• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NBA Playoffs 2009

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Seems like they are, right now... Bryant's as much a monster as James, only the Lakers actually have other good players.

Another thing I'm noticing... this game is going a lot faster. I think there have been fewer foul calls, is what it is... but maybe it's just me.

Edit: Ick. Down by ten at the half... Not good.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Well, it's not like the Magic haven't come back from big leads before, lol. They definitely have the fire power to do so, but Lakers have more weapons so it might not be as easy as the Cleveland series.

Kobe please go cold in the second-half. :cross-eye

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Exactly. This series is going to be much harder than against the Cavs.

Somehow I doubt Kobe'll just go cold. He has to prove he can win a championship without Shaq, remember. That's going to count for something, I think.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I love how all the Lebron commercials are gone and we're FINALLY seeing some Dwight Howard commercials.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    The Vitamin Water one was funny. xD But the one with the Lebron puppet and the chalk just cracked me up.

Edit: Argh! The Magic just can't get a shot in... but Kobe is having no trouble at all.

Last edited:

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    I'm on the verge of turning the TV off... it's just ridiculous. If the Magic keep playing like this, they're going to be swept in their first second time in the Finals.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It's actually their second time, but who's counting. :laugh: That was 14 years ago though.

Ironically, they were swept by the Rockets in that series.

Kobe played great like usual. The rest of the team also stepped it up tonight. It seems the Lakers don't want to get messed up in this series like they did against the Celtics.

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
    My hypothesis is that the Lakers will win the championship but I guess we'll just have to see. I'm also hoping for the Lakers ever since the Celtics lost.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I can't see Orlando winning the championship now. They're down 2 - 0 but they're going back to Orlando so I expect Orlando to win at least 1. Unless Orlando, namely Dwight Howard, Turkoglu, etc, don't start making shots, they're going to lose in Orlando.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well, this series is over. Magic choked big time. :/
    Foul shot misses did them in, sadly. ;_; Would've been a rout if they made those simple-line shots. =(

I'm not gonna give up on them yet though, I'm just that kind of person.

Years
    Magic FTW.(I had to post this, didn't I?)
    I like both teams, but the Magic need to do some work. Lakers? Doing too much.

Personally, I'm going for the Magic.
    (Besides, I did that game on Live 09 and won with the Magic. Hmm....)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I knew the Magic were going to lose once Fisher hit that amazing three pointer. They really should have fouled once he crossed the half court line. The Magic have never had any OT drive and this game stood true to that theory.

Back