• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    *jaw drop*

*faints*

*drools on floor*

I ... I feel the same as when I just saw the original trailer for the first time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Brawl is gonna be awesome. I can just feel it. XD I know Nintendo could do better though, by adding some exclusive Wiimote functionality. I mean, look at Strikers, for example. You shake the controller just to tackle. I think something similar could've been done to Brawl.

Anyways, has anybody heard that you're not gonna have to buy a Classic Controller to play VC games if you own a GCN controller? All that plus the possibility to save VC games on an SD card! I'm feeling all bouncy again... XD *shot*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • *jaw drop*

*faints*

*drools on floor*

I ... I feel the same as when I just saw the original trailer for the first time.
    My feeling wasn't as hard as the time I saw the first one. When I saw the first Brawl trailer I cried, I was so happy that I cried (click the link, it shows my post XD). But still, this Brawl trailer blew me away.

Brawl is gonna be awesome. I can just feel it. XD I know Nintendo could do better though, by adding some exclusive Wiimote functionality. I mean, look at Strikers, for example. You shake the controller just to tackle. I think something similar could've been done to Brawl.

Anyways, has anybody heard that you're not gonna have to buy a Classic Controller to play VC games if you own a GCN controller? All that plus the possibility to save VC games on an SD card! I'm feeling all bouncy again... XD *shot*
    I for one am glad they aren't going all Wiimote style with SSBB. I just wouldn't like it as much. I know that's me going back on the whole "The Wiimote if the future of gaming." stuff, but don't mess with the SSB unless you have to. XD

Well this is good news for everyone wanting to save money here and there. And if I got the money then I might just pick up some WiiPoints (Maro Bros, Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong).

I hate to pop the SSBB topic (SSBB is always a great topic), but some news is in, and we all like to keep everyone well informed. XD

https://www.thewiire.com/news/547/1/Kaplan_Component_Cables_at_Retail
    I guess we will be seeing Component Cables at launch, more of a reason for me to spend more money. XD
    I am so never going to get all this (an a TV) paid off. X_X
    Oh, and incase all of you are wondering, no I'm not going to get a nice 32 inch HDTV to watch TV and movies on, I want it so I can have a nice gaming pad (when I get the money I'll get speakers for all around the room.... ok that was a joke XD).

https://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2631
    Zelda Retrospective Part 4 is now out, it's not as good as the first three so don't get your hopes up.

https://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744044p1.html
    Robo sent me this last night. This is Matt from IGN totally getting all worked up over Twilight Princess. Here's a few quotes (you should all read it all, it's a good read).

"You say that your arms will get tired using the Wii remote. You speak of mirrored worlds and right-handed Link. And you know what? It's all crap."

"If you have the means to buy Twilight Princess for Wii and you still get it for GameCube, you are a fool."

"I asked how long it took Nintendo's testers to complete the entire game the first time through. The answer is a whopping 70-plus hours."

"When publishers claim that their games are 50 hours long, seasoned players usually half that number for the truth. But with Twilight Princess, I think we can really look forward to a 50-plus-hour adventure, bare minimum."

"Now, slashing Link's sword with the remote feels very good and using the device to aim and target with weapons like the Hero's Bow and Gale Boomerang absolutely demolishes the traditional configuration. There really is no comparison - and there's no going back."

Read the whole thing, it's good (and my jaw really did drop when I saw the 70 hours part, I love long games and if it's 70 hours or more then it's got to be one damn good game).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I want to be impressed by Brawl, really I do, but I'm just not yet. Believe me, I was ecstatic when that trailer came up at E3 (a little disappointed at Snake being in it, mind). And from what I've seen in the new trailer, it looks like the Smash that we know and love.

But that's it.

The courses shown so far have yet to impress me. That Mario Kart one is just a graphical swap of Mute City. And I haven't seen too many large areas either. I want more areas like Hyrule Temple (even though I hate that stage because it's inaccurate. There is no such place as Hyrule Temple and the Hylian doesn't say anything.)

---

And Zelda... I read Matt's preview. I'm rethinking my goal of a 25 hour second run, now. o.o Probably, not going to happen. At 52.5 by the second or third run though. XD

Yay component cables.

Has anyone read Iwata's comments on the Wii loading times. He said that he's disappointed with it and hope to bring down to 2-3 seconds in future updates.

Future updates? Do we get firmware updates or is there Wii Lite already in the works?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I am still excited for Brawl but the second trailer wasn't as exciting as the first one. The first one was great because you got to see Brawl for the first time but this second one, even though it shows real time gameplay, didn't get me any more excited for Brawl. I'm still very excited for Brawl though!

