• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • I'm getting so damn tasty with the SPAS 12, its pretty much my main weapon now.
    What do you use for your Spas? I'm always uncertain on what to put on it, usually using Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim. For some reason I always want to use Marathon with it, but the Spas has such a low reloading time.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • What do you use for your Spas? I'm always uncertain on what to put on it, usually using Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim. For some reason I always want to use Marathon with it, but the Spas has such a low reloading time.

I know you weren't asking me, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

I use Sleight of Hand or Scavenger/Stopping Power/Ninja Pro on my SPAS. It's a really good long-range gun and if you use it right you can really go through stuff with it. I find if you get into a lot of close-range firefights then the best option for the SPAS is Sleight of Hand so you can get into the action and not have to step out to reload and risk missing a kill/getting a death. I do recommend always to use Stopping Power, though. Steady Aim really doesn't help a lot. As long as they're pretty well in the crosshairs they'll get killed by the SPAS. It's very inconsistent, but that's not a question of using Steady Aim or not.

I haven't played MW2 in a while or used the SPAS in a while, so I haven't been able to experiment with it lately.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    What do you use for your Spas?.

I used the Spas a lot, up until I got M1014. But Stopping Power is a must for Spas. I never really used SoH though. I always Had Bling Grip/ FMJ. Last, but not least, Steady Aim is really not necessary since I never aim with any shotgun, so I would say Ninja or Commando just in case.

Since I use M1014 I go with SoH + SB + SA (Used for intervention)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I know you weren't asking me, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

I use Sleight of Hand or Scavenger/Stopping Power/Ninja Pro on my SPAS. It's a really good long-range gun and if you use it right you can really go through stuff with it. I find if you get into a lot of close-range firefights then the best option for the SPAS is Sleight of Hand so you can get into the action and not have to step out to reload and risk missing a kill/getting a death. I do recommend always to use Stopping Power, though. Steady Aim really doesn't help a lot. As long as they're pretty well in the crosshairs they'll get killed by the SPAS. It's very inconsistent, but that's not a question of using Steady Aim or not.

I haven't played MW2 in a while or used the SPAS in a while, so I haven't been able to experiment with it lately.

I used the Spas a lot, up until I got M1014. But Stopping Power is a must for Spas. I never really used SoH though. I always Had Bling Grip/ FMJ. Last, but not least, Steady Aim is really not necessary since I never aim with any shotgun, so I would say Ninja or Commando just in case.

Since I use M1014 I go with SoH + SB + SA (Used for intervention)
    Interesting, I always thought Steady Aim would help but maybe I'm wrong. I actually never thought of using Bling before, I don't think I've ever actually used it. What do you use for your primary weapon? I was thinking of using the TAR, considering its my best weapon and its fast or either the Vector w/Rapid Fire (which is beast haha), but I honestly don't know.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm getting so damn tasty with the SPAS 12, its pretty much my main weapon now.
    7th or 8th prestige I pretty much only used that weapon. I mean I played a lot of S&D and that's what I always ran with. I LOVE the weapon, and in that prestige I hit the 1000 kills mark. If I weren't trying to use a bunch of other weapons (I'm 10th now, so I'm using things like the Rangers, M1014, 1887's, G18, etc) then the SPAS would be on most of my classes.

It's very inconsistent, but that's not a question of using Steady Aim or not.
    Thank you! At least someone agrees that it's not consistent. I love the weapon, and it's a killer for Hardcore. But on Core you can shoot someone 2 foot away and it not kill, but shoot someone 6 foot and they're dead with one shot. That is my only prob with the gun. If it were more consistent then I'd use it a lot more because I have soooo much fun running around the map with a SPAS, Marathon, and Ninja.

FMJ is kind of pointless on the SPAS, unless you're using Bling for your main weapon and having 2 attachments for the secondary.
    But I do agree with SoH, if it weren't for running around with Marathon then my second pick for a Blue Perk would be SoH.

My prob with the M1014 is the range. It's good for clearing out rooms (even if I use a SPAS for that), and I'd take it over the AA12 and the Striker. But I have been let down soooo many times due to the short range on the weapon. I'm used to the SPAS so I'll be a good ways off and and try to kill them with it, where the SPAS would hit or kill the M1014, so I'll be standing there with all 4 shots gone and be like "Heh heh..... oh snap".

The shotgun I've been using a lot are the Rangers. Yea their range is a lot worse then the M1014, but they are sooooo good up close. And I'm used to them so if they're close enough 95% of the time I'll get them. I just think they're fun to use running around with. People use them to camp with, but I like running around with them out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The SPAS-12 is my secondary on all my assault classes. I just put grip on and use SoH as my blue perk. Also, like you all said, it really is inconsistent, but the key is lining up your shot to the middle of their body. I find that when I hit them up close and get a hit-marker but no kill, that I missed from hitting the middle of their body.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I just recently started using the SPAS again myself. I used it for the longest time until I unlocked the M1014. If not those than I usually go either for the Rangers or the AA12. Never enjoyed using the Striker too much.

I don't know about you guys, but I actually enjoy using only one 1887 compared to the *****d akimbo for it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Finally the ps3 is getting the map pack. I have been waiting so long for this and will actually start playing the game again. Hope it is good.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Same as. Playing cod till it does as nothing to do tomorrow as I'm skipping school to play it.

Might finally get the good non noobtube players back. and all of CHAP

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I am using my friends account as its double exp. No point for me as I'm already max. add havok242. I will be on till its up. Not on much tomorrow as got a funeral to go to. But will be on pretty much most of that night.

Onto old topic. Spas is my favourite Shotgun on my assuaul classes. Haven't really used any of the others. I also like the G18 akimbo. They are a lot of fun to use.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I think we should get a huge free for all game and see whos the best between us. I think its me, considering I'd kick all your arses with Akimbo Glocks haha >:D

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I rarely lose in Free for All matches. In fact I got my 40 game winstreak playing FFA.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • K BBY.

Got bored of it last night before the maps came out.
    Shame how one game, full of idiots, can ruin the game.
    Agreed.
    For the new maps, Bailout is definetly the worse, its just a one sided game.
    The team that has the walkway that connects the house with the pool table and the house with the treadmills is 90% always the victors.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Meh. If they are owning the main point in the map (In that case, the walkway on Bailout) then just keep trying to flank them. If you get enough people doing it then it shouldn't take long to take it over. I remember a game last night of TDM on that map and the enemy team was owning the walkway, but we still won. I was just trying to pick each one off that exposed themselves on the walkway and I got a good many kills doing that.

edit: Also, last night I had my best TDM score ever. 44-3 on Underpass. Pretty sure the only other time I'd gotten 40 kills on TDM was on Hardcore TDM so I guess it didn't really count (as much).

edit2: Just got my first 30-0 free for all game. Feels good man. Of course everyone in the lobby didn't give me any credit and accused me of cheating, but that's to be expected with MW2's online community. If someone isn't a mediocre, bad player then everyone assumes they're cheating. Oh well.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Got the map packs. Forgot to tell people here I found out that PS3 store isn't updated till UK time of 3pm so they weren't out till then. Decided atm the map pack is a waste. every game I have been in everyone is tubing and using commando, Getting bored already. Might play Super street fighter 4 which I bought today

Back