• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Tendo said:
    On the consoles of course! I think thats why more & more developers are making online games for consoles, they realize that there is a place for online gaming.

Exactly! But Nintendo thinks differently. The company is as stubborn as ever about embracing online gamin.(lemme bash a quote here, )

"We believe in the power of community. "Fils-Aime says "We just don't believe that doing it online through a pay-2-play mechinism is the way the consumer wants it. "(Nintendo's clueless)

pokejungle said:
    a lot of people think that Nintendo redeemed itself with awesome gamecube games. I can guarantee that Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, and the rest of their games are going to fly off the shelves.

You think those games are going to make up for Nintendo millions of dollars spent on kiddie games, (Spongebob Squarepants, my lil cousin has that game and he cant even work the controls.) No doubt Metroid Prime will bring in some dough, but PS2 is constantly delivering games like these. With GCN it's every so often.

a1337a said:
    Oh, and we sell to children and teens as much as anyone else, and more and more kids nowdays are buying PS2 and Xbox over anything with the word 'Nintendo' on it.

Children? Teens makeup most of the gaming community nowadays. I doubt a child has $50 to spend on one thing. But I agree with you on the more selling PS2 and Xbox acessories.

aaaaaa

By children I mean the 8 to 12 year old age group that come in with their parents.
    Teen's make up only about a third of all sales, actually.

aaaaaa

And when you do posts, make them more than just useless fanboi drivel.
    kthx

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    a1337a said:
    Uh...by that reasoning, the Gamecube should be top dog, because Nintendo has had more console experiance than Sony and Microsoft.
    But it's just not the case. The GCN is the outcast console, so will be the NDS.

it has better experience with handheld systems compared to sony. so The NDS will probly be better than the PSP. I am still getting both, though. As long as there are good games for both, I'm fine but still, the GBA is the best selling console EVER. Thats why I think the DS will be a better hit. of course, it would be even a bigger hit with a M rated Zelda...... heh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think the DS will be a big hit to! The developers are excited about it so, we should have some great launch games! I might buy the PSP, I haven't decided yet. It looks stupid to me! I don' t know why @_@

a1337a......why are you so mean, you didn't have to insult his post, you could have just said don't double post!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think you're right. + Spiderman 2, FF: Crystal Chronicles, etc....

It already promises an awesome line up! PSP, well, I'm not convinced the games I want would be on it!

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    The PSP has some games I want(Like Metal Gear Acid) But the DS shows more games I want!( Mario 64x4 cuse I never beat 64; I sold my N64 before that, Metroid Prime Hunters, and there will be Zelda games on it too! ((why would they not?)) and there will be pokemon games on it, okay thats more than enough to convince me to buy the DS.) the DS will be better than the PSP!!!!

aaaaaa

I'm honest.
    Oh and Metroid Hunters may look pretty, but trust me, you try playing an FPS with a stylus and you'll agree with my opinion of that attrocity.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    you told me on MSN you're mean @_@

XDDDDDD

Ya, Nintendo first party games were enough to make me want the DS too...

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    al337a, do you have some deep down hatred towards Nintendo fanboys or something? Why go this far just to crush our hopes & dreams, my hopes & dreams...

*sniff* All I want is to believe... *sniffle* In Nintendo...

*Tendo clings to what is left of his Nintendo fanboyism*

aaaaaa

I just feel the need to spread the facts, thats all.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Tendo said:
    al337a, do you have some deep down hatred towards Nintendo fanboys or something? Why go this far just to crush our hopes & dreams, my hopes & dreams...

*sniff* All I want is to believe... *sniffle* In Nintendo...

*Tendo clings to what is left of his Nintendo fanboyism*

Please...she hasn't done anything...just stated what we all KNOW is true but what most of us won't admit...

I myself am an insane Nintendo fan. I love the franchises and all the great series. But the thing is, I KNOW when Nintendo is in a slump, and Nintendo is in a slump.It just irks me when someone fanboys don't want to admit what they know is completely obvious...

I also believe that the DS will save Nintendo and will wash out the PSP...but thats just me...:)

And by the way...it's a statistical FACT that the majority of gamers are in their early twenties. That's a fact, meaning you can't dispute...and if you STILL feel the need to dispute a FACT, then your an idiot...

fin

BOO ya!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm a fanboy, but I also admit Nintendo's not doing so hot right now. But, I think this is just a stage for teh company, not something that's permanent. Eventually sales will pick up. Nintendo will still rule forever in Japan! All they have to do there is release Pokemon Games XD

I agree with Dakota that the DS will redeem Nintendo. When developers like a platform, consumers usually do to. Especially when it has SO MANY GREAT FEATURES! The PSP can't even compete with the amount of stuff DS has!

Does the PSP have a:
    -touch-screen
    -Wi-Fi wireless
    -Two Screens
    -Microphone
    -Cartridges [Less loading, more reliable, more durable, no matter how much space!]

I could go on, but....why? It would be like putting salt in an already gaping wound!

aaaaaa

Bluetooth Wireless
    Movie Playback
    Music Playback
    UMD Media.
    Cartridges are expensive and cannot compete with todays high capacity media.
    UMD is the future of portable gaming, simply because it's a step forward, not backwards.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    a1337a said:
    The PSP has a proper 16:9 widescreen.
    Bluetooth Wireless
    Movie Playback
    Music Playback
    UMD Media.
    Cartridges are expensive and cannot compete with todays high capacity media.
    UMD is the future of portable gaming, simply because it's a step forward, not backwards.
    Actually I like cartridges more than discs. They aren't as easy to mess up (the ones you rent don't have to have to be cleaned completely before use due to finger prints and the like from idiots :/), they load a lot faster, and AOL can't send them to you XD And they may be a bit more expensive but they can't be copied onto a CD-R and played on the actual system (with a mod chip) which saves money lost from pirates (they can be made into ROMs, but ones for N64 never work completely right so I doubt the DS ones will seeing as they have 64 games and a touch screen).

Even if the PSP is a better system, the games I've heard for it are not interesting (only Ape Escape interests me right now since I'm curious on how it will work on the PSP, control-wise). The DS on the other hand, Mario 64 was one of the greatest games of all time, and being able to paly it with friends, as Yoshi sounds quite fun indeed.

aaaaaa

Actually, the UMD is like a minidisc. It's a propriatry format inside a cartridge\case.
    So there goes your theory of being too delicate, having the clean it, etc, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back