Well, all of these previews seem to be saying one thing and that is that TP will be awesome on the Wii, most also say that the Cube version now pales in comparison so if I had any doubts, which I didn't, they are all gone now.

Edit!!!!!!!!

I did some digging and I found the first Wii game review and it's Red Steel!

Here is a link to the scan!

https://www.blork.co.nr/redsteel-review.jpg

Well, there you have it, I couldn't really read the actual review but I read the parts on the right side. Here are some notable things they said, you can read it yourself too.

"Controls are logical and handle like a dream. Analogue stick, hang your big plastic head in shame."

"A tad shallow maybe?"

Summary reads:

"Not only making excellent use of the Wii's controllers, this is huge fun in its own right. For a launch title to get so much right is an indicator of great things to come."

I don't really know how NGamer reviews games or how they critique games but it's still a good review! Well, here is a list of other games that have received a 90 from them:

Pikmin 2
    Super Monkey Ball
    Metroid Prime
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Hitman 2
    WarioWare: Twisted!
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
    Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I want to be impressed by Brawl, really I do, but I'm just not yet. Believe me, I was ecstatic when that trailer came up at E3 (a little disappointed at Snake being in it, mind). And from what I've seen in the new trailer, it looks like the Smash that we know and love.

But that's it.

The courses shown so far have yet to impress me. That Mario Kart one is just a graphical swap of Mute City. And I haven't seen too many large areas either. I want more areas like Hyrule Temple (even though I hate that stage because it's inaccurate. There is no such place as Hyrule Temple and the Hylian doesn't say anything.)

---

Has anyone read Iwata's comments on the Wii loading times. He said that he's disappointed with it and hope to bring down to 2-3 seconds in future updates.

Future updates? Do we get firmware updates or is there Wii Lite already in the works?
    We've seen what, 5 or 6 levels? SSBM had 29 levels (and I do think SSBB will have far far more levels). You can't be let down by just the levels you see in 2 trailers.

Hyrule Temple: So? Sure the level isn't right, and it wasn't on any Zelda game. But was Poke Floats or Pokemon Stadium on any Pokemon game? It's my fav level on SSBM because it's so big, sure it isn't right but that doesn't matter.

Future updates: I don't see why we can't get firmware updates. Can you even speed up loading times via a firmware update? O_o

Well, all of these previews seem to be saying one thing and that is that TP will be awesome on the Wii, most also say that the Cube version now pales in comparison so if I had any doubts, which I didn't, they are all gone now.

Edit!!!!!!!!

I did some digging and I found the first Wii game review and it's Red Steel!

Here is a link to the scan!

https://www.blork.co.nr/redsteel-review.jpg

Well, there you have it, I couldn't really read the actual review but I read the parts on the right side. Here are some notable things they said, you can read it yourself too.

"Controls are logical and handle like a dream. Analogue stick, hang your big plastic head in shame."

"A tad shallow maybe?"

Summary reads:

"Not only making excellent use of the Wii's controllers, this is huge fun in its own right. For a launch title to get so much right is an indicator of great things to come."

I don't really know how NGamer reviews games or how they critique games but it's still a good review! Well, here is a list of other games that have received a 90 from them:

Pikmin 2
    Super Monkey Ball
    Metroid Prime
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Hitman 2
    WarioWare: Twisted!
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
    Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
    In some ways I'm glad, in others I'm sad. I mean I hate to say it but TP was for the GC, people wanted and waited for the GC ver. But oh well, what's done is done and TP on the Wii will have a better chance on being the best Zelda yet.

I remember Robo telling me about this. I really don't see how they can review the game and it's not even out yet. I mean GameSpot just got a Test PS3 (as in it's not the same one you'll be pulling out of the box on the 17th). And the PS3 launch is closer (by 2 days, but still closer). I think NGamer should have waited till the final ver of the games and Wii came out (if they were playing it on the final version of both the system and games then that's fine. But if they were playing it on devs and stuff then I think they should have waited).

https://www.thewiire.com/news/548/1/Twilight_Princess_to_Feature_Downloadable_Content
    I was going to post this yesterday, but I was too lazy to do so (I so friggen changed the layout on my LJ, It's all Final Fantasy now XD. And I was playing FFXII) I'm posting this now.
    Downloadable Content? Wow, is it just me or is LoZ: TP getting even larger?

https://gonintendo.com/?p=8006
    So yet again we hear that Sony is getting out of gaming and going into entertainment stuff. And they want to know why the DS outsells the PSP?

https://gonintendo.com/?p=7983
    I hope that's true. If so then I think I'll be getting a Wii on launch day and not have anything to worry about. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Hyrule Temple: So? Sure the level isn't right, and it wasn't on any Zelda game. But was Poke Floats or Pokemon Stadium on any Pokemon game? It's my fav level on SSBM because it's so big, sure it isn't right but that doesn't matter.

