• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Public transportation in my city is horrible. The buses are always late and sometimes the drivers never stop whenever someone requests a stop.

Years
  • Been here for six years, and I have yet to learn the routes of the buses that come around. :[

But then again, I've never had a need to ride them, so I've never had a need to look up stuff like that. I only just looked up the fares out of curiosity only a few months ago!

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Public transportation in my city is good enough for what I need to move around. I live 7 minutes on foot from my faculty, and have an underground station 10 minutes from my home, and a bus stop just down the street where buses to pretty much everywhere in the city stop by. At most a 20-minute walk to the place students usually go for a night out. I don't really need a car.

2) I really don't trust myself behind the wheel. Truth be told, I'm terrified of taking my driver's exams, mostly because I feel like I'd fail it due to either being too nervous, too distracted, or both. At least, I feel like that would be me if I was actually on the roads.

That's exactly how I felt before I went to have driving lessons, and even while taking them. In the end I got the license. I guess you just get used to it and gain more confidence while you drive :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I have to take a bus to get to school everyday, it's so sketchy. The public transit here is iffy cause one day you'll be waiting only 5 minutes for the bus and other days it takes 30 minutes.

Sirfetch’d

Has anyone ever gotten a traffic ticket here? I was pulled over the other day for speeding, though I was let off with a warning.

Years
  • My mom's gotten a speeding ticket before and my dad got a DUI before.
    My step father's only had parking tickets lol.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Public Transportation. Now there's an exquisite meme.

Its actually quite sad that I only learned how to commute on my own during my 1st year of college ON my first school back in 2007. Ever since i transferred schools to change my course, i've been living and learning the ins, outs, dos, and don'ts of public transportation. But recently we've hired a driver again, and given the rather unsafe conditions in the Philippines especially in the Metro Areas, its a huge benefit, especially since I often bring my big hunk of whatever material a Laptop is made of, aka my Laptop around.

pkmin3033

I've never gotten a ticket, because I don't drive. I have, however, been fined for travelling on a train without a ticket...which I appealed, because it blatantly was not my fault the ticket machine wasn't working and the conductor was nowhere to be found. I was not amused that day...so often I've travelled on trains and not had my ticket checked and the barriers have been down, the one time I don't and suddenly everyone is on high alert. Hrmn...

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I hate having to rely on trains but I'm too scared to drive. I'm accident prone enough just walking.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I never had any problems with public transportations in my past experience when in big cities like San Diego or Anaheim. Though I never drive myself into those big cities myself (I go there during family trips).

Years
  • No tickets here.

...Well, part of that is because I haven't driven much in the past few years, but even when I did drive, I didn't get any tickets, or even get pulled over for speeding at all.

Though I thought I was going to get one once, when a cop on the interstate decided he wanted to turn on his lights just to get me to move out of that lane so he could pass me. :T And I was going a bit over the speed limit at the time, so all I could think of was "crap crap crap I'm going to get a ticket now aren't I?" But nope.

Sirfetch’d

I've been pulled over twice in my life. Once was for speeding as I already mentioned, the other time was failure to stop completely at a stop sign. I explained that I was on my way to graduation practice at the time and luckily got off there as well. One of these days though I am going to have to pay a fine... Maybe I should just be more careful.

Years
  • Be careful!

Here they have a point system and if you lose enough points you lose your license for like a year or such.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Arranging a semi-successful "date" with a Japanese friend is one of the best things I've ever done. It was just a casual one though. If being in-time is to ensure a successful closer friendship, then you must be on time! She really encouraged me because when you say a certain time to them, THEY KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT THERE MORE THAN YOU DO PAL because they INVENTED IT! And no other Far east Asian can best the Japanese in being just in time for a meeting in a venue, and in the ring of honor.

I have one advise for everybody who has their "alpha male like or sorta" friend with the wheels and likes to be "the man" (but not as man and a half as I am)... Whenever you tell that kind of friend of yours to be entrusted with providing the wheels to the ladies, better make sure that friend of yours has the necessary navigational skills. There's nothing more embarrassing to any MAN WITH WHEELS out there than to be pulled over by the boys-in-blue while being entrusted with the ladies.

it happened on a birthday night i had. We were all supposed to meet in one venue after the dinner. Me, a friend, and a Japanese male went to take a cab, I entrusted my friend with the wheels (who's also a rather fit guy too) to drive the ladies, only for HIM to be pulled over by the blue boys for making a wrong turn. I was laughing the whole night off and telling that friend of mine that he lost a lot of lady-points in that night.

Pro Tip from a Southern Maniac like myself; Keep your eyes on the road, including your imaginary ones. For the ladies out here, remember that some guys can't resist having all of the ladies, chicks, and dudettes inside the wheels. That friend of mine lacked the murderskills.

~ Memories from a rather successful birthday gathering i had...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    New thread title is fun. A Kit-Kat a day keeps the doctor away.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Clever. I knew there's something going on.

So one of my friends just called. Apparently, he's asking me for a friendly sparring match later. I'm actually quite nervous since last time we sparred, he took it way too seriously after i nailed him on the head with a straight right hand. The guy fights like he's killing people, and doesn't stop until someone is either knocked out or tapped out.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

The Shannara Chronicles season finale is on in seven minutes. Why do I do these things to myself. I need to establish a limit on the masochism I'm allowed to subject myself to each day. This show is enough for a week--no, a month.

...so yeah, business as usual. You?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back