• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NBA Playoffs 2009

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, it kind of does since the Magic have won like the last 10 of 14 against Cleveland.

And the Magic are stronger than the Cavaliers with James.

He might as well been swept since their only win was a result of a lucky shot.

The above. ↑

Don't be.

Not if Orlando plays like they did in Overtime in Game 4.

Now, I wait for an Orlando comeback.

I believe I called that <3

You can't just say that history determines how a game turns out. More often than not it does, but this is Cleveland we're talking about, arguably the best team in the NBA. History would have told us that the Patriots would have disposed of the Giants too.

You seem to be really high on the Magic, but the Cavaliers can play basketball too, you know. lol

Anyway, I look for the Magic to close out the series. I'm not going to say that the Magic are better than the Cavs, but they're certainly better when they play the Cavs, so they'll probably win game 6. If they don't though, they could be in a lot of trouble.

Oh, and the Lakers will beat either team. Gotta stand by my pre-playoffs pick ^_^

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I believe I called that <3
    Lucky day for the LeBrons.

You can't just say that history determines how a game turns out. More often than not it does, but this is Cleveland we're talking about, arguably the best team in the NBA. History would have told us that the Patriots would have disposed of the Giants too.
    History tells us that a good defense beats a good offense most of the time.

You seem to be really high on the Magic, but the Cavaliers can play basketball too, you know. lol
    Yeah, an Orlando/Los Angeles series would be fun. The LeBrons can play basketball since LeBron is still there. Without him the Finals would've been determined by now.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Wow, Lebron just pulled a Carmello and totally choked in this important game. Or maybe it was just Magic's awesome defense. Either way, the team to represent the East will be the Magic who will face the Lakers. First game on Thursday, I believe.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Cavaliers vs. Nuggets.

I'll explain my reasoning - Orlando is a good team, but I don't think they have the agility and strength to keep up with the King and his team. It'll be a close series, but James will lead the Cavs to a victory with a ticket to the championship. The Nuggets are going to beat the Lakers with ease. The Lakers are a little to overconfident and seem to be losing games for absolutely no reason; this is going to backfire against them causing them to lose the Western Conference Finals.

Seems like you were dead wrong, JD. xD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Lucky day for the LeBrons.

Can you not pin everything good the Cavs do as just luck? I know you seem to hate "the LeBrons" (and erm, it's not like the rest of their team is the Oklahoma City Thunder, but w/e), but maybe they were just better that night lol. It's not like the better team (as Orlando has clearly been this series) ALWAYS wins or that their losses are because of luck. Just admit the Magic were bested, even if it was by the team you seem to despise.

History tells us that a good defense beats a good offense most of the time.

Yeah, most of the time. Not always, like you were strongly implying/basically said...

Warped Reflection said:
    Anti said:
    That doesn't mean they will though, lol.
    Yeah, it kind of does since the Magic have won like the last 10 of 14 against Cleveland.

Yeah, it kind of doesn't, actually. The result proves my point. Your own point should have told you that your reasoning was off...the Cavs DID win 4 out of those 14 games. Game 5 could have easily been one of them. Turns out it was.

Picking games isn't an exact science...there is a difference between disagreeing with my pick and saying it's downright wrong. You can't reasonably say that since picks are, as the name implies, just predictions. You can base it on history and all of that and be correct more often than not, but you can't just say that someone who doesn't agree is wrong, since games aren't determined on paper. On paper, a lot of people had the Cavaliers sweeping the Magic, lol.

Yeah, an Orlando/Los Angeles series would be fun. The LeBrons can play basketball since LeBron is still there. Without him the Finals would've been determined by now.

Your obvious anti-Cleveland bias aside (which as you can tell, sort of bothers me), I am excited to see how the series turns out. I find the NBA's product isn't nearly as fun to watch as the NCAA's, but I'll be watching down the stretch if the Series gets interesting. I kind of want the Lakers to win just because I'd like to see Kobe get the Shaq-less ring and to make last years finals not as miserable. I'm no Lakers fan, but Kobe probably deserves it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Can you not pin everything good the Cavs do as just luck? 「Snip」 Just admit the Magic were bested, even if it was by the team you seem to despise.
    Of course the Magic were bested in Game 5. If Cleveland played that way earlier, they might've swept Orlando or at most 6 games would've been the end.

Yeah, most of the time. Not always, like you were strongly implying/basically said...
    As long as it works out most of the time it's no use arguing over.

Yeah, it kind of doesn't, actually. The result proves my point. Your own point should have told you that your reasoning was off...the Cavs DID win 4 out of those 14 games. Game 5 could have easily been one of them. Turns out it was.
    Yes, the Magic did win all of its home games against the Cavs in the regular season. Just like it turned out to be as well.

Picking games isn't an exact science...there is a difference between disagreeing with my pick and saying it's downright wrong. You can't reasonably say that since picks are, as the name implies, just predictions. You can base it on history and all of that and be correct more often than not, but you can't just say that someone who doesn't agree is wrong, since games aren't determined on paper. On paper, a lot of people had the Cavaliers sweeping the Magic, lol.
    I never said you were wrong, I disagreed and said why. If I did say you were wrong directly then I apologize.

Your obvious anti-Cleveland bias aside (which as you can tell, sort of bothers me),
    I root for the Browns though. I describe it more as an anti-Cavaliers bias since there are some sports fans that have biases against other sports teams due to competition in the division or conference.

I'll note now that I'm more of a underdog rooter and that is why I was rooting for Orlando and Denver. They weren't my pick for the Finals until the Conference Finals started this year.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    So Game 1 is on behind me. Lakers just got a slam dunk... And we're only a minute in. So, I'm expecting a close game or a blowout by the Lakers. *very optimistic*

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    *headdesk* My goodness. Howard's racked up two fouls, and we're not even in the second quarter (period. Whatever xD).

Edit: Up by two, at the end of the first period. And now the preview for the new HP movie is playing ^^

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Gortat isn't bad, though. He's no Howard, but he's good enough, I think. As long as the Lakers don't rack up pointa in Dwight's absence, I won't get too disgruntled.

Edit: And what do you know. A steal, then a rebound from Gortat followed by a three pointer. Nicely played.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Wow, Jameer Nelson hasn't played a game in 4 months, and look it him. What a bonus if the Magic can get their all-star PG back. :knockedou

Gortat is an excellent energy-type player, which all teams need.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Down by one with a time out... this game certainly isn't going to end anytime soon. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to regualr season much... I hardly remember Jameer Nelson. xD I just know he's one of the Magic's best players, and that he was injured.

Last edited:
    Back