• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo is Falling Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Allstories said:
    Nintendo needs something impressive and innovative and inexpensive when they release the Revolution, considering how much later it's coming out than the other consoles. They need to utilize this time. After all, it was a late release that killed the Dreamcast.

Didn't the Dreamcast come out first?

Anyways, what Nintendo needs to do is add HD in the Revolution. Some of you may think "HD isn't really important, since I'll be playing it with or without it", but you're not the only fans who think like that. There are many people wondering why Nintendo has decided not to add HD into their system, and are frustrated because of it. Nintendo may say that "HD is not a necessary accesory", but they said something similar with online, and guess what? Online did pretty well. Of course the majority of fans still do not have online, it was one of the deciding factors when people bought third-party games. After all, why get Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the Gamecube, when you can get it for the PS2, and be able to play it online?

Black Lotus

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
    Years

Whole Pokemon franchise screams for a free 3D adventure ONLINE! Wake up for christ sakes! It would be an awesome thing for Nintendo to do and I think it would really revive the whole concept of Pokemon alive again and would bring lots of money to Nintendo too :P (Money makes the world go around) Yes, the idea has a lot of problems to be solved but also lot of potential. Launch this and some other new concepts with the Revolution and it would be a hit. Nintendo should invest into online gaming as it's raising its popularity.

They'd also have to be more variable with the games that they create. Not everyone is interested in Kirby and Mario. Invest in bigger games alongside would make a great difference.

Last edited:

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Nintendo needs to appeal to developer gaining back better support. They also need to lose the 'kiddy' nature of their games. Nintendo used to be for EVERYONE back in the day. You could always drop by my friends house seeing my friends dad bragging on how he whoops everyone in Mario Kart 64. I don't think it's too late at all for the new look on the GameCube.

Also, Nintendo needs some more innovative games. I'm sick of all the Mario Party games since the first one. THEY ALL SUCK.. They have the perfect idea with the advertising, they're hilarious. But I don't see enough of them. All the time I see an ad for PS2 and Xbox games. I rarely see a gamecube commercial. They have good a good advertising department in the GBA/DS.

They need some new franchises. I'm thinking Nintendo is just going to call it quits on new characters because they're current roster is very good. Some new ones wouldn't hurt. Also, i'd love to see some old comebacks instead of putting old franchises to a rest. Like, EarthBound, Classic Mario Games, and who knows a cool puzzle game like the Ice Climbers wouldn't hurt either.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Nintendo does NOT have a 'kiddy' image. They DO appeal to everyone. That's probably why they're doing as well as they are, because they're not ONLY appealing to violence-loving 'hardcore'-obsessive teenagers. The video game industry cannot survive if it appeals only to an aging generations. They need to appeal to younger generations as well for when the older folks decide to get a life.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Allstories said:
    Nintendo does NOT have a 'kiddy' image. They DO appeal to everyone.

They're games may appeal to everyone, but not their reputation. Ask any casual/hardcore gamer. Nintendo does support somewhat of a kiddy image.

That's probably why they're doing as well as they are, because they're not ONLY appealing to violence-loving 'hardcore'-obsessive teenagers. The video game industry cannot survive if it appeals only to an aging generations.

That's exactly what I was saying. They need to appeal for everyone.

They need to appeal to younger generations as well for when the older folks decide to get a life.

Hey cool, you just contradicted yourself.

I forcast lots of pages in this thread full of wonderful debate.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    nintendo is trying hard to replace their kiddy image, where as Sony and Microsoft are attempting to appeal to kids.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    husk1442 said:
    nintendo is trying hard to replace their kiddy image, where as Sony and Microsoft are attempting to appeal to kids.

IMO Sony and Microsoft have a fine appeal to everyone. They could be doing better though.

