• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen muti-region game again?

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
Years
  • a major question that i have is, will it be muti-regional like in Gold and Silver? and if it is then do you think that they will make it so you can also go to the 7 island thing. because i have waited for them to make a muti-region game again, just because i liked it when it first happened, and will they revamp the player models, or keep them close to the same? and i would like to see some other and or more backstory for ???. yes, i hope every one remembers ???'s part to play.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
  • Like, maybe under Tohjo Falls?

Did anyone realise that Tohjo is Johto spelled wrong, like so flip the Jo and To and you get Tohjo... not very creative there now we're they?

and what the heck, it lookes like the male guy didnt even change, like they just we like, "lets take the very old pic of him and just give him longer pants." and if they compleatly remake the game, then my old Gold/Silver guide will work.

exteradude

It should have Kanto. If it's a remake of Gold/Silver, it'll have Kanto like Gold/Silver does. If it's just Johto, they're taking out a feature that was in the original game, making it less of a remake. Plus, having the first/second Regional Game in 10 years really does add to the awesome.

Reason for "first/second:"
    [Was the Sevii Islands in FR/LG an actual region? In Japan they say yes (As I've heard from some of the Forum users) but in America I haven't heard anything of the sort. Yes, a tad Off-topic.]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It should have Kanto. If it's a remake of Gold/Silver, it'll have Kanto like Gold/Silver does. If it's just Johto, they're taking out a feature that was in the original game, making it less of a remake. Plus, having the first/second Regional Game in 10 years really does add to the awesome.

Reason for "first/second:"
    [Was the Sevii Islands in FR/LG an actual region? In Japan they say yes (As I've heard from some of the Forum users) but in America I haven't heard anything of the sort. Yes, a tad Off-topic.]

Exactly what was in my mind. If they keep out Kanto, it'll only be playing like half of what was given back 10 years ago. Plus, it'll be a big disappointment to those who would be looking forward to the double trip through Johto and Kanto.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I highly doubt they would add any other region but the Kanto. The Kanto and Johto are connected and they both are similar as well.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • They better have both versions to be considered as a remake or else I'm just going to pay 15 bucks for the game (I'll wait)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd be happy with just having Johto and Kanto, but anything extra would be gladly accepted. :P

Years
  • Did anyone realise that Tohjo is Johto spelled wrong, like so flip the Jo and To and you get Tohjo... not very creative there now we're they?

Actually, being the link between Kanto and Johto, it was more like Kantohjohto.

Anyway, this won't be a remake in my mind unless it has almost every feature that GSC had. Crystal was my first game, and I liked going to different regions so much that at first I thought that, as a reward for completing the Pokedex in RS, you'd get to go to Kanto and Johto. I didn't know anything about how much memory the Game Pak had back then, so...

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think they should definatly have Kanto, how can they remake the game without half of the events in it? It would make it a lot shorter and many people would be disappointed. I think you should be able to go to the Orange Islands, it's not another region as a whole and going from island to island would be pretty awesome. Or if they added each Whirlpool island like in the Johto series and you can enter the water pokemon tournament and win the necklace to increase water attack powers.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Magnet train.

That alone makes me believe that they're not going to take Kanto out.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Did anyone realise that Tohjo is Johto spelled wrong, like so flip the Jo and To and you get Tohjo... not very creative there now we're they?

and what the heck, it lookes like the male guy didnt even change, like they just we like, "lets take the very old pic of him and just give him longer pants." and if they compleatly remake the game, then my old Gold/Silver guide will work.
    Actually, they translated the falls name wrong. It should be Tojoh. It references the end of Kanto (To) and the start of Johto (Joh), both literally and figuratively.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't really want them to add in any other region than the Kanto. The Kanto region would suit the remake better. It's a possibility that they will make it with the Kanto region and the Johto region.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If the DS Cartridge can store up room for a large Battle Facility, then yes, it can definitely have enough to hold the Kanto Region. Plus, they always or most of the time leave the games with a little space left over.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't see why they would take it out, a DS cartridge should be able to hold all the data.

If the DS cartridge should be able to hold all the data then I would hope they would add the Kanto region again. It would only make sense if they add the Kanto region because the Hoenn region was in three games, and the Sinnoh region was in three games.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Oh, I hope they keep Kanto.

It would be like: R/B/Y Remake 1.5? XD

Actually, I'd like to see if they include the Sevii Islands. That would be pretty awesome, not to mention a way longer game.

Heh, before we know it we're gonna have a R/S/E remake on our hands, too... hopefully.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Basically, I'm pretty sure this game will stick to a muilt-regional game...With a little extra twist to it as well, for some reason.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • If they are really want this remake of Gold and Silver to be successful, then Kanto must be included, no matter what.

I'm not sure about other places, such as the Orange or Sevii Islands.

Back