I'm called TRIFORCE89 not Pokédex89!

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Hyrule Temple: So? Sure the level isn't right, and it wasn't on any Zelda game. But was Poke Floats or Pokemon Stadium on any Pokemon game? It's my fav level on SSBM because it's so big, sure it isn't right but that doesn't matter.

I'm called TRIFORCE89 not Pokédex89!

Too bad your username isn't irrelevant to his point, neh? The fact that it wasn't in a Zelda game isn't a big deal. It is a fun and large area to play in, and was made based on the games, so that basically nullifies any importance in it's presence in a main Zelda game.

And yes, I'm a member of this thing, I just post close to never. >o

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • But...I didn't say that I didn't think it was fun. I did say that I wanted more arenas like it, didn't I? It's my favouirte stage, even if it is inaccurate.

Legolas

<3 +.+ E>
    Years
  • Hey Arcanine, I love Nintendo, so mind if I join teh club? :]

I want to be impressed by Brawl, really I do, but I'm just not yet. Believe me, I was ecstatic when that trailer came up at E3 (a little disappointed at Snake being in it, mind). And from what I've seen in the new trailer, it looks like the Smash that we know and love.

But that's it.

---

And Zelda... I read Matt's preview. I'm rethinking my goal of a 25 hour second run, now. o.o Probably, not going to happen. At 52.5 by the second or third run though. XD

Yay component cables.

I agree that the maps have so far sucked, and the Hyrule Temple was inaccurate, but hey It was a good map, I agree. And does that Mario Kart one look like Mute City? I have yet to see that map.. x.x, but I've never really liked Mute City anyhow... Both of the StarFox maps are my fave, along with the Hyrule Temple.

We've seen what, 5 or 6 levels? SSBM had 29 levels (and I do think SSBB will have far far more levels). You can't be let down by just the levels you see in 2 trailers.

Hyrule Temple: So? Sure the level isn't right, and it wasn't on any Zelda game. But was Poke Floats or Pokemon Stadium on any Pokemon game? It's my fav level on SSBM because it's so big, sure it isn't right but that doesn't matter.

Future updates: I don't see why we can't get firmware updates. Can you even speed up loading times via a firmware update? O_o

In some ways I'm glad, in others I'm sad. I mean I hate to say it but TP was for the GC, people wanted and waited for the GC ver. But oh well, what's done is done and TP on the Wii will have a better chance on being the best Zelda yet.

I remember Robo telling me about this. I really don't see how they can review the game and it's not even out yet. I mean GameSpot just got a Test PS3 (as in it's not the same one you'll be pulling out of the box on the 17th). And the PS3 launch is closer (by 2 days, but still closer). I think NGamer should have waited till the final ver of the games and Wii came out (if they were playing it on the final version of both the system and games then that's fine. But if they were playing it on devs and stuff then I think they should have waited).

https://www.thewiire.com/news/548/1/Twilight_Princess_to_Feature_Downloadable_Content
    I was going to post this yesterday, but I was too lazy to do so (I so friggen changed the layout on my LJ, It's all Final Fantasy now XD. And I was playing FFXII) I'm posting this now.
    Downloadable Content? Wow, is it just me or is LoZ: TP getting even larger?

https://gonintendo.com/?p=8006
    So yet again we hear that Sony is getting out of gaming and going into entertainment stuff. And they want to know why the DS outsells the PSP?

https://gonintendo.com/?p=7983
    I hope that's true. If so then I think I'll be getting a Wii on launch day and not have anything to worry about. XD

Well...Indeed it was for the GC, and I've been waiting for the new LoZ game to come out for GC for god remembers how long. However, I'm extremely happy that its a launch tittle for the Rev, because it will be very enhanced, and better than the GC version. It'll be twice as much fishing with the Wiimotes, twice as much fun slashing the enemys, and twice as much fun jumping onto the enemys in Werewolf form, :P

I totally agree with you about them writing reviews for products that arn't even out yet. They should wait for the Final version to write reviews that some people will consider in there choice to buy a Rev or a PS3.

And, is LoZ: TP actually gonna have ADDIONAL LEVELS?! WOOT! Just more fun and time to add to it.

