• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon Game In World's first shocking Pokémon announcement ~ Next month!

blue

gucci
    Years
    New Game Reveal Next Month

The new CoroCoro issue, released this week, has announced that a brand new Pokémon game is to be revealed. However, unlike people expect, this reveal isn't coming at Jump Festa but is in fact coming in the issue of CoroCoro next month, due out on January 14th 2012 in what they call a world first shocking announcement. It's currently unknown what game will be revealed, whether it will be main series or not but we'll provide information a few days before CoroCoro's release. Be sure to watch the site in case it comes early

Source: Serebii..

Begin speculation!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Well seeing as it is a World's first shocking Pokémon announcement, I see it being either a brand new spin off, A sequel main game(not a remake) or just them revealing a game earlier than usual.

blue

gucci
    Years
    My initial thought was a game connecting several regions but I highly doubt that's plausable.. most likely a completely new spin-off or something totally unexpected but nonetheless I'm still looking forward to it.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    Watch it be on the new 3DS....if it is, which most likely will be, I'm going to flip out!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    inb4 Battrio in North America Maybe it'll just be a new spin off series entirely. -shrug- I'm not expecting a main game and I don't wanna get my hopes up really.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    To be honest, I'm hoping for Pokemon Gray, it's unlikely but possible, I mean, next year will be Japan's BW second anniversary.
    But well, there are bigger chances that this will be a spin-off too

Pawz

The PC Gamer
    Years
    I assume its going to be Grey to be honest, they tend to do this with every game they release 2 of, unless they delay it, and make a new spin off. Personally I'd like a new type of spin off, I just find the mystery dungeon games to similar, and thus don't really enjoy them. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    "World first shocking announcement"

Pokemon games that come to my mind associated to "world" are R/S. Those games are about contrast between land and water - things that literally create "world". No other Pokemon games are that close to "world" theme. Could it be hint?

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Could always be a third installment of the Shadows series maybe for Wii

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years

Pokemon games that come to my mind associated to "world" are R/S. Those games are about contrast between land and water - things that literally create "world". No other Pokemon games are that close to "world" theme. Could it be hint?

Interesting speculation. I just hope whatever it is, it's on the DS, not the 3DS, because I currently do not own a 3DS, nor do I have the money for one. Perhaps, if it's main series, it could be "3DS enhanced" with enhanced graphics/more features on the 3DS, but compatible with the DS.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years

Interesting speculation. I just hope whatever it is, it's on the DS, not the 3DS, because I currently do not own a 3DS, nor do I have the money for one. Perhaps, if it's main series, it could be "3DS enhanced" with enhanced graphics/more features on the 3DS, but compatible with the DS.

Didn't whats his face? Say that he plans to make a new game one but make them play on both? Like Sapphire on Ds and Ruby on 3Ds?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

Probably it will be like you said. It would be weird to separate 5th gen games between two consoles. I suppose they wouldn't enhance next 5th gen main games that much to not be able to play them on DS. 6th gen (if they will ever make it) should be 3DS only.

Like Sapphire on Ds and Ruby on 3Ds?

That would be terrible IMO.

Last edited:

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years

Really like this idea. Would be sweet tbh

blue

gucci
    Years
    It could be any of these speculations, I'd bank on either a completely new Pokémon game for the 3DS but then I can't understand the "Worlds first shocking announcement" part, it possibly (I doubt) could have something to do with R/S remakes but I'm not hoping for anything... yet.

Back