• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Never Hit a Girl"

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I think no one should be hitting anyone perioud..
    however
    If a girl does the guy first. I think he has every right to hit her back.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    When a female hits me, I usually ask why and warn her not to do it again or things will go pretty ugly.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    If it was a slap that I deserved then that's fine.
    If it was a slap that I didn't deserve, I would argue, but never retaliate.
    If it was a fight where she wouldn't stop punching me, I'd try to make her stop, but not physically injure her (I'm like that in any fight though I guess...)
    If she were a serial killer trying to murder me, then I would pretty much retaliate.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Men are generally stronger than females. It's common sense, really.

Note: This is in a general sense, not in a situation when a female strikes first.

Define "stronger". To be honest I'm offended due to how vague that was.

it shouldn't be a matter of gender, just pick on someone your own size

I'm not sure men and women are considered the same "size".
    Also, better idea. How about nobody "picks" on anyone of any size. By pick, I mean attack, because pick is a euphemism and I have a personal vendetta against euphemisms. Anyone who attacks anyone is wrong. They should have a law-Oh wait.

If a girl was acting weird and I noticed she was carrying a weapon like a knife, towards starting to threaten with a weapon. I'd probably kick her in the stomach hard enough to abort her reproductive system and run far away.

That, would be cruel, and you would be cruel not to learn one of the many more efficient and less disfiguring ways to deal with an attacker. Not to mention you would likely get stabbed if she had any idea how to use that knife.

I think if a girl or any female of that matter touches or physically hurts someone - in this case a male/boy - then they have the right to hurt them back,If it's life threating, then thats another story.

You, nor anyone else, has the right to hurt anyone. Ever. You have the right to self defense with only the force necessary to stop the attacker. Nothing more.

Imagine a lady and a man in this situation. This 'lady' decides she'll hit this man only to find out that afterwards he has not permanent brian damage. It's a matter of self defense. The lady would be punished but then the man wouldn't have the right to hit her back in self defense. To me this is not fair. If the man hit the lady then she would be able to hit him back in self denfese, how is this fair> How is this equal? D:

"The lady would be punished but then the man wouldn't have the right to hit her back in self defense. To me this is not fair."

Okay, so a lady hits a guy, and gets punished. How the heck is that not fair? In fact, that is the single most IDEAL outcome for any petty fight. Furthermore, there's this law that says you aren't allowed to use more force than necessary to stop an attacker. If said woman say, slaps you, and doesn't show any indication of intending to hit you again? And you hit her back "to be fair"? You can and will be charged. It's NOT covered under self-defense.

Chivalry is very important (Except if said girl is a royal pain in the butt, and reports you for saying good morning to her... But I digress), but there has to be a limit. Honor before reason will get you killed.

I think it's fair to say if your life is in danger, or you're in a war, morals, honor and the like become second priority.

A girl who is strong enough to pose a threat to a man isn't a lady, so the rule doesn't apply.
    (That sounds really sexist... but I really wasn't trying to be. lol)

You know, I would sooner let myself be hit multiple times by a guy, or a girl for that matter, than fight back. I am not infected with "Rebel against your feminine tendencies" syndrome.

I don't hit. I don't slap. I am generally pretty easy to victimize, and frankly I don't care. I would rather be the victim than the victimizer. At least I can say I'm not playing some childish "Eye for an eye" game with people's lives and take a bit of pride in that.

Am I a lady? Maybe.

But I assure you, I am not helpless. I would like to think that plays no role in what people think of me.

I take the "never hit a girl" thing as a discrimination against girls. :/

How is discriminating between girls and boys wrong?

As do I. My friends call me the biggest male feminist on the planet. ^-^

I wouldn't call that a good thing... Extremism has a tendency to be wrong when it comes down to it.

I think that, just because girls are "weaker" (OLOOK, I'M SEXIST. And there's nothing you can do about it!) doesn't give them a free right to slap everyone.

I walk up to a wrestler and punch him in the face. I am weaker.

He punches me back, he's an oppressive scumball.

My logic is correct because you are discriminating against the weak if you disagree with me, making you a violent hatemonger.

Making you evil.

Therefore, I win, because you are evil.

And if you are evil and support the strong oppressing the weak, you go against the very values of America!

I may be able to listen to you insult men, but I will NOT sit here and listen to your badmouthing of America!

*Walks out of court room humming America the Beautiful*

COME ON, DELTAS.

That, was some of the best satire I've ever read in a forum post.

Men are actually more abused in relationships than females.

Define "abused". This sounds extremely misleading.

I say if the girl hits you, hit her back. What else would she expect? You to apologise for getting in the way of her fists?
    Smack her just as hard as she hit you

She would EXPECT you to act like a rational adult, something you clearly would not be doing by retaliating in a petty fight. Do not retaliate without trying a less violent solution. Doing such is not okay, or good advice for anyone.