Kurosaki

Well online will most likely be here from now on. I mean back in the days of SNES, N64, Playstation and so on. You could only play people you knew, when they came to your house or you went to their's. But now days online stuff is here, you can play someone on the other side of the world and not have to take one step away from your system. I think online is here to stay, and I think the GBE will be online.
    I mean like I was saying in the Nintendo club, I think the Rev being online might be a big selling point. Anyone who likes SSB/M will want to play the next one of the Rev. Everyone talked about how good it would be if it was online. The next one will be, so I think it will pick up people just because it's online.
    Really, it depends on which games they make online. SSB, yes, is a fine example. Microsoft and Sony however make stupid games online games for some reason, thats why I cancelled my Xbox Live subscription as well as my FFXI subscription.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Yukito said:
    Really, it depends on which games they make online. SSB, yes, is a fine example. Microsoft and Sony however make stupid games online games for some reason, thats why I cancelled my Xbox Live subscription as well as my FFXI subscription.

Man, you have no clue what your'e talking about. In my opinion not enough games have an online option. Plus, if you do feel that Microsoft and Sony make stupid games online what games are you speaking of?

Again, online is a wonderful thing, because most of the time it is indeed OPTIONAL. Meaning, you don't have to use it! You can just go through the story mode by yourself and at the end of the day you don't have to say anything about how online sucks. But I don't know why you wouldn't like it because it adds more to the game, testing your skills with players around the country. Which is really cool, but again.. you don't have to do it!

You probably canceled your Xbox Live subscription, as well as your FFXI subscription because.... *drum roll* YOU DON'T LIKE IT! That doesn't exactly qualify it as stupid.

Edit:Almost forgot to quote this...

Tetsuya-san said:
    There's an obvious problem with the game developers then, because people want this game or that game on the GameCube, and because they don't, it's the developer's fault. Intendo doesn't deny/approve games to pass into their console.

I don't necessarily think it's anything wrong with the developers, it's a business. The gaming industry is infact a booming industry and developers, even Nintendo needs money. It's just a matter of a foresight. The developer always thinks.. Will our game make enough money on this console..?

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Yukito said:
    I think games online is better. I mean I would love to beat you on a SSB game. XD
    There are other games I would like to play online. Online stuff is just a little add on to make the game better in some ways.
    And how could you have gotten rid of your FFXI subscription? David, you were one lucky boy to get FFXI and get it online. And then you got rid of your subscription?!!! What were you drinking that day? XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Flaming Torchic said:
    Didn't the Dreamcast come out first?

Anyways, what Nintendo needs to do is add HD in the Revolution. Some of you may think "HD isn't really important, since I'll be playing it with or without it", but you're not the only fans who think like that. There are many people wondering why Nintendo has decided not to add HD into their system, and are frustrated because of it. Nintendo may say that "HD is not a necessary accesory", but they said something similar with online, and guess what? Online did pretty well. Of course the majority of fans still do not have online, it was one of the deciding factors when people bought third-party games. After all, why get Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the Gamecube, when you can get it for the PS2, and be able to play it online?
    Ah, yes. I forgot about that. I can't see why they wouldn't have it as an OPTION for those who will use it. Just because some can't/won't doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    This is like, the 5th "What is Nintendo DOING!?" thread...already people, let it die.

Nintendo is making the right decision right now. Even though it may not be making the most sell off the games and consoles, it IS making the most money. Why change that strategy? Just wait till Sony or MS make a mistake, and bam, send in a system with all the specs and games that kill.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Arcanine said:
    Read the little survey below (it's from Japan, both the PSP and DS came out before Christmas in Japan).
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/23/news_6128046.html
    And you should have been here when the PSP and the DS first came out. I got my DS the very first day. A Target and three Wal-Marts were out of DS systems in the first day (and the 4th Wal-Mart had about 4 or 5 systems left). And I didn't see another DS system for a month (they got more systems at least once a week). That's how fast they sold out.
    But the PSP took at least 2 weeks (maybe 3). Because I got my PSP a few weeks after it came out. And they said they didn't go out of stock like the DS.

Hello? I said that the DS was sold out when it first came out (about slightly less than a month before christmas people, after all, people were preparing for the holidays) and it wasnt back in stock till the holidays were over. The PSP comes out in March, nobody notices. (bad time for a realese date, if ya ask me) as for Japan, I could care less what goes on around there.

