• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New type?

Do you think there should be new Poke types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vizforte

The Memoriam.
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    In the next generation of Pokemon, do you think that there should be some new types. There have not been new types since the 2nd gen. IE Gold/Silver/Crystal. There are a great many things that should be put into the next gen, which types should they add, how do you think they woudl work and of course explain why you think there should be, or why you think there shouldn't be.^^

Me personally, I think there are other things that needed to be added into pokemon over types, but my kid says they need Space, and Goo type to add in. lol.

After this thread has enough types to put up, I will make a poll thread with the options see how that goes. ^^

The Poll is public, so ppl will know who voted for what.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    I think that they should put in the space type and it would work like this

Super Effective Against: Grass, Water, Flying, Ground, Steel

Not Very Effective Against: Bug, Space, Psychic

Resistance: Flying, Ground, Water, Space, Fight, Ice, Fire

Weakness: Bug, Psychic, Dragon, Ghost

what do you guys think?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    maybe a wood type, virtual type, idk thats all i can think of

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Well, there should be a light type, a star type, a wind type, and some other types.
    There's a lot of made-up types that I want in the next generation of Pokemon.

Honestly, A new type would caue for great excitement but almost everything is covered.
    Why would we need a light type, light is everywhere. It'd be pretty hard to qualify. Okay i've done this before in another thread.
    Star type, star's are gas, which would fit under poison/fire type in my mind.
    Space type? Space is just space, nothing else. The stuff in space is mostly types of minerals, which is represented fine by rock, steel and ground. The other stuff (i'm talking about Aliens of course) culd probably fit under another type (like Deoxys and psychic.)
    Wind in the past has been characterized under flying, which I think works. Grass and Normal could also fit this category.
    The problem with wood type is that, wood comes from trees which would fit under grass type (i think it should be renamed plant type).
    Virtual type sounds cool, but is a lot like psychic. Eatehr that or its technology (which I'll get to next).
    My least favourite suggestion by people is the "machine type" if they're thinking robots then, this is my argument. Steel+Electric=Machine. Very few cases go against that. Virtual is the only one I can really think of, but Virtual technology, i'm guessing still has to do with electricity, maybe poison (like car fuel)

I myself arn't agaisnt new types, I'd love to have a new one, I'd love to get excited over it but I can't find a reason to believe we need a new type. We can't have new types for the sake of having new types.
    When they created Steel, there was nothing really like it and Dark gave versatility to the game, took power away from the almost invincible (when used correctly) ghost type. The only thing like Dark was Psychic. (like evil sorcerer, which would now probably be a Psychic/Datk type.)
    I'm begging to ehar something that would work, but I find the purpose, is just not there, or you wouldn't really be able to draw anything for it, (like say an "air type.)

Edit: Correct me If i'm wrong about anything please

I am though looking forward to lots of brand new type combinations:P

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I'd like to see more type combinations and a FLYING type Pokemon, not a FLYING/NORMAL.

Then we'll talk about new types.. :)

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I am liking the idea of Virtual type, something Porygon started, lol.
    Wood type while cool, does I think fall under grass.
    Space I still like as well, they would probably hate to add it since they made I think Palkia is the space pokemon, he would need to be redone or something.
    Not sure it would work like one d00d said, but he's headed in the right direction, good ideas. ^^

I'd like to see more type combinations and a FLYING type Pokemon, not a FLYING/NORMAL.

Then we'll talk about new types.. :)

What kind of combinations are you talking about? And I agree a flying only type would be nice, flying as well as Bug have been abit abused as sidekick types. While bug has some of its own, flying does not, always paired up with normal or something.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I don't want any new types because the ones that exist are fine. Light, I don't like it because mainly Espeon. They'd have to change it's moveset and type completely to match being evolved during the day. I don't like the idea of light because fire also takes over that pretty well. I don't want any new types because I don't even have all the type match-ups memorized yet. Bug and Poison I don't know what they're good against.

I am however looking forward to new type combos, like water and fire (not gonna happen though unless they make a good looking one that can have those types.)

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • I myself arn't agaisnt new types, I'd love to have a new one, I'd love to get excited over it but I can't find a reason to believe we need a new type. We can't have new types for the sake of having new types.
    When they created Steel, there was nothing really like it and Dark gave versatility to the game, took power away from the almost invincible (when used correctly) ghost type. The only thing like Dark was Psychic. (like evil sorcerer, which would now probably be a Psychic/Datk type.)

First gen ghost types weren't invincible! First gen psychics, on the other hand, were broken. Psychic types were completely unkillable until the second generation since they were only weak to bug and ghost moves up until then. Since bug moves really didn't exist outside of twinneedle and string shot, bug types were a bad counter, and all ghosts up to generation two were part poison as well, meaning psychics could walk right over them. Up until generation two ghost-type had two moves, I believe, that did not deal fixed damage: lick and dream eater. Dream Eater relied on status condition to be effective, which pretty much made it fail, and lick was just wimpy. Psychic types were the real horror that dark was created to deal with. So yes, it added versatility to the game, but not in the way that you thought it did.

Light Pokemon would probably be the safest bet for a new type, if any. A type that was both strong and weak against dark would definitely make some sense. In addition, Espeon's moveset wouldn't need to be completely redone. Just make it dual-type and throw in a few extra moves. Hey presto, instant redux!

But yes, I agree that until one type becomes broken again for some reason, a new type won't show up.

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    They should add one new type to the game. Something that is normal against ghost and strong against dark or vice versa to combat those spiritombs and sableyes especially with hacked abilties) .

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    It would be fun but i kinda like it just how it is. I like the space type though, in addition to that there could be a time type.

deathfire234

neid moar cokiez ~.:.:NAO:.:.~
    Years
  • I like the space type though, in addition to that there could be a time type.
    What's the point? The only two that would have the type is Palkia (Space), and Dialga (Time). Unless they made a Clock Pokèmon and a Rocket Ship Pokèmon... but those would be Normal/Steel (Clock) and Fire/Flying (Rocket Ship).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot Celebi, it'd be time.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    There are no other logical types. Sure, we could have a Light or a Space or a Time, but why do that when there are still plenty of type combos to be experimented with? Give me a Grass/Water somehow, or a Fire/Grass. I dunno, but new types just don't make much sense when there are already just enough types as is.

The only idea for a new type that even remotely crosses my mind is Plasma, because that's an element that Pokemon doesnt have as of yet.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    There are no other logical types. Sure, we could have a Light or a Space or a Time, but why do that when there are still plenty of type combos to be experimented with? Give me a Grass/Water somehow, or a Fire/Grass. I dunno, but new types just don't make much sense when there are already just enough types as is.

The only idea for a new type that even remotely crosses my mind is Plasma, because that's an element that Pokemon doesnt have as of yet.

We have a Water/Grass in Lotad-Lombre-Ludicolo. Quite a good pokemon actually.
    Fire/Grass would be interesting, the Burning Bush pokemon, it is said that it hears voices.. lol. On Psypoke, I believe someonw cameup with a cool fire/grass Chipiente, basically a Hot pepper pokemon. It was pretty cool actually.

One of the reasons I wonder if a new type is wanted or needed, is because some pokemon types we just won't be seeing ever. Like We probably won't see a psychic/bug type although it would pwn, or a ghost/normal heck ghost/steel-fire-grass, although I can think of some cool ideas therein.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • What's the point in Light type, if we have Bug to beat them into shape?

Then by that logic what's the point of fighting types which also beat Dark types into shape?

I do like the idea of Light type. It's probably one of the very few viable options. Actually I think most everything is covered so if they did add one, I think Light would fit in well.

Back