Ladies, you can equality or chivalry, not both.

Equality, or chivalry. Hmm.
    I don't want to be a man. Seems like a pretty clear answer to me.

Equal Rights are an entire other issue, though. =3

I never hit girls. If I was attacked and badly hurt by a female, I would have to put her in her place. But that's pretty much all.

Excuse me, what? What place is this? Because her place never left your side, and the implications of changing it make me glare ever so hard at my computer screen. You don't go back and hit her. You let her take the punishment the authority gives her and you move on with your life. Once the fight is over. You do NOT continue or start it again.

Hmm, I was just reading something about this the other day

When is it OK to punch your wife?

It's never "Ok". The title should be, "When is it tolerable". Physical fights between lovers are terrible things and saying they're okay is just awful.

It's crap like this that makes me despise feminism - femnazis want all the perks of equality without accepting any of the negatives sides to it (i.e. superiority, not equality).

Why hate feminists for something feminazists did?

There is no double standard - men and women are just different.

You know what the sad thing is? Many people don't seem to believe that. There are people who hate the fact that gender in fact makes a difference in life. People who devote their life to trying to convince society to pretend men and women are equal, when in reality that's a fallacy.

I personally blame the fact that treating Blacks and Whites equal works for this feat of ignorance. See, for some reason ignorant people think the difference between a black and a white person is the same as the difference between a man and a woman, or a heterosexual person and a homosexual person. In reality, the color of one's skin is just a simple gene that has almost no effect on life as we know it. One's gender is thousands of times a bigger difference. (Possible exaggeration, but the argument stands.)

So it's baffling as to why people think they're the same sorts of issues with the same sorts of solutions. Equal rights are a more fitting goal.

WAAAARGH WALL OF TEXT

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013

I'm not sure men and women are considered the same "size".
    Also, better idea. How about nobody "picks" on anyone of any size. By pick, I mean attack, because pick is a euphemism and I have a personal vendetta against euphemisms. Anyone who attacks anyone is wrong. They should have a law-Oh wait.

exactly my point, but not in a general sense- some men are bigger than some women and some women are bigger than some men. i really didn't mean "pick" to condone attacking- what i meant was, don't hurt anyone weaker than you, man or woman, even in a situation where you have to use self-defense. but you're right- violence should just not happen at all and people ought to learn to act/react rationally.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yeah, I grew up with this :

-Hit a woman if it threatens your life.
    -Never ever ever hit your girl classmates.
    -Never hit a teacher. lol jk, I never do that.

So yeah, if it's a female, but she's a criminal or something, jump on her (no pun intended), kill her, draw first blood, etc. Just make sure you stay alive.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • In general I don't hit people unless there is a necessity. For some screwed up reason it takes a lot less to be a necessity and a lot more retaliation to be a crime in man on man brawling. As in: if a guy pisses you off enough, you have full right to give him a hard punch in the stomach. If a girl pisses you off enough, however, you better not lay a finger on her or else you're goin to prison. Probably the only way you're in the clear for hitting a girl is if a: she's got huge muscles(for whatever reason....)and you will get wrecked otherwise, or b: if she has a knife/gun/bomb/mudkipz/Chuck Norris/miscellaneous other stuff that kills people.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    In my state, a male can legally claim self-defense if he is attacked by a female, but he has the burden of proof to show by preponderance of the evidence that he and another reasonable person in his situation felt threatened to the point to make fighting back necessary. This is easier to achieve if the female assailant had a weapon or intoxicated the male victim in some way.

Also, in my state, a male can be raped by female (I know in some places it is not legally possible for a female to rape a male, save when the male victim is a minor or the female uses intoxicants or foreign objects in the commission of her crime). Males can also be victims of domestic violence.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • Men are actually more abused in relationships than females.

I'd post the link but I'm restricted from doing this because I don't have 15 posts, apparently *shrug*
    Google REFERENCES EXAMINING ASSAULTS BY WOMEN ON THEIR SPOUSES OR MALE PARTNERS: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY however, and you'll find it.

I say if the girl hits you, hit her back. What else would she expect? You to apologise for getting in the way of her fists?
    Smack her just as hard as she hit you

I don't think that's true...women are naturally less violent than men. It's men who start all the wars and stuff, no offense. :nervous:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • A lot of women take advantage of the fact that the men are not allowed to hot women so they generally would abuse the men more.

However men are generally more strong than their female partners so if the man hit her it would cause a lot more serious damage than say she hit him.

Emonga

Autistic and proud of it
    Years
  • I never really saw stuff like that in really life. I would really the little house books and they said that stuff but, now days it does not happen as much as it used to. And I never got the, girl came slap a guy and get away from it thing.

Back