kill them (and when I say I hit them in the head I mean it hit.... you could see the person shake from the hit). Hardcore might be a little different.

But personally, I don't like them on. It'll throw your shot off, and sometimes even in Hardcore it won't be a 1 hit kill.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    When I first heard you could put silencers on sniper rifles, I screamed in joy. Sadly, since the release of the game, I can't say I've enjoyed using a silencer one bit on a sniper rifle. They are indeed horrible. I don't even bother, unless I'm trying to get the heart beat sensor of course.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I think they made them crappy for a reason (I can get kills with them, but not as good as one without a silencer), so EVERYONE wouldn't use them.
    It's a pain to find a Ninja Cold Blooded silenced sniper if you don't have a headset, or don't have your TV turned up high.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • The only sniper I used silenced is M21, since I can get 2 consecutive shots at a medium range(only with stopping power).

Almost completed all the Spec Ops mission(hardened, I completed 5 in veteran mode), and still trying to figure out my strategy in High Explosive. I keep blowing myself up using RPG's and everytime I fire my Thumper, a Juggernaut will at the same time fire at me(at close range). Any tips please?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The only sniper I used silenced is M21, since I can get 2 consecutive shots at a medium range(only with stopping power).

Almost completed all the Spec Ops mission(hardened, I completed 5 in veteran mode), and still trying to figure out my strategy in High Explosive. I keep blowing myself up using RPG's and everytime I fire my Thumper, a Juggernaut will at the same time fire at me(at close range). Any tips please?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUBuyG6vKE
    Good luck. XD

Or you could...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yyc_h9YK_c

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I tried out a silenced Intervention tonight in S&D and it took me 2-3 shots to kill the guy >__>

I'll stick with FMJ or ACOG imo XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've returned to using the SCAR, i feel so dirty :'(

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • I just realized how easy it is to get headshots in 3rd person team tactical.

Spawned as the Task Force in Afghan and rushed up the left side of the path with a UMP/M9 combo, as soon as I came from behind a rock I always look out in regular teamm deathmatch, 3 guys ran right in front of me, and I shot with my UMP and got a triple kill, all headshots. It's also good for ranking up the pistol, and much funner too IMO.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'm pissed off so much. I just got down playing with some asses who insisted to camp and use akimbo shotties.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Haha, why? I loooove the SCAR.
    Because it;s such an overpowered gun and I end up feeling too comfortable with it and inevitably stop paying attention to the enemy team as much as I would.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Because it;s such an overpowered gun and I end up feeling too comfortable with it and inevitably stop paying attention to the enemy team as much as I would.

And I thought AK-47 is much more overpowered. XP

The only thing that pisses me of about SCAR is it's low ammo count, so I'm forced to use EM. In my opinion, TAR-21 and F2000 is better. You can move alot with those guns without Marathon pro.

And thanks for those vid Arcanine, although it takes me 3 times to duplicate those in the vid. The juggernauts keep coming from my sides.

And what if the Juggernaut perk is still in the game? I could imagine it's pro version like the ones in the Spec Ops.

Back