• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    SONY really doesn't know anything! All the gaming systems they've made are crappy and break a lot! Nintendo DS will triumph over ANYTHING!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    HIM said:
    PSP looks alot cooler than that. That piece of **** looks like crap. Nintendo sucks and they have no chance of tring to outsell Sony, why try?
    Umm, they already are. The Game Boy Advance currently sells more then PS2, X-Box, and Gamecube combined. And if it wasn't for Nintendo, video games would be dead about now since the industry went in a slump back around 1986-1987 and Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo revived it with Donkey Kong and the Nintendo Entertainment System. So don't mock the Nintendo or else you shall be eaten by Yoshi.

One of the main things I worry about in these coming portable systems is battery usage. The old Game Gear used to eat 6 batteries in a couple of hours. To tell the truth, I rather dislike recharging battery packs. What are you supposed to do if it breaks (I have one for the GBA that just suddenly stopped charging) or while it is charging (unless you have 2 or more). With all these features that the PSP and GBA DS have, they are bound to suck up the rechargable batteries and probably only get an hour or two of gameplay for every twelve hours you charge (more worried about this on the PSP then GBA DS because of how long my Gameboy Color lasted on a single set of batteries and then I put them in the GBA and played for a long time on it too).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    PSP battery usage:

If you're playing games you have: 10 hrs

Music: 8hrs

Movie: 2 1/2hrs

I don't know how much the DS has....

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    pokejungle said:
    PSP battery usage:

If you're playing games you have: 10 hrs

Movie: 2 1/2hrs

I don't know how much the DS has....
    Wow, you can't finish watching Star Wars before the battery runs out XD

Seriously, what's the charging time? 12 hours? 24 hours? This is why I dislike rechargable batteries. You have to wait a day to watch a movie. That is so useless. It would be easier taking your DVD player everywhere then having to wait so long to just watch one movie.

And I'm so sure that the games last 10 hours while music can only last 8 hours (Games have music in them so why can they last longer then just music when they have graphics to worry about too? Unless all the games are silent, then I couldn't play them. >.>).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I like being able to pop in batteries whenever they run out! More expensive, but...hey!

@_@

I like the SP battery usage though, its nice!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I love lithium ion batteries?they last most of the day, or at least more than long enough that I?ll be playing them, then always leave em on the charger when not in use. I do this with my GBA SP and iPod and I never run out of juice. I realize this kills that battery faster but hey, they aren?t expensive batteries.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    Acutally games will range between 2-10 hours on the PSP, it all depends on the amount of loading the disk has to do during the game, and 10 hours is just an approx. from various sites, I think it could last longer depending on the game. Example: Any game with a lot of loading will have very little battery life and a game with next to no loading time could probably last about 15 hours. Which isn't good for RPGs. :\

pokejungle said:
    Actually the PSP has not been said to be able to play mp3s. See, people just assumed that it could play games, movies, and music. But so far Sony has only shown music videos and movies. And then even recently Gamespot posted this on the rumor control news.
    RUMOR #3: The PSP will no longer have the MP3 playback functionality Sony previously announced.

Source: The latest issue of British Edge magazine, by way of PSPinsider.

The official story: Inquires to Sony were passed between different reps, with no results.

What we heard: Someone who got hold of an early copy of Edge relayed its contents to PSPInsider's editors, who passed them along to GameSpot. The main draw was an interview with Phil Harrison, SCEE's famously garrulous executive vice president of development, in which he discusses the PSP. Some of his comments were not so shocking: Games and movies on the UMD format the PSP uses will be in line with current PS2 and DVD prices, and the device's external battery pack will be 8mm thick and will be worn on the wrist. However, Harrison did drop one bombshell, mentioning that the PSP will not play the uberpopular MP3 music format. Such a move would deal a major blow to Sony's marketing of the PSP as an all-in-one portable media device to gadgeteers already lugging around a cell phone, PDA, iPod, and (presumably) a wallet.

Bogus or not bogus?: Hopefully bogus.
    It's all really unconfirmed right now. They say hopefully bogus, but it might not be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I got my info from EGM....

I don't know how reliable that is.....but...! oh well.......

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I think Nintendo is going out. They're just goin be a second-hand gaming company like Sega. I've changed my mind, though I'm still buying a DS. I'm buying a PSP too. Although Nintendo's dominated over handhelds for 15 years, they cannot beat Sony.