Kurosaki

I think games online is better. I mean I would love to beat you on a SSB game. XD
    There are other games I would like to play online. Online stuff is just a little add on to make the game better in some ways.
    And how could you have gotten rid of your FFXI subscription? David, you were one lucky boy to get FFXI and get it online. And then you got rid of your subscription?!!! What were you drinking that day? XD
    Orange juice, orange juice. Oo
    I dunno, the game was just too boring for me, not enough going on. And no, I didn't play for a day and come to this conclusion, I played for 2 months first >>

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Kipkip: I really don't think giving more power is going to help. I think it would hurt them.
    1988 the Game Boy came out. And if you seen one then you you think it sucked. The graphics were bad, you couldn't see the screen really well, it was in black and white and so on.
    1989 the Atari Lynx came out, larger screen, in color, better graphics. All around better system then the GB.
    1991 the Sega Game Gear came out. All around better then the Lynx.
    Both the Game Gear and the Lynx was way way better then the Game Boy. The only things better on the GB was the battery life and the price. And them two things is what really did in the Gear and the Lynx.
    Well, think about it. Nintendo had a little edge above the others by releasing it first and above that, they already had a larger fanbase to start off with. Plus, those were handheld consoles, how many consumers think about energy consumption when they're playing a game at home?

What Nintendo needs to do is rehash what they're successful with, not make knockoffs of them. Examples? Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion. When word first came around about these games, what do you think gamers were dreaming of? I don't know about you, but I am convinced that they were thinking about Super Mario 64 all over again, and that's not what they were given.
    And what's up with Donkey Konga? Another knockoff- but this time packaged with an innovation that doesn't really step up to the plate in the average gamer's eyes.
    These types of games were Nintendo's foundation, which they have almost destroyed this time around. This, along with the lack of 3rd party support gave them nearly nothing to stand on.

Online play is another issue, but I don't think it hurt them nearly as much as my other two reasons. Revolution should probably bring them back up to speed, with online play, games such as Super Mario 128(which may be on GCN), and meeting the rest of the market with standard size media, but I'm not sure if it will be enough to blow away X360 and PS3.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    BigBoss said:
    Hello? I said that the DS was sold out when it first came out (about slightly less than a month before christmas people, after all, people were preparing for the holidays) and it wasnt back in stock till the holidays were over. The PSP comes out in March, nobody notices. (bad time for a realese date, if ya ask me) as for Japan, I could care less what goes on around there.
    True about the release dates, plus we're still in that stage where 50+% of the people buying the DS just wanted a GBA with two screens :P. Not only that, but PSP's gaming library is small at the moment, but with many more games to come, not to mention Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, and GT4: Mobile. And while DS may have a large N64 library to cash in on, PSP has a large PS1/2 library to still cash in on. After the success of Super Mario 64 DS, there's no way that Sony's supporters are going to turn away rehashed versions of their games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    BigBoss said:
    Hi how are you today? XD
    Don't mind that, I'm just trying to be a "smart(three letters goes here and it starts with "a")". XD

BigBoss said:
    I said that the DS was sold out when it first came out (about slightly less than a month before christmas people, after all, people were preparing for the holidays) and it wasnt back in stock till the holidays were over.
    If the DS came out after christmas and I knew it do you know what I would do? I would ask for money, no new games, no new clothes (but I get them anyway XD) just cold hard cash. I would take that money and save up for the DS. Now if anyone wanting a PSP really really bad would have done this or saved up for the system (it's 5 months till the XBox 360 comes out, if I wanted it I would start saving right now).
    Yes the DS made a great gift and boosted the sells around Christmas. But if someone really really wanted the PSP they would have went "Don't get me anything right now, just wait till March and you can get me the PSP".

BigBoss said:
    The PSP comes out in March, nobody notices. (bad time for a realese date, if ya ask me)
    I done said about the PSP up there.
    But I do think Sony made a mistake on letting the PSP out after Christmas.

