• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NBA Playoffs 2009

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I can't believe we're so far into the post-season and no one has yet to make a thread. Here are the current standings:

Eastern Conference Finals
    Orlando Magic (4) VS. Cleavland Cavaliers (1)

Western Conference Finals

Los Angeles Lakers (4) VS. Denver Nuggets (2)

NBA Playoff Finals
    Orlando Magic (1) VS. Los Angeles Lakers (4)

NBA Playoff Champions
    Los Angeles Lakers

Let's start by talking about the tonight's game in Cleavland, which was won by the Cavaliers in a buzzer beating shot by Lebron James. I personally am rooting for the Magic to win this series. If it takes you a buzzer beating shot to win a game at your OWN home court, then there's no way you can expect to win at the other team's home.

Last edited:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Cavaliers vs. Nuggets.

I'll explain my reasoning - Orlando is a good team, but I don't think they have the agility and strength to keep up with the King and his team. It'll be a close series, but James will lead the Cavs to a victory with a ticket to the championship. The Nuggets are going to beat the Lakers with ease. The Lakers are a little to overconfident and seem to be losing games for absolutely no reason; this is going to backfire against them causing them to lose the Western Conference Finals.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Cavaliers vs. Nuggets.

I'll explain my reasoning - Orlando is a good team, but I don't think they have the agility and strength to keep up with the King and his team. It'll be a close series, but James will lead the Cavs to a victory with a ticket to the championship.

Orlando has won the 9 of 12 against Cleveland and won all of their games at home against Cleveland as well as giving Cleveland their biggest loss of the year in Orlando. The Magic already have had buzzer beaters against them against Boston and Philadelphia. That's why I predict Denver vs. Orlando.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Well Lakers came back to take the win from the Nuggets today.

I'm rather disappointed that Denver lost...

Ettore KOR

Italian Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2009
    I think Denver is going to lose against Lakers.
    Cleveland-Orlando....pretty pretty hard. I'll go with Orlando over Lebr..Cleveland at last game.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'm rooting for the Lakers for the sole reason of Kobe winning a championship without the help of Shaq. I think Lebron is a good player, but he's also fairly new. He has time to win championships while Kobe is getting no younger. I also dislike it how they always compare James to Michael Jordan. As for the Denver, I believe they're a good team and might actually beat the Lakers. However, if the Lakers can beat them, then neither the Cavs nor the Magic will be a match for them.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I honestly hope the Magic win it all. I'm not a fan of any of the teams left, but I certainly don't want Lebron or Kobe winning it all. Lakers have been inconsistent for most the playoffs. Any of the two Eastern teams have a chance of beating them.

Anyone watch the Orlando/Cleveland game last night? LeBron definitely has the refs on his side. :laugh:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I honestly hope the Magic win it all. I'm not a fan of any of the teams left, but I certainly don't want Lebron or Kobe winning it all. Lakers have been inconsistent for most the playoffs. Any of the two Eastern teams have a chance of beating them.

Anyone watch the Orlando/Cleveland game last night? LeBron definitely has the refs on his side. :laugh:

That's because the NBA wants James and Bryant in the Finals. With those dumb commercials (The Kobe's Unstopable was pretty funny though) it's quite obvious. Orlando was going to win it from the start anyway.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    The game tonight was great. The Cavs will most definitely lose to the Magic now. As for the Lakers, I'm still not sure. I can tell they're not playing their hardest.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    For some reason his shots always look like they're going to go in. I wasn't breathing from the moment he put it up 'til the sound of the buzzer.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    That game was pretty boring. They were going head to head up until the end of the 4th quarter, when the Lakers finally started playing like the superstars they claim to be. I'm giving tonight's game to the Cavs, since it is at their home.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Go Magic, Go Magic, Go ~

We all made bets today at school it'd be Lakers vs. Magic, or at least we hope so lol

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I'm giving tonight's game to the Cavs, since it is at their home.
    Yeah, no. The Cavaliers barely won Game 2 at home and lost Game 1. They're not going back to Orlando since the Magic already proved they can close out on the road in the last round against Boston.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, no. The Cavaliers barely won Game 2 at home and lost Game 1. They're not going back to Orlando since the Magic already proved they can close out on the road in the last round against Boston.

That doesn't mean they will though, lol. The Cavaliers are much stronger than the Celtics without KG, and LeBron probably isn't going to go out getting nearly swept. The Cavs, even if they will probably lose the series, are better than that. I would be shocked if they lose, or at least if they get blown out.

Lakers will win it all despite not exactly having hearts of champions, just a gut feeling (which has been right the past two years with the Spurs and Celtics).

I want the Magic to win it all though, and it would be funny if Coach Gundy got a championship despite all of the heat he takes.

Back