• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Myspace, Facebook, Other?

myspace vs facebook

• myspace

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • facebook

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    I have both a Facebook and MySpace account. I don't really use either on a regular basis, though; only to keep in contact with my old friends, since I moved a while ago and haven't seen any of them in a few years.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I have myspace/facebook/tagged/friendster, mostly I like to used my friendster account and the second would be my myspace

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you ask an Irish kid what Facebook or Myspace is, he'll look up at you blankly. All teenagers and young adults in Ireland use Bebo so naturally I got an account to communicate with my friends. A while ago, I got a Myspace and a Facebook just to be able to compare them to Bebo and they were okay. Prefer Bebo, really. I have a Livejournal that is strictly online friends only to make up for the offline friends only Bebo account. There's private data on the Bebo account but I don't really care about that. I think we all know deep down that we're decent human beings here. No, the reason my Bebo is kept secret from the online world is because of two reasons. The first is that my friends in real life will be wondering where all of these international people came from. The second is that I don't know anyone online who has a Bebo anyway, so yeah.

I'm also a member of various VBulletin communities. And before you say that they aren't social networking sites, I want to know what you think VBulletin was turned into when the 3.7. upgrade came into play.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have a MySpace account, which is used as a way of keeping in contact with friends of both present and past.
    Really just for in case MSN ceases to exist or something.

I don't understand what these assumptions are about MySpace users having no lives and stuff. Are there seriously people that can spend their whole day on the site looking at profiles? :/

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't understand what these assumptions are about MySpace users having no lives and stuff. Are there seriously people that can spend their whole day on the site looking at profiles? :/

Meh, social networking sites can be extremely addictive. I know people who log on to Bebo as soon as they come home from school and they don't log off until midnight (excluding eating times, of course).

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Umm... My brother doesn't even stop for meals, really... He takes his dinner and eats in front of the computer a lot of the time. I find it repulsive, but I can't do anything about it.

So yes, yes there are people who spend their whole lives on Facebook or MySpace or Bebo... And it's not pretty.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    I have a Facebook and a MySpace, but I use the MySpace more. Dad had me making myself a Facebook a few years ago when he first made his, I just don't like how private things on there are made so public (relationship changes, etc)

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I have Bebo, as it is half good. It was 'all the rage' in '05, so I got one. I also got a FaceBook last week, to vote on a Sega poll, doing my best to avoid another Shadow spinoff. :S
    I haven't even looked at MySpace, I just know it is another clone, used by celebrities. Woo.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I am not on any site like this. I have been asked by so many people to sign up but I have no interest in them personally, to me they just seem pointless and I'm not interested in adding anyone I don't know and just talking to people from RL is pointless, I prefer to give them a call or just sign onto MSN and talk to them.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I have a Myspace, but I rarely use it. I only ever go on if I get an e-mail about friend requests or comments =/

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Just got a Facebook the other day. Boy it's addicting @__@
    Still wondering how people get 300 friends though. I have 30 in my first day so...I'm getting somewhere!

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Personally, I hate all of them. Maybe except for Bebo, but I just generally don't like that was well.
    I think I'll stick to LJ.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I have a MySpace that I never use, and I have a Facebook that I just disabled a few days ago since I had been spending way too much time on there, among other reasons. However, now I realize how convenient it was to be able to talk to my friends so easily online, and I might want to turn it back on again. :/

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I have a Facebook, unfortunately, which my IRL friends talked me into getting. >.< I can't access the site from my home computer, which is too bad because all my friends seem to use Facebook as the only way to keep in touch.

Kyuukon

I'm the 129th Thousand Member!
    Years
    Bebo is also another popular profile page.
    im Addicted to Facebook only for the apps
    Especially Mafia Wars <3 lol

Back