BigBoss said:
    as for Japan, I could care less what goes on around there.
    You should care what goes on there. They make the Sony and Nintendo systems, they make a lot (more like most) of the games for Nintendo and Sony.
    And by looking at your avy you're a Legend of Zelda fan. Guess what, the guy who makes LoZ games is Japanese.
    And the US and Japan isn't the only two countries selling a lot of DS systems. Europe is pulling in a lot of money for Nintendo on DS systems.
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/29/news_6128324.html

David said:
    Orange juice, orange juice. Oo
    I bet you put...... never mind. Lets not get into what you were drinking that day. XD

David said:
    I dunno, the game was just too boring for me, not enough going on. And no, I didn't play for a day and come to this conclusion, I played for 2 months first >>
    If it wasn't for the monthly fee that you have to pay I would have got FFXI a long time ago and started playing it. I know it may be different then other Final Fantay games, but it's different. O_o

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    If the DS came out after christmas and I knew it do you know what I would do? I would ask for money, no new games, no new clothes (but I get them anyway XD) just cold hard cash. I would take that money and save up for the DS. Now if anyone wanting a PSP really really bad would have done this or saved up for the system (it's 5 months till the XBox 360 comes out, if I wanted it I would start saving right now).
    Yes the DS made a great gift and boosted the sells around Christmas. But if someone really really wanted the PSP they would have went "Don't get me anything right now, just wait till March and you can get me the PSP".
    Well, there's two things about your point of view. First of all, not everyone is willing to wait an extra few months, and secondly, it's flippin' Christmas. Most of the time, people try to keep Christmas revolving around the giving of gifts, not the giving of the means of buying their own gift after Christmas. We should also keep in mind, that while that article may have been about gamers 20+ years old, the sales figures were not. Do you think a 5 or 6 year old kid is actually going to wait, save, and actually reject two-screened goodness? That's like saying a starving hobo won't take $20 now if he'll get $25 by waiting until next week O_o
    And the US and Japan isn't the only two countries selling a lot of DS systems. Europe is pulling in a lot of money for Nintendo on DS systems.
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/29/news_6128324.html
    Oh yes, the Europe where PSP hasn't even been released yet... More starving hobos. I'm not saying that all Europeans are starving hobos, but lets get serious, how many people in the 'gray' area are going to wait for a PSP?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Brittany said:
    Well, there's two things about your point of view. First of all, not everyone is willing to wait an extra few months, and secondly, it's flippin' Christmas. Most of the time, people try to keep Christmas revolving around the giving of gifts, not the giving of the means of buying their own gift after Christmas. We should also keep in mind, that while that article may have been about gamers 20+ years old, the sales figures were not. Do you think a 5 or 6 year old kid is actually going to wait, save, and actually reject two-screened goodness? That's like saying a starving hobo won't take $20 now if he'll get $25 by waiting until next week O_o
    How many 5 or 6 year old kids do you know that owns a DS? Count IRL and online. I bet you don't find that many (at least not enough to make up 5% of the DS owners).
    Like I said, Sony made a bad move on letting the PSP out after Christmas. Still doesn't change the fact that the DS is outselling the PSP. If you think so (as in the DS being out before Christmas shouldn't be counted) then it's like saying the PS2's lead on the GC and X-Box souldn't be put in context. Because the PS2 came out a year before the GC and X-Box. And you should only count sells around the time the other two systems came out.
    Sony only have themselves to blame that Nintendo is walking all over them with DS sells.

Brittany said:
    Oh yes, the Europe where PSP hasn't even been released yet... More starving hobos. I'm not saying that all Europeans are starving hobos, but lets get serious, how many people in the 'gray' area are going to wait for a PSP?
    Big whoop, another crazy Sony move by still letting people in Europe wait for the PSP. You know when it comes out? September 1, a good 9 months after it came out in the US. People in Europe wants the PSP, they are having it imported from the US and Japan. But you know what Sony does? They put a stop to importing PSPs. You can read about it here.
    Yet again Sony stands still and lets Nintendo walk all over them. Nintendo done got 1,000,000 units from Europe, that's another 1 Mill more units sold then Sony's PSP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back