• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon Game In World's first shocking Pokémon announcement ~ Next month!

blue

gucci
    Years
    I would love R/S/E remakes as I have said before, but the more I think about it, its seems that theres no need. All the Hoenn legendaries are obtainable in HG/SS and with the use of the Pal Park, there arent alot of pokemon (if any, I havent checked) That cant be migrated from the GBA games, which allow good colourful Hoenn gameplay. Also That would mean the new game would have to be Gen IV compatible? Nintedo arent known for going backward more than one console.(Pokemon Red/Blue and 64 jumps to mind as an exception). which nows makes me think it will be a third Gen V or something new. Just my thoughts

Zeus

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh & Lugia were all avaliable in FRLG yet GS got HGSS plus not ALL 134 Hoenn are fully obtainable in HGSS/BW.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would love R/S/E remakes as I have said before, but the more I think about it, its seems that theres no need. All the Hoenn legendaries are obtainable in HG/SS and with the use of the Pal Park, there arent alot of pokemon (if any, I havent checked) That cant be migrated from the GBA games, which allow good colourful Hoenn gameplay. Also That would mean the new game would have to be Gen IV compatible? Nintedo arent known for going backward more than one console.(Pokemon Red/Blue and 64 jumps to mind as an exception). which nows makes me think it will be a third Gen V or something new. Just my thoughts

Zeus

Why in the world would a game now mean it's backward compatible with Gen IV any more than B/W are? o_O

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Regardless which game, I ONLY want a main-game. The phrase about the World Shocking Announcement makes me speculate that it would be a NEW Pokemon game under a different category. A different style.....a new concept and such.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Well seeing as it is a World's first shocking Pokémon announcement, I see it being either a brand new spin off, A sequel main game(not a remake) or just them revealing a game earlier than usual.

This, pretty much. I'm kind of hoping it's a sequel main game personally.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I'm personally hoping for a new Mystery Dungeon game, it's way overdue for a new installment.

Regardless which game, I ONLY want a main-game. The phrase about the World Shocking Announcement makes me speculate that it would be a NEW Pokemon game under a different category. A different style.....a new concept and such.

True, the new game could be anything, it could be Gray, it could be the R/S remakes, it could be a completely new game, we won't know for sure about it for another 30 days.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I really hope its a sequel to Coliseum/XD: Gale of Darkness <3 that might give me enough incentive to actually get a Wii U or 3DS /whitchever it'd be on

In all honesty, if it isn't a main game or an entirely new spinoff line, this would be really good, imo. A Colosseum/XD sequel would be a must buy for me, those were pretty much my favorite non main games by far, MD being second.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Considering Hoenn is 10 yrs old next year R/S remakes is possible along side Gray. So we may get two rpgs at once. That could be the shocking part.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    There's another idea I have about R/S remakes.
    Kyogre and Groudon are based on Leviathan and Behemoth - creatures from Hebrew mythology that will be killed and served at the end of the time. Year 2012 is rumored as that end of the time.

Most likely it won't be the end but releasing R/S remakes in that year would be fitting to that apocalypse theme. It was said in R/S/E that Kyogre and Groudon fighting can destroy the world.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    Why in the world would a game now mean it's backward compatible with Gen IV any more than B/W are? o_O

To clarify I meant that I doubt it will be able to trade back and forth with Gen 4 eg HG/SS D/P and Plat, only forward migration like Gen 4 to black and white.

Zeus

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Hopefully we'll get a hint at Jump Festa of what the game is. I just want R/S remakes so badly.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I just want to see Mirror B again... he's my hero
    But a RSS remake would be bomb dignity as well.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I doubt the main series RPGs will be heading to 3DS until the 6th Generation. Putting Grey on 3DS now would be like having Gold and Silver on Colour, and then Cristal on GBA for some reason, or Ruby and Sapphire on GBA, and Emerald on DS.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    wow. i wonder what its gonna be personally i would love a r/s/e remake i loved those games. i just hope its for ds, seems to 3ds is bad for the eyes and cost a crap ton of money. if not a r/s/e remake then please be a new gen cause i hate gen 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    wow. i wonder what its gonna be personally i would love a r/s/e remake i loved those games. i just hope its for ds, seems to 3ds is bad for the eyes and cost a sh!t ton of money. if not a r/s/e remake then please be a new gen cause i hate gen 5.

Then what makes you think you'll like gen 6 any better?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Does anyone know if there will be live coverage from Jump Festa? I think we may be hearing something game related from The Pokemon Company there, even if its just a hint. Jump Festa should be starting in under 16 hours. I assume they'll reveal the surprise during their press event for the public.

Hopefully they'll give a hint as to what game will be announced in Coro Coro.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Make it 'the announcement will be this month'... Some screenshots there too.

And no, it's not a main series game, sorry! Spinoff title, RPG apparently, and for the DS (NOT the 3DS).
    From serebii:
    Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game Nobunaga Ambition X Pokemon (ポケモン プラス ノブナガの野望 ) is due for release in Japan in 2012. Not much is known about this game yet but it appears to be an RPG game. This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition. Details are being added as we speak
    And this is why people shouldn't assume things like 'world first' means RSE remakes, sorry. =p

Last edited:
    Back