This is one war we are goin to lose. Hopefully the PSP will be defective, we've all had our share of experience with Sony's products. XD

Nintendo is giving off a kiddy vibe that the gaming world doesn't want.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Nintendo is NEVER going out! It is a brand name people trust....and they make awesome hardware + first party games! Nintendo will be there, forever and always!

I will be buying the DS just because I support Nintendo XP....Actually it looks pretty cool to me...lol......

aaaaaa

Thats why we sell more PS2 stuff in a day than we do Gamecube stuff in a week.
    People really trust Nintendo, mmhmm.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    That's because everyone already has a gamecube XP

They're just like, "Oh, well...I guess I could buy this peice of crap because I don't have one yet..."

aaaaaa

Erm..if everyone has a gamecube, why are the games selling so poorly?
    The games are, on average, 30% cheaper than Xbox or PS2 games, but still not selling; ergo, not enough people have the system.
    But the system sells even worse than the games.
    This time it's 60% cheaper than the competition,
    No games selling, no consoles selling == dying system
    People just don't trust Nintendo anymore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I don't care what you say! Nintendo will always be around, and anything Sony makes is ready to break, so maybe consumers are just getting dumber.

I'm a huge NinTeDo fan...if you hadn't figured that out ^_~

aaaaaa

You say consumers are getting dumber; and yet, you make it clear that you just seem to..lack, the kinda intelect required to accept fact.
    Sony products break?
    Funny that.
    We have more Xboxes come back, and GBA's, than we do PS2's.
    We have Pre-Owned ORIGINAL SERIES PS1's that are still ticking along without ever having been serviced.
    You're quire amusing, in your ignorance world of convenient fiction.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    JoWood said:
    I think Nintendo is going out. They're just goin be a second-hand gaming company like Sega.
    Thats blasphemy!
    You wanna know why Nintendo will succeed in the console business. It will succeed because Nintendo ALWAYS delivers. Delivers what? QUALITY GAMES!

al337a said:
    We have more Xboxes come back, and GBA's, than we do PS2's.
    Yeah, but the Xbox's & GBA's aren't returned because of hardware issues like a lot of the PS2's are returned for. It's my guess that most people return systems because they are either switching consoles or are just selling theirs for the extra cash. At least thats why I sold my old GBA.

I only get 20 bucks my - !!!

At least I have my beloved SP.

Last edited:

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    The gamecube is selling crappy, but the GBA makes the most money of all the systems!! Nintendo is the best at handhelds! they have tons of experence with it! Sony knows nothing about handheld games..... when they get more experence then mabye they will beat Nintendo the chances of that are slim to none...... I'm still getting both, but the DS first.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    In November, the GC was the top selling console. That of course HAS changed and it is now tied with the Xbox.

a1337a, you seem to think that where-ever you work is the representation of all stores. You seem to be finding the convienent answers. I in fact draw answers from a variety of magazines and online information. Also gamer's opinions. Yes, PS2 is the most popular, yes, Gamecube may be doing badly, but it simply may be the games, not the hardware itself, that harms the GC's sales. I don't know why you're even debating this with me.....Get some info, not just the sales of ONE store!

aaaaaa

In November, the GC was the top selling console. That of course HAS changed and it is now tied with the Xbox.

a1337a, you seem to think that where-ever you work is the representation of all stores. You seem to be finding the convienent answers. I in fact draw answers from a variety of magazines and online information. Also gamer's opinions. Yes, PS2 is the most popular, yes, Gamecube may be doing badly, but it simply may be the games, not the hardware itself, that harms the GC's sales. I don't know why you're even debating this with me.....Get some info, not just the sales of ONE store!

Heh..you know I'm a store manager at EBgames, right?
    I don't go just by my store, I have access to sale figures from any of our global stores.
    It's against policy to declare figures, but I'm quite allowed to say that Nintendo's equipment is by far the lowest selling stock we have.
    You read magazines; which are sponsored by games publishers. Trust them to give an unbiased opinion, for sure. In the end, to me, all that matters is bottom line. And in reaching our monthly targets, the figures just paint the already obvious picture that Nintendo are on the decline.
    Perhaps it's the fault of their blatent lack of any marketing ability beyond the Pokemon Franchise?

It's not just the GCN thats dying either, I might add.
    We have more pre-sells for DUKE NUKEM FOREVER, than we do for Pokemon FR/LG. We have so many GBA: SP's come back for RMA's due to the poor quality battery that it's just beyond amusing.

And yes, the truth tends to lead to quite convenient answers.
    I, have facts. You, just get annoyed.
    Don't insult me, child.
    I have my facts, where're yours?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back