About Toys R Us getting more units...is extremely retarded, because I've only seen like 3 of them driving through big citys on VK's, and never even been into one. However, I reserved my Rev at a GameStop, along with LoZ:TP paid in full. :]

Thats one of my main reasons for me buying a Rev insted of a PS3, THE PRICE!!! You could buy a Rev, with almost 7 games for the price of just the PS3 itself. However, that was before I found out about the Wiimote and TP being for Rev, now of course its a no-brainer. :P

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • We ar...they are still deciding whether to input additional levels for downloading. IT would be nice but if they do add it, the game wont exactly have an end to it, they have to draw the line somewhere.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Hey Arcanine, I love Nintendo, so mind if I join teh club? :]

Well...Indeed it was for the GC, and I've been waiting for the new LoZ game to come out for GC for god remembers how long. However, I'm extremely happy that its a launch tittle for the Rev, because it will be very enhanced, and better than the GC version. It'll be twice as much fishing with the Wiimotes, twice as much fun slashing the enemys, and twice as much fun jumping onto the enemys in Werewolf form, :P

About Toys R Us getting more units...is extremely retarded, because I've only seen like 3 of them driving through big citys on VK's, and never even been into one. However, I reserved my Rev at a GameStop, along with LoZ:TP paid in full. :]

Thats one of my main reasons for me buying a Rev insted of a PS3, THE PRICE!!! You could buy a Rev, with almost 7 games for the price of just the PS3 itself. However, that was before I found out about the Wiimote and TP being for Rev, now of course its a no-brainer. :P
    Sure you can join. Welcome to the club.

Wow, someone that still calls it the "Revolution". XD
    But yea, I remember how pissed many where when we first found out that there was going to be a GC and a Wii ver of the game. And I remember how pissed many where when we found out that the GC ver was pushed a month back. And I remember some saying they wanted the GC ver more (and that's fine). I really can't see why anyone would want to buy the GC ver.

Well the largest batch of Wiis goes to Wal-Mart. Sure you got the normal and Supercenter, but it's Wal-Mart. The only reason why ToysRUs will get 200 per store is because there's so few stores out there. I'm pretty glad that ToysRUs will be getting so many. There's an EBGames, Circuit City, 2 Wal-Marts, and a Sam's in my town (just in my town). But if the ToysRUs in my town gets 200 systems I'm going there (or call) first.

Well it's not that you can buy a Wii and almost 7 games. You can buy a Wii and 7 games (8 counting Wii Sports). And that's going to hurt Sony. On one hand you got a system that has some really good looking graphics, some new fancy CD drive, and a "new" controller.
    On the other you got a system with graphics that's a step up above this gen, a revolutionary controller, some pretty good online stuff (VC, WiiConnect24, message board, etc), and for the same price as the other system you can have 8 games (counting Wii Sports).

We ar...they are still deciding whether to input additional levels for downloading. IT would be nice but if they do add it, the game wont exactly have an end to it, they have to draw the line somewhere.
    I don't know how much more they can update it. But I guess they can. Because Obilivion for the 360 had a TON of stuff on it. Yet they updated it with 4 or 5 downloads.

And for you that's getting one on launch day, a little over 11 days away...... HOLY CRAP. We've been waiting ages to see if "Playing = Believing", and with in 11 days (and some hours tacked on) some of us will be seeing first hand if it's true.
    I'm still thinking about pulling an all nighter that night, I wonder how many will be on with me also pulling an all nighter.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I want that game...of course, there are a lot of games I want that I can't get because I'm saving up for Wii. XD

I wish I could pull an all-nighter with you guys, but I've gotta wake up early the next morning and go to class. x.x

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I hate all of you people - I have to wait till December to experience that "Playing=Believing" honk.

-_-

And what's Club house games?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • It's basically a collection of classic games for the DS - chess, checkers, pool, blackjack, bowling, stuff like that. And it's wifi compatible too.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • You're looking at her him, sweetie! XD I'm with ya 99.9999% =3 XD
    Well that's 1 (well more, I know others said they'd do it too). Now I just wonder if my parents will flip out once they find out I was up all night. XD

I wish I could pull an all-nighter with you guys, but I've gotta wake up early the next morning and go to class. x.x
    Don't feel so bad, the more I think about it the more I know my parents would kill me. <_<;;

I hate all of you people - I have to wait till December to experience that "Playing=Believing" honk.

-_-
    Don't worry, you can read what we got to say about it. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I would pull an all-nighter, but I have the school the following day. And...even if I didn't and I did pull an all-nighter, it would be spent with the Wii, not talking to you guys.

No offence. XD

Back